Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
I found this to be the best of the season so far easily.

So many gems from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Is... that you grandma?

I'm in the barn!

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

I can't get lice I go to a private school.

This is a public school.

WhhhAAAAAAAT!?

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

I'm fading here Bob, I lost my mechanics. I'm all up in my head!

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

It's real! It's a real one all right!

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

Why did Fox renew this show when they are prepared to drop it as regularly and for as long as they do?

Probably because it's worth the money they make off of selling it to Netflix, iTunes, Amazon.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

c0ldfuse posted:

I'm fading here Bob, I lost my mechanics. I'm all up in my head!

Went mountain biking today for the first time for summer riding season and this stupid quote was in my head as I got tired 3/4 of the way in.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Fuckin' A, legit excited for two eps tonight.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Felt the same way. Enjoyed them for new storyline with characters I like, but weren't best of material.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Good ep all around even if the b-story fell off a bit at the end.

Closing credits made me :lol: real good.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The reason Bob is such a good character is the fact he's a tragic hero.

You're all correct that any normal person would take the advice and keep a few things or do something along the same veins but Bob's lack of success is exclusively based on his integrity to be true to himself and general stubbornness.

There is an entire episode where him saying "ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING".

The real genius is how they made a father character and backstory which explains why Bob seems reasonably justified in his bitterness towards father's steadfastness--and can simultaniously illustrate so elegantly how Bob just as bad.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

A Hank Williams III cameo on Bob's Burgers would be awesome.

Couldn't agree more.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Awesome. I was just burning through some old eps this week and re-watched this one. I'm really surprised how early it is in the shows history--season 2. It's such a good character building episode for Louise.

EDIT--Correction Boys4Now is end of Season 3

c0ldfuse fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 7, 2016

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

I could have accepted that as a series finale.

Actually going into this season's finale I was kind of bitter that this would be last week of new episodes for some time. After that ep though I'm totally satisfied and will enjoy the wait.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

MrSlam posted:

One thing I'm kind of bitter about is the scheduling. Instead of advertising it as two new episodes of Bobs Burgers or making it a two part season finale, they just aired the regular new episode, aired an episode of Family Guy, and snuck the season finale in right after so they wouldn't have to devote next week's schedule to it.

I know the audience mostly rents Bobs Burgers as opposed to watching the premiere but give Boo Boo a little dignity.

You mean give Boo Boo a little dinghy.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Rewatching this season's eps and it's definitely overall the best of the series.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

The show has a loyal,but small fanbase. They know it will follow the show so they keep trying other shows , but those shows can't get to gain an audience.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fox-2015-16-season-ratings-38075/

It was hit pretty hard last year ratings wise, at least when they renewed for the two more seasons it was in the 3+ mil viewership area.

That said, my bet is the long term payment on digital streaming platforms is the easy money keeping this show moving. They can sell those seasons for a long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Only two days!

• Locked thread