Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Comrade Fakename posted:

That seems unexpected. Wasn't there a lot of talk in the old thread of this being the final season?

Great news though!

It was all speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Not a Children posted:

I'm pretty stoked about having at least 2 more years of Bob's Burgers to look forward to

I just wonder when the Simpsons/Family Guy "decline" arguments will start popping up.

I wish The Simpsons/Family Guy would just die so I don't have to kill 30 minutes between Bob's Burgers/Brooklyn Nine-Nine/ and The Last Man On Earth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm suspicious that Fox would put 3 shows that I actually enjoy, and want to watch in a row on their lineup.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Maxwell Lord posted:

Love the animation on Mr. Business.

All of Gail's cats have always been superbly animated.

Frostwerks posted:

That's depressing.

I can't wait to see which "bonus" Simpsons and Family Guy episodes we get!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FilthyImp posted:

Of its many problems (one of the main characters looks like a 45 year old lesbian Meg Griffin and sounds like Kathy Griffin, the other is basically Kid Rock), I've noticed that the Hispanic characters are pretty much voiced by people that think Chuck Heston in Touch of Evil sounds Mexican enough.

I attempted to watch the first episode on Hulu and gave up after about 10 minutes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PassTheRemote posted:

It's still on, they are just on break while they air Bordertown eps. Since Bordertown will probably be a one season wonder, they should be back on the air soon.

It's Seth McFarland, it'll get at least 5 seasons.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Last Man settled down a ton now, although it still needs more 'wacky poo poo you'd get up to if you were the last man', because that's definitely the show at its best. It veers on the serious side a bit, which isn't its strength.

Yeah, I've always liked it, but The Last Man on Earth is really good now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

counterfeitsaint posted:

Time for my weekly gently caress Fox forever I hope they die friendless and alone post.

Yeah, I assume it was this way last night too?

I checked the schedule, for this coming sunday, and I can't see 8:00 and beyond, but it looks like Bordertown and Cooper Barret are in the 7:00 and 7:30 slots, hopefully that's good news

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dead Goon posted:

Looking at the dates on trakt.tv it looks like a double episode on 4th April and then holy poo poo an episode every week for three weeks!

How will Fox manage such madness?

"Bonus" episodes of The Simpsons instead at the last minute

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
"All cats are two faced" was my favorite line last night :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PassTheRemote posted:

If they keep the show at 8:30, there is at least a chance that the not airings will be less, and no football preempts.

Plus boringass baseball is a Saturday thing!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mike_V posted:

I dunno, I really liked Stand By Gene. It was a really genuine episode I thought.

Yeah, I got warm fuzzies when the farmer told them they could pet the two butted goat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PassTheRemote posted:

Also, Bob should have Onion rings.

That opens up "western" burger options!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I think just serving Kettle Chips with the burgers as a temporary solution would not have worked with Bob, as he'd need to make artisan home made chips.

I just want to make sure this isn't just in my head, but Bob is a really good chef, and makes really good burgers, it's just he's kind of stubborn and self sabotaging because he wants everything to be because of him, nothing else?

Is it bad that I read your post in the voice of Teddy?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Pretty much. I mean part of his lack of success is caused by bad luck, but a lot of Bob's failures in life are his own fault. He's a great chef because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values, and he's a terrible business man because he's extremely proud of his work and he refuses to compromise his values. His greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

I mean, definitely, take a look at why he's always feuding with Jimmy Pesto.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Y-Hat posted:

Episodes that heavily involve Bob and Louise are some of my favorite ones. This last one, Hawk and Chick, and the museum episode are all great. I wish they'd do more of them... it's always nice to see Louise's cynicism melt away.

They are always great, because they feel like genuine moments on a ridiculous animated comedy. I don't wish they'd do more of them because I don't want it to get played out at become old hat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MrSlam posted:

One thing I'm kind of bitter about is the scheduling. Instead of advertising it as two new episodes of Bobs Burgers or making it a two part season finale, they just aired the regular new episode, aired an episode of Family Guy, and snuck the season finale in right after so they wouldn't have to devote next week's schedule to it.

I know the audience mostly rents Bobs Burgers as opposed to watching the premiere but give Boo Boo a little dignity.

Well, out of curiosity I checked what's on next week. I guess NASCAR is now in season, so I'm content that we got it in now rather than having to wait for the fall.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

If anyone hasn't, look up some clips of it. If the stuff they've released to promote the show is their best material, than I will be surprised if it makes it through its first season

The pilot is up on Hulu, and it's worse than you can imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PassTheRemote posted:

Is it worse than Mulaney?

Is it worse than finding out Dan Mintz was a writer on Mulaney?

I never watched it :shrug:

• Locked thread