Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's just football, X-Files doesn't really enter into it since it's airing at 10pm for one sunday only.

Actually, I wonder how they are getting away with that since 10pm is typically the local news spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Y-Hat posted:

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Mr. Frond has the exact same fashion style as Doug Funnie.

I hadn't thought of that. I always think of Unnamed Anger Management Counselor in King of the Hill, "Texas Skillsaw Massacre", 2002.

Same voice actor, mannerisms, everything. He's not even given a name in KotH, so in my headcanon this IS Frond.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Illinois Smith posted:

Steve is kind of a dick for going to a dinner party and not mentioning to the host that he's lactose intolerant

Don't blame him, he has nothingness.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
A great episode. I wonder if they'll use Indiana nothing and the klepto kid again in the future.
For some reason I like the fact that the belchers are not that well off.
Bob is using a flip phone and they even have a 4/3 television.
I just watched the Simpsons and it was all bragging with iphones etc...again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Not until Feb though.

Seriously, the whole Fox block is off until Feb 14th.
"Soon" was an open-ended span of time, so I'm still right :v:

mrfart posted:

For some reason I like the fact that the belchers are not that well off.
Bob is using a flip phone and they even have a 4/3 television.
I just watched the Simpsons and it was all bragging with iphones etc...again.
There was a poll done a while ago that said that Bob's Burgers has the lowest average viewer income of any show on network TV. The highest average viewer income was Modern Family. Neither fact is surprising.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Y-Hat posted:

There was a poll done a while ago that said that Bob's Burgers has the lowest average viewer income of any show on network TV. The highest average viewer income was Modern Family. Neither fact is surprising.

poo poo, in Season 2's "Bad Tina" they have an "emergency cell phone", which strongly implies they're dependent on landlines at that point. Which was in 2012.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That awful Spanish song was amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Y-Hat posted:

"Soon" was an open-ended span of time, so I'm still right :v:

Gonna guess a lot has to do with it being an animation, and kids generally not making a huge amount of money.

Quite depressing that Modern Family had the highest average though. It's just so middle of the road these days. I'm gonna guess the premium cable shows blow them out the water if included though.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Modern family always struck me as "No, white people are not REALLY pearl-clutching bores," the show

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

EL BROMANCE posted:

Gonna guess a lot has to do with it being an animation, and kids generally not making a huge amount of money.

Quite depressing that Modern Family had the highest average though. It's just so middle of the road these days. I'm gonna guess the premium cable shows blow them out the water if included though.

Kids are not included in income totals, unless you mean people over the age of 18.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Bob's needs to be sold to Netflix or something. Such a great show, just needs to be put where the right viewers are. It's more about Fox fuckery and timeslot than being a poor people show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's pretty amazing that you can have only one episode airing between Nov-Feb. Impressively terrible.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's pretty amazing that you can have only one episode airing between Nov-Feb. Impressively terrible.

But enough about the Thanksgiving episode. :v:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think Loren Bouchard minds, and if he does, then he's being more quiet about it than Mike Judge was with King of the Hill.

It's still annoying to see that unless you're Seth MacFarlene, one of his lieutenants, or The Simpsons, you have no place on Fox Sunday nights. Didn't Last Man on Earth get screwed over as well?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Y-Hat posted:

I don't think Loren Bouchard minds, and if he does, then he's being more quiet about it than Mike Judge was with King of the Hill.

It's still annoying to see that unless you're Seth MacFarlene, one of his lieutenants, or The Simpsons, you have no place on Fox Sunday nights. Didn't Last Man on Earth get screwed over as well?

It's still on, they are just on break while they air Bordertown eps. Since Bordertown will probably be a one season wonder, they should be back on the air soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was enjoying Last Man on Earth until the second guy showed up and Phil became a huge loving rear end in a top hat from a lovable loser.

Netflix would be perfect for Bob, somehow I feel it and Bojack would go well together.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Last Man settled down a ton now, although it still needs more 'wacky poo poo you'd get up to if you were the last man', because that's definitely the show at its best. It veers on the serious side a bit, which isn't its strength.

Also Forte looks awesome in the Keanu trailer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PassTheRemote posted:

It's still on, they are just on break while they air Bordertown eps. Since Bordertown will probably be a one season wonder, they should be back on the air soon.

It's Seth McFarland, it'll get at least 5 seasons.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Last Man settled down a ton now, although it still needs more 'wacky poo poo you'd get up to if you were the last man', because that's definitely the show at its best. It veers on the serious side a bit, which isn't its strength.

Yeah, I've always liked it, but The Last Man on Earth is really good now.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

We have some script covers:

Also, looks like some fanart got to Loren:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2lllcogVW/

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This show has some of the best episode titles.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Excellent. Gayle plots are gold.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Mr. Jim Business plots are gold.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnFYwRRgt0

Kristen Schaal won an Annie for voicing Louise in Hawk and Chick.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Also, new ep on Sunday

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 13, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, what I said was he sleeps with the fishes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

PassTheRemote posted:

Also, new ep on Sunday
is there gonna be more than one ep per month again now

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
The Gene and Courtney Show
Gene and Courtney are made the hosts of the morning announcements, but their romantic history presents challenges; Tina tries to play matchmaker, but ends up over her head when she runs the Valentine's Day carnation fundraiser.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Illinois Smith posted:

is there gonna be more than one ep per month again in the last three months now

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Squish Squish Bang Bang is a good one.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Is that Will Forte as the AV guy?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PassTheRemote posted:

Is that Will Forte as the AV guy?

Yes?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Heh, wet and wild

Your plans to eat flan were flancelled!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

My funeral will be on Valentine's day

Ooh, another Episode where Linda and Louise fix Tina's problem. This will be interesting.

Of course Louise knows Bob hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bob's plans are getting more and more out there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

muscles like this? posted:

Bob's plans are getting more and more out there.

We're the last of the Carnations and we're turning fifty...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
No wait don't hang up, I'm dying!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's hard to say which holiday makes for better episodes of Bob's Burgers: Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day. But this was definitely my favorite of the Valentine's Day episodes. Anything that starts with a Sophie's Choice joke is bound to be good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that Sophie's choice joke was great and had perfect timing. I really liked that episode and yeah, some shows really struggle to do good holiday episodes but Bob's makes it look easy. Multiple thumbs up.

E: ha I never realised David Wain voices Courtney. That's hilarious.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this show doesn't really do it for me anymore, just feels repetitive and more annoying than funny at this point. it was decent for a while though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The stuff with Bob was good this week, but everything with Gene and Courtney was bordering on painful

• Locked thread