Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

RideTheSpiral posted:

i find it easy to quit but difficult to stay quit. imo you need a strong outside motivation like children or watching to be healthy for a significant other

p hard to quit smoking as a single, fatalistic, depressed fat goon nerd

Ay it's hard to do but it's doable.

Tell you what chap, as a fellow single, depressed goon nerd (i aint fat but w/e I sympathize yo) I'll quit with ya.

There, I'm quitted now. I ain't gonna pick up another smokerino ever again.

Maybe.

I dunno I'm having second thoughts about this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Thump! posted:

Tell you what chap, as a fellow single, depressed goon nerd (i aint fat but w/e I sympathize yo) I'll quit with ya.

Maybe.

rock on brutha

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

Maybe.

Can't quit now, you're five minutes in.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Long time smoker, first time caller.

Spend money on a good battery thing for an e-cig. Sure, you are vaporizing some clear liquid from china, but probably better than vaporizing dried and crumbled plants from some other part of china. Seriously, its not worse. Think of it as a lateral move for the time being.

Buy a good battery, and a good tank. Spend nearly 100 bucks if you can.

Then don't worry about quitting smoking, just hit that poo poo when you want a fag. In less than a few weeks, cigs will be gross and non fulfilling. Then just work on trying to titrate down the nicotine concentration, your life will improve. Try not to substitute food for your problems.

loving around with those pen style ecigs is a waste of everyone's time.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
imi quitting smoking today too against my will

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Can't quit now, you're five minutes in.

The only reason I'm not outside smoking is because it's goddamn Katrina 2: Watery Boogaloo right now.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

OP the key is to understand that you are of two minds on smoking and the one that desires nicotine is the lesser mind - really, just a creature that wants immediate satisfaction no matter what the cost - and only has control over you so long as you do not recognize it, in your higher rational mind, as the little poo poo that it is, hth

e-cigs might gently caress up your ears btw. propylene glycol is ototoxic (toxic to the cochlear and auditory nerve) and there have been multiple reports of people experiencing tinnitus and hearing loss after using them

http://www.hearingreview.com/2015/07/can-e-cigarettes-cause-hearing-loss/

i say 'might' because it's anecdotal and hasn't really been investigated yet though

chippy fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Oct 2, 2015

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Enjoy your formaldehyde vapetards

Anais Nun
Apr 21, 2010
Tobacco companies are among some of the worst assholes on the planet. It's fun to deprive them of money and cancer patients.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Tobacco companies are real, and strong, and my friend.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I quit about a month ago, it sucks. Haven't had a smoke since I quit even though its been a super stressful month, so I think I got this. Cold turkey only way to go.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Charles Bukowski posted:

I quit about a month ago, it sucks. Haven't had a smoke since I quit even though its been a super stressful month, so I think I got this. Cold turkey only way to go.

good poo poo my man. im at 12 days and feel like rear end but dont want to smoke really at all

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

RideTheSpiral posted:

look im sorry but your behaviour is antagonistic. consider yourself referenced negatively in my cravings journal

you're just cranky

bling bling bilal
Sep 30, 2013

Basic Poster posted:

Long time smoker, first time caller.

Spend money on a good battery thing for an e-cig. Sure, you are vaporizing some clear liquid from china, but probably better than vaporizing dried and crumbled plants from some other part of china. Seriously, its not worse. Think of it as a lateral move for the time being.

Buy a good battery, and a good tank. Spend nearly 100 bucks if you can.

Then don't worry about quitting smoking, just hit that poo poo when you want a fag. In less than a few weeks, cigs will be gross and non fulfilling. Then just work on trying to titrate down the nicotine concentration, your life will improve. Try not to substitute food for your problems.

loving around with those pen style ecigs is a waste of everyone's time.

gently caress thats spot on. I'm at that point where vapes are gross and unfulfilling. poo poo place to be...its like being forced off a cliff

Yudo
May 15, 2003

i quit with the aid of a bottle of xanax.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

here is what smoking loosk like it is very pleasurable and satisfying

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

coolsmoking gifs i found: ( NO VAPS)

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I googled somethingawful quit smoking and this thread was the top result.

Cold turkey for 8 days and I'm crying, click a strawpoll? Leave a nice comment for me? Please I can guarantee I'm in more pain than anyone who ever tried this in their whole lives, it's worse than Crucifixion (ironic statements but might as well accurately portray my current feelings)

I thought 3 days was bad, EIGHT DAYS IS WORSE!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10360966

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

just take wellbutrin it makes it so smoking isnt even worth it

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
smoke some weed everytime you want a cig.

EVERY time.

Aug 4, 2010

scott zoloft posted:

EVERY time.

good advice

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

RideTheSpiral posted:

im also addicted to alcohol

Impossible to quit cigs while drinking. I recommend subbing your vices. Drugs, gambling, prostitution are just some I can think of.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
hey hey hey hey smoke weed every day.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

scott zoloft posted:

EVERY time.

This

On weed makes cigs feel terrible too. Like you are smoking Death

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

bef posted:

This

On weed makes cigs feel terrible too. Like you are smoking Death

Well yeah, that's why it's fun. Weed smoke makes you a PUSSY.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I find that picking up another hobby helps with distracting you from the smoking. Try heroine.

You got this. My grandfather kicked a life time habit of smoking by chewing spearmint gum when he had a craving. Not even nicotine gum. Also kept himself busy. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Broken Machine posted:

It is gross, but cigs can taste good if you get good tobacco that's on par with a good cigar or pipe tobacco. I quit years ago, but I always enjoyed smoking a cig while thinking about a problem; nicotine is a slight stimulant so it's good for that. Cigarettes after sex can be pretty great too.

i think u triggered me a little

time to take a few shots and hit the pot pipe, i just cant be getting those ideas about buying a pack for the nice weather rumbling thru my head u kno not now

• Locked thread