Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm still not thrilled with the "three stories by each of the Belcher kids" as a recurring episode format, but I think this was the best one of the three we've had so far. It's so quotable. It wasn't as good as last season's premiere, but "Get Rich or Die Tryin', Girl" had some very big shoes to fill.

As usual, Tina stole the show. Never stop believing in true love!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jubs posted:

I fully expect Hot Topics to get a Gene in Hamburger Suit exclusive.
I don't care how bad the Tina one looks, I'd like at least five of them.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The MLB playoffs are on Fox Sports 1 until the World Series, when it goes to Fox. That means less episodes of every show on Sunday for a week or two. But Bob's Burgers was shelved this week for a loving NFL postgame show.

I know that Bob's Burgers being at the 7:30 slot isn't as bad as I thought it used to be because King of the Hill was in that time slot for a while, but I still get pissy when I see The OT in its place. Is there any good reason why Brooklyn Nine-Nine or The Last Man On Earth can't move to another day?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

Brooklyn 99 could probably move, but last week it was the silver second highest rated show in Fox's Sunday night lineup: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ootball/473898/
You would not move Brooklyn-99 unless you were going to use it to build a new comedy block on a different night.
They already have The Grinder and Grandfathered airing on Thursdays. Does Fox have any other sitcoms they could throw there for a comedy night so that moving Brooklyn Nine-Nine there would make sense? It's something they should look into next year if those two get off the ground, at least.

That bit about The Last Man On Earth being a niche show could work in Bob's Burgers's favor, since that description also fits it. Lead off with the more established animated comedies before switching to the sitcoms that are less popular but arguably have a more devoted fanbase.

If it keeps going strong at 7:30, that's really what counts, but I hate it being preempted for thirty minutes of football postgame analysis. You can go to NBC at 7:00 for that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There were so many great one-liners and pieces of character dialog here. Like Jimmy Jr. and Tina talking about Ghost Boy in the boys' bathroom.

text editor posted:

was that nathan fielder again

edit: yes
I thought it was Demetri Martin until I heard the Canadian lilt in Jordan's "tomorrow."

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 12, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

Sooo Eugene Mirman has either gone nuts or turned into real-life Gene Belcher.

http://www.eugenemirman.com/news/im-sorry-youre-welcome
It's easier to appreciate Gene when you realize he's just a cartoon version of Eugene Mirman.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

The song's already in my head now.
For me, it's since been replaced by other music, but there was a good half hour where it was stuck there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The World Series is happening this coming Sunday. There are no new episodes of anything, so Fox spread the pain equally.

twistedmentat posted:

Well, you can just watch this over and over

I plan on doing that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCTXlerK8M0
Or this, if we're still linking Hotline Bling jokes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm gonna guess that's this season's Valentine's episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dead Goon posted:

According to trakt.tv, the next episode airs January 11th, 2016.
Why are they showing a new episode on a Tuesday? I guess if your show isn't the husk of The Simpsons, or if it isn't made by Seth MacFarlene or one of his equally awful lieutenants, then you have no place on Fox Sunday.

And we get at least two more seasons of this show being treated like dogshit by Fox.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Fox has the next episode as being Sunday Jan 17th.
I hate Fox. At least it's not getting bounced to a different day like Brooklyn Nine-Nine was.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wouldn't say Bob's Burgers is getting screwed, because when it's all over, it will have at least eight seasons. That's no small feat, considering that Fox steadfastly refuses to take away the keys to the network from Seth MacFarlene in spite of two clunkers in a row from his lackeys (judging by its ratings, Bordertown looks destined to join Dads as a show made by a Family Guy writer with a very short time on TV). King of the Hill managed more than that in spite of being in the same situation.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Borderlands is actually a pretty decent show -- when its following the antics of the Mexican family. The White, Poor, ICE agent probably won't grow enough to be genuinely worth caring about.

If it followed the SJW college-boomerang Mexican son it would be great, on the basis of Tumblerism alone.
I've heard mixed reviews about Borderland, but the ratings for its debut episode were pretty low, and that means it can only get worse. It doesn't help that I get Wild Thornberries vibes from looking at the characters, which means that they look ugly as hell.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm going to call for a Fox executive's head if The OT is on the 7:30pm spot on the cable guide again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Unless the game runs incredibly long, it should end hours before Bob's airtime.
I didn't know that Fox had the 1pm game this week, and it's an all-out massacre so far, so a quadruple-OT game looks pretty unlikely right now. But I do hate The OT.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Oh Jason, look at how you changed after Home Movies ended. I mean, you changed your clothes and...I guess that's it.
He became a "schleptomaniac" too.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ballz posted:

It's been two loving months since we last got a new episode, how much space do you need :argh:
Ugh, don't remind me. At least with football season blissfully ending soon, there will be more constant new episodes.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but Mr. Frond has the exact same fashion style as Doug Funnie.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Not until Feb though.

