Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

people that been posting about when wk10 tix go on sale https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/655525280811872256

Thanks buddy, bought a ticket - now to sort out accommodation/flights and figure out what I'm gonna do in a foreign country with absolutely no knowledge of the language - it's gonna be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks buddy, bought a ticket - now to sort out accommodation/flights and figure out what I'm gonna do in a foreign country with absolutely no knowledge of the language - it's gonna be fun!

The initial shock of having to figure out new subway/train lines is the hardest part of getting around tokyo without speaking japanese but it's a fairly easy city to navigate as an english speaker. I had a friend go recently and she said it was fine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

The initial shock of having to figure out new subway/train lines is the hardest part of getting around tokyo without speaking japanese but it's a fairly easy city to navigate as an english speaker. I had a friend go recently and she said it was fine

I'm really looking forward to it, I always wanted to go and I've known plenty of people who say the same, that it's surprisingly easy to get around. Also I get to see Okada finally beat Tanahashi at the Dome! :woop:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Damnit, I missed my shot at an Area A ticket! I had it queud up and everything but poo poo happened and when I refreshed they were sold out. Oh well, I don't get paid for 3 more days and I would have been eating nothing but noodles if I'd spent 20500 on that ticket anyway.

How good are the Area B tickets? I don't really know what the Tokyo Dome's layout is.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RacistGuidingLight posted:

So in context he's been there for his entire adult life

I guess, if your adult life starts when you're 31 :shrug:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I guess, if your adult life starts when you're 31 :shrug:

About a decade anyway. Only Tiger Mask 3 gets to be called The New Guy after that long.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tokyo is super easy to get around as a foreigner, don't worry about that. Assuming I'm not going somewhere during New Years I'll probably go to the show this year, so if you make it over get in touch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there some kind of seating chart to view when purchasing tickets? It seems like you just select a section then put in your credit card, but you don't actually get to see where your seats will be.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The conversion rate is still incredibly favorable. You save nearly 40 bucks US on the highest tier of tickets which is awesome.

As for getting around Tokyo, as others have said, it's a really easy city to navigate and the people there are generally friendly/helpful towards tourists. My fiance and I are going in 2017 as she wants to go to a new years concert and I going to WK is on my pro wrestling bucket list.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
it's still my wish to find and do a psp-tv night of ishii versus cima/magnum/mocchy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

You guys talking about WK10 are making me very jealous :smith:

Anyway, there's been a couple more days of the Global League held with No real suprsises.

(results thanks to https://www.purolove.com)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 18, 2015

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
It literally hurts seeing everyone buying WK10 tickets rn haha :( Maybe I'll save up for the next one. It's the flights that put it completely out of reach rn, otherwise I prob could have done it.

Anyway I just got done watching NOAH Great Voyage In Osaka, can someone tell me why Taichi comes to ring looking like Gackt threw up all over him?

I'm getting 2004 flashbacks to my Visual Kei days rn

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Germ Incubator posted:

It literally hurts seeing everyone buying WK10 tickets rn haha :( Maybe I'll save up for the next one. It's the flights that put it completely out of reach rn, otherwise I prob could have done it.

This is what I'm going through right now, too. I was to just pull the trigger and do it, but it seems like such short notice. I've been throwing it around in my head as an idea that would be cool to do, but I've not actively planned any part of a trip to Japan. I think I might need to sit this one out as well and just actually plan something for next year so it doesn't feel like such a mad rush.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Japan G1 and Kobe World trip 2020 represent

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Phenix Rising posted:

This is what I'm going through right now, too. I was to just pull the trigger and do it, but it seems like such short notice. I've been throwing it around in my head as an idea that would be cool to do, but I've not actively planned any part of a trip to Japan. I think I might need to sit this one out as well and just actually plan something for next year so it doesn't feel like such a mad rush.

I looked up some flights and airBnb's just to see what the price range was, but tbh I would only have the time off and money to go over for 2 days or so. Might as well wait, save up, and then go properly for a week to get in some good sightseeing stuff as well.
It's the first thing going down on my new holiday form for sure.

How badly did I want to wear my Okada coat to the dome though....

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Germ Incubator posted:

I looked up some flights and airBnb's just to see what the price range was, but tbh I would only have the time off and money to go over for 2 days or so. Might as well wait, save up, and then go properly for a week to get in some good sightseeing stuff as well.

I have a move coming up soon, too, so if I'm gonna do some crazy trip to Japan I should really be saving for it for a while as well. Definitely want to spend a full week there and maybe two if I can swing it.

And this just gives you another full year to totally perfect your outfit, not that they don't already look totally badass.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Phenix Rising posted:

I have a move coming up soon, too, so if I'm gonna do some crazy trip to Japan I should really be saving for it for a while as well. Definitely want to spend a full week there and maybe two if I can swing it.

And this just gives you another full year to totally perfect your outfit, not that they don't already look totally badass.

Yeah there's tons of stuff I wanna do, always wanted to go to Japan. First stop, the Pokemon store obvs :P

This is true, I won't be sat up till 9am nearly crying in frustration trying to handsew glitter fabric at that point...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Germ Incubator posted:

Anyway I just got done watching NOAH Great Voyage In Osaka, can someone tell me why Taichi comes to ring looking like Gackt threw up all over him?

