Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
even the new episodes have a ton of funny jokes. it's still a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
lol ok

<block, ignore>

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
no it's not

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i even gave that one an apostrophe you're welcome

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I agree

you know this reminds me of the time OP posted about when he thought family guy was still a good show...

Black Baby Goku posted:

goooooooood times.

*jj walker bursts through the door*
DY-NO-MIIIIIIIIITE!!!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
No it isn't. It was never funny.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
something can't still be a thing if it never was that thing, op

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Family guy is not noticeably worse than current South Park or the latest season of the Simpsons.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I agree.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i'll admit it gives me a chuckle every now and again, especially if i'm feeling particularly devilish.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
America deserved 9/11

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Modern Family Guy is cool because since it's basically unkillable they just go hog wild with trolling the audience and seeing how much they can get away with, like the episode where they pull a Moral Orel and so an episode about taking an abusive husband in the woods to murder him. Or when they killed Brian just to bring him back a few episodes later.

Way better than South Park, whose creators stopped writing for it years ago and continues to lazily and inoffensively make the same episode over and over on par with modern Simpsons.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if family guy just devolves into incest: the show then i'd be back on board

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
I prefer my cartoon comedies a little more cerebral, OP. Ever heard of a little show called Rick and Morty?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Pulp Can Move posted:

I prefer my cartoon comedies a little more cerebral, OP. Ever heard of a little show called Rick and Morty?

the bttf one was the only good one

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this thread is worse than that one time I accidentally rubbed Shaquille O'Neal's head

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Excelzior posted:

this thread is worse than that one time I accidentally rubbed Shaquille O'Neal's head

this thread fell apart faster than a leper in a wind tunnel

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

TwoFire posted:

the bttf one was the only good one

There can't be just "one good" Rick and Morty episode. They make the same three episodes over and over again with different aliens, so if you admit that one is good, at least a third of them must be good.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I feel that way about American Dad though instead of Family Guy. Even the old episodes hold up very well. It's on netflix now. Maybe I'll watch a few episodes.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Pulp Can Move posted:

There can't be just "one good" Rick and Morty episode. They make the same three episodes over and over again with different aliens, so if you admit that one is good, at least a third of them must be good.

thats the only one I watched or ever will watch (I was pretty drunk) but I remember it being funny so not going to ruin that by pretending I give a gently caress about anything retarded enough to be on comedy central post 2003.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

chaosbreather posted:

if family guy just devolves into incest: the show then i'd be back on board

what if the people who write for it are possibly inbred?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Al Borland posted:

squidbillies could never get that loving bad

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaGH-DZO6E

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Family guy is not noticeably worse than current South Park or the latest season of the Simpsons.

I dunno, I watched Simpsons for the first time in years tonight and it was amazingly terrible.

BIG GODDAMN SPOILERS: The Homer & Marge divorce thing was a sham, what a shocker.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
It went through a bit of a lull, but the last season is a noticeable improvement over some of the prior ones.

tetsuo posted:

I feel that way about American Dad though instead of Family Guy. Even the old episodes hold up very well. It's on netflix now. Maybe I'll watch a few episodes.

American Dad is a far better show than Family Guy.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

everything seth macfarlane touches is FUCKIGN poo poo. He's such a redditor

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

tetsuo posted:

I wish I originally watched American Dad over Family Guy. It seems like the characters are much more enjoyable there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Harald posted:

America deserved 9/11
seth macfarlene deserved to make his flight on time so that he died in 9/11

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sleeveless posted:

Way better than South Park, whose creators stopped writing for it years ago and continues to lazily and inoffensively make the same episode over and over on par with modern Simpsons.

It's fine if you don't like South Park and all, but are you just randomly making poo poo up?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Once in a while there's a Family Guy episode where it seems like they kind of gave a poo poo and its decent, but most of the time its garbage that happens to have a handful of funny jokes.

For the record, the last few seasons of South Park have seen a significant improvement.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Black Baby Goku posted:

yea :agreed:. but the general goonsensus is family guy is good+funny so its like making a thread that water is wet

maybe something like Simpsons is still funny may get teh gormless goons panties in a twist, cause it's true & good show and that makes them v mad

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol greased up deaf guy

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
CAn't say I've seen it, but I'll take OP at his word since he was right about other things, like that one mod being a sex criminal.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
new family guy and old family guy are like night and day and i say that seth macfarlane should get back on the cocaine

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Didn't he try to deliberately sabotage the show with stupid things like that cut away to some country singer?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Wicker Man posted:

Didn't he try to deliberately sabotage the show with stupid things like that cut away to some country singer?

Long segments of Conway Twitty are comedy gold, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
nah

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
the show is much better now that Cleveland is back. he provides a nice foil to the dramaturgical triad of Pete, Joe, and the Q-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Al Borland posted:

inbreeding is boring and depressing

incest is fun and cool

• Locked thread