Seriously, the whole Fox block is off until Feb 14th.
"Soon" was an open-ended span of time, so I'm still right :v:

mrfart posted:

For some reason I like the fact that the belchers are not that well off.
Bob is using a flip phone and they even have a 4/3 television.
I just watched the Simpsons and it was all bragging with iphones etc...again.
There was a poll done a while ago that said that Bob's Burgers has the lowest average viewer income of any show on network TV. The highest average viewer income was Modern Family. Neither fact is surprising.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's pretty amazing that you can have only one episode airing between Nov-Feb. Impressively terrible.
I don't think Loren Bouchard minds, and if he does, then he's being more quiet about it than Mike Judge was with King of the Hill.

It's still annoying to see that unless you're Seth MacFarlene, one of his lieutenants, or The Simpsons, you have no place on Fox Sunday nights. Didn't Last Man on Earth get screwed over as well?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's hard to say which holiday makes for better episodes of Bob's Burgers: Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day. But this was definitely my favorite of the Valentine's Day episodes. Anything that starts with a Sophie's Choice joke is bound to be good.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Same. The necklace sucking is super annoying to me.

Plus, seriously, please stop giving H. Jon Benjamin additional voice roles on the show. He's terrible at it and already does like 5 of them, 3 of which are just his normal speaking voice with a lisp. Seth McFarlane he is not.
A lot of 11-year-olds have really annoying habits. And at least we got to hear the Jason from Home Movies voice again this season, so hearing Jon Benjamin's voice all the time isn't a total loss.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Speaking of H Jon Benjamin, during the absurd hiatus I finally watched Archer. I wouldn't really call it binging since it took almost three months, but I still watched the entire show inbetween episodes of Bob's Burgers, and now it sounds so odd listening to Bob speak without insulting or shooting anyone, usually.
I watched Archer ever since it first aired, and it took me a while into Season 2 to hear Jon's voice as anything other than Coach McGuirk, also from Home Movies. I've also noticed that in terms of character, McGuirk occupies the middle ground between Bob Belcher's family man who will do anything for his kids (albeit reluctantly at times) and Sterling Archer's womanizing, constantly drunk rear end in a top hat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think that the original Jairo episode was the first truly good episode of Bob's Burgers, and one of the only ones I watch again from Season 1. Granted, I'm biased towards Tina-centric episodes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

God bless this show. It makes you feel for inanimate objects like couches and talking toilets.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MrSlam posted:

Preview for Lice Things Are Lice is up on Bob's Burgers Facebook page

:siren: LOUISE MAY HAVE TO REMOVE HER HAT :siren:
Zeke, you idiot.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The farting stools subplot and the credit sequence had to have been Eugene Mirman's idea.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I hate to say it but I'm starting to get a little bored with the show. Just a little. They have strongly committed to form and the integrity of their characters, and that is great. But it feels exactly the same as it did in season 2. The majority of the humor on the show has been character driven but I feel like that well is running a little dry. I know how each character will react to each situation and there just aren't any surprises left.

Again, very minor complaints, but it's sort of nearing the point in its lifespan where it needs to evolve a bit, which is of course risky, or become stale. Ending this season would still be going out on top, but there are at least two more seasons.
I'm kinda on board with this opinion. It feels like this season has been less dependent on laughs through situations involving the characters and more on laughs through one-liners. It's not bad, but this season has felt lacking at times.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At least last season we got a full run of episodes. We've gotten 10 so far this season.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

c0ldfuse posted:

Probably because it's worth the money they make off of selling it to Netflix, iTunes, Amazon.
I can totally see Bob's Burgers ending three seasons ago if it weren't for streaming media and iTunes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Time for my weekly gently caress Fox forever I hope they die friendless and alone post.
I saw you post something like "I hope nobody works for Fox ever again" in the Lucifer thread. At the time, I thought that was a little much, but now I'm not so sure. They co-opted this past Sunday's primetime block for a rerun of Grease Live, for crissakes. I don't see a good reason for that other than to gently caress over the non-established shows on that block.

Nobody fucks around with their own schedule quite like Fox.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I really want that Bob's Burgers cookbook. I can always use more things to cook and I do love a good burger.

MrSlam posted:

I pray this show gets enough episodes for us to one day get a proper Bob's Burgers Quote Thread
Well, we've got two more seasons, but who knows how many episodes they'll each have. I think we're at 10 so far this season.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Linda getting hyper-competitive always sounds like a great episode

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Hot Totties"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sounds like Thomas Lennon to me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Let's get stabby, flabby!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bye Butterscotch, just in case!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

Louise does all her crimes before bedtime.
And it tuckers her right out!

Barley Davidson Burger

Yep, that was absolutely Thomas Lennon.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

There have been an abundance of 'kids do their own thing' episodes this season yeah. They seem to also be taking over the A plot pretty often.
They did a lot of those episodes last season, too. I feel Bob's Burgers is at its best when Bob is involved with one of the kids (that's why I loved Hawk and Chick and The Equestranauts). That, or if it's a musical episode like this one.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Naturally, Chris Parnell voices the rich guy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I didn't catch the second burger of the day pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If I'm going to marry a cute boy and live on a horse farm, say "aloha."

• Locked thread