Taichi is Very Good whenever he's not actually doing the wrestling part of wrestling

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Germ Incubator posted:

Protip: I don't know if you fly much, but anytime you're in an airport stick close to the booking desk instead of a restaurant or bar. If you start hearing the desk say "We are looking for volunteers--" immediately rush the desk, because they're probably about to announce a free travel voucher if you get bumped for a later flight because they overbooked. I got $500 off a ticket that way once, and another time they gave me a "free round-trip ticket to anywhere we fly". It's especially common in major travel hub cities. If I hadn't had expiration dates on mine I'd totally go to a Dome show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germ Incubator posted:

because TAICHI is a jerk and everything he does is to increase his jerk quota. Also tell him to unblock me so I can yell at him some more.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Germ Incubator posted:

Yeah, there is no way I would have done this on the spur of the moment but after WK9 I figured I should start saving and hope I could get WK10 tickets when they became available. It's going to be an expensive trip, but I've saved up for it and I'm gonna get to spend a good week+ sightseeing in Japan, as opposed to rushing in for at best a couple of days and then flying straight back out again.

The only downside is that tickets became available relatively late in the year and too close to when they open up Wrestlemania tickets for sale, and I had kind of hoped to be able to do that next year too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Japan G1 and Kobe World trip 2020 represent

start saving now its gonna be a doozy yall

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rl9wWchPLU

Get hype for the best wrestling PPV of the year gents.

In regards to the NOAH Tournament are there any ways to watch it legally?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mountain Lightning posted:

In regards to the NOAH Tournament are there any ways to watch it legally?

Not unless you live in Japan and get NTV's paid satellite channel. Right now there's no way to watch it period. NOAH stuff usually takes a while to even get televised in Japan, and once that occurs RealHero has to get his hands on it and find the time to upload it. Once its finally up you can certainly enjoy it for free with a clear conscience though, it's not like NJPW where there's a cheap and convenient legal way to get it.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 19, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its a shame Japan has insane piracy laws and actually enforces them because I'd love to setup a capping PC and redistribute Japanese wrestling to the world.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Thauros posted:

Not unless you live in Japan and get NTV's paid satellite channel. Right now there's no way to watch it period. NOAH stuff usually takes a while to even get televised in Japan, and once that occurs RealHero has to get his hands on it and find the time to upload it. Once that occurs you can certainly enjoy it for free with a clear conscience though, it's not like NJPW where there's a cheap and convenient legal way to get it.

poo poo that sucks. Oh well though. NOAH and NJPW should partner up and distribute their shows on NJPW World and just rebrand it to PURO WORLD!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mountain Lightning posted:

poo poo that sucks. Oh well though. NOAH and NJPW should partner up and distribute their shows on NJPW World and just rebrand it to PURO WORLD!

That's probably not going to happen due to how the Japanese television industry works. Unlike in the States the Networks retain rights to the libraries instead of being held by the promotions themselves. NJPW is on TV Asahi and NJPW World is a joint production between the two companies. NOAH is on NTV.

That Suzuki-gun show a few months ago was basically a way to get around that and have a NOAH show on NJPW World. Hopefully we see more stuff like that in the future.

This will probably predictably end with Marufuiji finally beating MiSu to save the company, but part of me wonders if this might actually be the one time the invader heel actually accomplishes his objective.

If NOAH folds they could give NJPW a badly needed infusion of new native talent and restructure a new promotion as a direct satellite instead of whatever the hell the murky relationship is now.

Of course, NJPW's poor track record of pushing outside talent comes up on basically every page now.....

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 19, 2015

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I really hope NJPW figures out something soon with their top level talent. I know Naito's first big push after winning that G1 ended badly but he is so god drat great now. Shibata is doing nothing but putting on great matches and the fact that they just haven't given him an IC title run is criminal at this point.

Goto is great, poor Kota moved up to HW only to do nothing. I hope Honma wins the Never title just so someone new gets to have the belt for a while. I was super disappointed that Naito didn't win the case at King of Pro Wrestling.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

sticklefifer posted:

Protip: I don't know if you fly much, but anytime you're in an airport stick close to the booking desk instead of a restaurant or bar. If you start hearing the desk say "We are looking for volunteers--" immediately rush the desk, because they're probably about to announce a free travel voucher if you get bumped for a later flight because they overbooked. I got $500 off a ticket that way once, and another time they gave me a "free round-trip ticket to anywhere we fly". It's especially common in major travel hub cities. If I hadn't had expiration dates on mine I'd totally go to a Dome show.

I barely fly if I can help it, but thanks for the tip! I'll stick to train and coach and staying inside the UK for now, so I can save up my money and courage for that 13 odd hour trip to Japan in a couple of years!

coconono posted:

because TAICHI is a jerk and everything he does is to increase his jerk quota. Also tell him to unblock me so I can yell at him some more.

I enjoy his jerkiness, I just wondered if there was any particular reason he went with 'OTT Visual Kei'.

I got some cheap NJPW blu ray's for WK7,8 + 9, they also do NOAH and other JPN stuff, dunno if I can share the website so I'll just say it rhymes with Hudo Heels.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gackt

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

thats the sound I make whenever i have to watch a Taichi match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BxB Hulk used to do that kind of stuff about 10 years ago.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I thought you were English, not Brazilian or Portuguese :confused:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

god bxb hulk is just the worst

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

epitasis posted:

god bxb hulk is just the worst

He is good at kicks and wrestles.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Our champion Minoru Suzuki versus Mio Shirai on her retirement tour just made DM.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a8tvu_minoru-suzuki-vs-mio-shirai-in-wave-on-august-9th-2015_sport

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 20, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thauros posted:

Our champion Minoru Suzuki versus Mio Shirai on her retirement tour just made DM.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a8tvu_minoru-suzuki-vs-mio-shirai-in-wave-on-august-9th-2015_sport

posting midmatch because holy poo poo these commentators do not stop talking

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
now im posting post-match. how does suzuki keep doing it? from comedy to serious, he's always good now that the ytr feud is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=236&start=75

RealHero uploaded the 10/17 GL show on Veoh.

Def want to see the Suzuki match and Tanaka vs. Suguira .

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread