Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
um
im gay
youre gay
You're right, liberals are dumb
I studied English in college
View Results

• Locked thread
Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

blah_blah posted:

Without really wanting to be a dick, that's hardly an exceptional score. It's well below the 25th percentile of admitted students to top universities, and approximately the average for most flagship state schools.

It's pretty pathetic when people act proud about their 90th percentile ACT score, the SAT is a harder test anyway. When I did my undergrad (I don't like to brag, but I went to Harvard) we would celebrate real accomplishments, like my freshman year roommate who traveled to 80 different countries across the world before his 18th birthday. We're still friends to this day.

To be honest, I've had it up to here with complaints about standardized testing. If you're not intelligent enough to pass an ACT test with flying colors, either you are naturally inferior, or you simply didn't work hard enough. Either way, perhaps you should consider that college is not the right choice for you!

This whole thing reminds me of petty, high-school squabbling. For those naturally unskilled at sailing, there was always room on the equestrian team, if somewhat less glamorous. In fact, I remember a certain student who was not very athletic or, ah, "intellectually talented" (as the PC-crowd would have me say). Instead of joining an extracurricular he took a little bit of seed money and founded a (now very successful) business insurance service. There really is something out there for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Ogmius815 posted:

Because of circumstances I won't reveal (someone dedicated enough could already basically figure out who I am based on my post history, but I don't need to make it easier) I know loads of kids who went to Ivy League and other elite colleges (I myself went to a very old Northeastern private university that I nonetheless would never describe as "elite") and, while some of them are quite nice, most of them are horrid little future yuppie ladder climbers who worship wealth and authority. They think they're better than the last batch of horrid ladder-climbing fucks because they think gay people should have the same rights as other people; obviously they should, but that's a pretty low bar for social justice huh? I have very little faith in the young generation, our future leaders will turn out to be the same kind of horribly greedy, bellicose bastards that have been loving up the world for millennia. The only differences will be marginal progress on liberal identity politics issue and there will be trigger warnings everywhere.
Hmm, yes I agree. Same. Except, I would describe the very old Northeastern private university I went to as "elite." Also, it was Harvard. I went to Harvard. But other than that, totally same experience.

• Locked thread