Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is there really so much more money and/or prestige in network television these days to justify making a show for Fox, instead of comedy central or adult swim or something? You're basically guaranteed to get screwed over by Fox at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wouldn't say Bob's Burgers is getting screwed, because when it's all over, it will have at least eight seasons. That's no small feat, considering that Fox steadfastly refuses to take away the keys to the network from Seth MacFarlene in spite of two clunkers in a row from his lackeys (judging by its ratings, Bordertown looks destined to join Dads as a show made by a Family Guy writer with a very short time on TV). King of the Hill managed more than that in spite of being in the same situation.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Borderlands is actually a pretty decent show -- when its following the antics of the Mexican family. The White, Poor, ICE agent probably won't grow enough to be genuinely worth caring about.

If it followed the SJW college-boomerang Mexican son it would be great, on the basis of Tumblerism alone.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
drat, I thought this show was back today when I saw a review in the AV Club feed. They must've just accidentally put it up a week early because it's gone now and no new episode on the DVR :(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Borderlands is actually a pretty decent show -- when its following the antics of the Mexican family. The White, Poor, ICE agent probably won't grow enough to be genuinely worth caring about.

If it followed the SJW college-boomerang Mexican son it would be great, on the basis of Tumblerism alone.
I've heard mixed reviews about Borderland, but the ratings for its debut episode were pretty low, and that means it can only get worse. It doesn't help that I get Wild Thornberries vibes from looking at the characters, which means that they look ugly as hell.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Y-Hat posted:

I've heard mixed reviews about Borderland, but the ratings for its debut episode were pretty low, and that means it can only get worse.
Of its many problems (one of the main characters looks like a 45 year old lesbian Meg Griffin and sounds like Kathy Griffin, the other is basically Kid Rock), I've noticed that the Hispanic characters are pretty much voiced by people that think Chuck Heston in Touch of Evil sounds Mexican enough.

In a just world, this would be canned by Ep 5 and the money they Would have spent given to Bob's Burgers.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Bob's Burgers is back, baby!

The Cook, the Steve, the Gayle, and Her Lover
Bob hosts a dinner party and tries to bond with his new friend, but Gayle uses the occasion to introduce her new romantic interest to the family, unaware that Louise has been at odds with him for some time.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm going to call for a Fox executive's head if The OT is on the 7:30pm spot on the cable guide again.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Y-Hat posted:

I'm going to call for a Fox executive's head if The OT is on the 7:30pm spot on the cable guide again.

Unless the game runs incredibly long, it should end hours before Bob's airtime.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FilthyImp posted:

Of its many problems (one of the main characters looks like a 45 year old lesbian Meg Griffin and sounds like Kathy Griffin, the other is basically Kid Rock), I've noticed that the Hispanic characters are pretty much voiced by people that think Chuck Heston in Touch of Evil sounds Mexican enough.

I attempted to watch the first episode on Hulu and gave up after about 10 minutes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Unless the game runs incredibly long, it should end hours before Bob's airtime.
I didn't know that Fox had the 1pm game this week, and it's an all-out massacre so far, so a quadruple-OT game looks pretty unlikely right now. But I do hate The OT.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bidets and Confused

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

TATER TOT PIÑATA!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hello, Chitty-Chitty Bangs Bangs!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is this episode out of order because Gayle dating Frond was the whole point of the Thanksgiving episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
She is one cat death away from movin' in with us!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

So is this episode out of order because Gayle dating Frond was the whole point of the Thanksgiving episode.

In production order, this one comes before the Halloween one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That movie is to Archaeology what Pretty Woman is to prostitution.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who was the prostitute in Pretty Woman?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Is it true that you are a monkeybutt?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Lalala Spanish lalala!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

Lalala Spanish lalala!

HOLA COMO ESTÁS

ME LLAMO TINA

DONDE ESTA EL BAÑO

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else excited about how clean our floors are gonna be?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is it just me or did Xander's lines sound like they were recorded on a lower quality mic?

Did like the reprise of that voice from Home Movies, in any case.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh Jason, look at how you changed after Home Movies ended. I mean, you changed your clothes and...I guess that's it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Oh Jason, look at how you changed after Home Movies ended. I mean, you changed your clothes and...I guess that's it.
He became a "schleptomaniac" too.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

The Spanish ballad has me laughing harder than I've laughed in a drat long while

Maxwell Lord posted:

HOLA COMO ESTÁS

ME LLAMO TINA

DONDE ESTA EL BAÑO

EL PERRO ES GRANDE

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah that was driving me up the wall, because I have a terrible memory for small details. I couldn't remember who Gayle was dating in thanksgiving, whether it was Frond and this was out of order or if it was someone else and they dropped that storyline for some reason.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Steve is kind of a dick for going to a dinner party and not mentioning to the host that he's lactose intolerant

Maxwell Lord posted:

HOLA COMO ESTÁS

ME LLAMO TINA
love is like a beautiful flower

but it can also be dangerous, like a tiger with a gun

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 18, 2016

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

smashpro1 posted:

In production order, this one comes before the Halloween one.

Makes sense. Unfortunately, they probably wanted to get the holidays ones in and then concentrate on football. Football is nearing it's completion, so more new episodes.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
kinda wish they would stop using Gale. She's too grating. I know that's the point, but still.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

kinda wish they would stop using Gale. She's too grating. I know that's the point, but still.

Then let me pitch an episode to you!

Gale and Frond get married die, then on the way to their home planet.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Gail is an incredibly good character when used sparingly like she normally is, just like Frond.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Gail is an incredibly good character when used sparingly like she normally is, just like Frond.

I think the issue is having two Gayle episodes that close together. Would have been better to have some space between the eps.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah they should have put this episode off for at least a couple more weeks.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It's been two loving months since we last got a new episode, how much space do you need :argh:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Are Teddy and Helen still together?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ballz posted:

It's been two loving months since we last got a new episode, how much space do you need :argh:
Ugh, don't remind me. At least with football season blissfully ending soon, there will be more constant new episodes.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Mr. Frond has the exact same fashion style as Doug Funnie.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Y-Hat posted:

Ugh, don't remind me. At least with football season blissfully ending soon, there will be more constant new episodes.

Not until Feb though.

Seriously, the whole Fox block is off until Feb 14th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Not until Feb though.

Seriously, the whole Fox block is off until Feb 14th.

X-files, and the Superbowl. Seriously, you don't want to go up against the Superbowl.

• Locked thread