Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Problem description: Couple days ago aforementioned controller started occasionally disconnecting, and soon escalated into seconds until disconnect.

Attempted fixes: Installed another InputMapper to filter out DS4 Tool, and connected by itself

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?

Not for a long time in general, nor for this problem.

Operating system: Windows 7 Premium, 64-bit

System specs: I don't believe these are particularly relevant after some precursory Googling - read below.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, and it appears to be hardware- - either the controller or micro USB cable. One result suggests simple wear on cable or controller component. If it can be reliably confirmed with other means than buying a new cable or controller, method would be helpful to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Try a different USB cable and hope for the best. There's not really a way to tell for sure unless you have a multi-meter handy and want to check pins on both ends of the cable for continuity while you wiggle it, which seems like a waste of time for a couple dollar cable.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I might have just solved it - very finicky positioning, port has wiggle room which seems to be just be wear. Some tape could be a literal bandaid, as long as that can be secured. Thanks for the technical aspects to test out faulty components though.

• Locked thread