Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Foo, you're games are awesome. I'll try not to make a complete rear end of myself. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh... here's a fact. Uh, I'm... the Wiz! I'm the Wiz and noooobody beats me!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

gray or white?

Does it matter?

This isn't Lord of the Rings mafia, he's in the wrong game!

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

opportunist! trap sprung ##vote tmmadman

How could you? Is crying allowed?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

Confirming and immediately going to sleep cause I stayed up until 6 goddamn in the morning bashing my face against undertale

Man, look at how this guy excuses himself from the game in his confirmation post!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hermetic posted:

It's a Gauntlet of Chastity Defense. :smug:

:iceburn:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biaga posted:

I know right!? I also eating a burrito so I have +5 magic resistance to tempting recipes, although they do sound pretty good.

Biaga is going to be casting Gas Cloud later.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM if you were a scum roleblocker ninja cop reverse death miller, what action would you take on who and why?

I would role block you because another scum could do the killing. I don't need to cop anyone because I'm scum. And isn't a reverse death miller just a regular godfather?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

This is an opportunistic vote.

##vote Kash

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

pot, kettle

Except I was already on Kash.

His vote for Biaga is garbage.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

No lynching is giving the scum team a free day. Advocating a no lynch is scummy as hell.

No it isn't. Taste does it all the time and you don't call him scummy on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

How is a no-lynch on d1 anything but giving scum a head start? I'm genuinely curious to hear your reasoning.

I'm not saying no lynching is good, I'm saying that asking about no lynching, especially for a newbie, is not scummy as hell like Kash is trying portray.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I'm not saying no lynching is good, I'm saying that asking about no lynching, especially for a newbie, is not scummy as hell like Kash is trying portray.

Mafia edit - Like SSV is trying to portray. Not Kash. Kash's vote is bad for a different reason.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

You seem to be in a real hurry to get hammered, Biaga.

More like people seem to be in a real hurry to jump on a new guy for what basically amounts to awkwardness.

He's got one thing right, Kash is scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hermetic posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna feel dumb as gently caress if he's got a useful power and we make him do a mid-air jig. That said, he's the closest thing to a viable option. I'm in the same boat as you: There are a few people that feel off to me, but all I have is gut right now, and I'd rather not just throw around a bunch of "U FEEL LIEK SKUM 2 ME" accusations. That seems useless at best, scummy at worst.

There's still almost 2 days left before the deadline. Saying that Biaga is the closest thing to a viable option is a little premature.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like those last two posts by Gabriel. All he does is essentially call out two people for hedging, but doesn't make any alignment calls.

My gut says Kash and Gabriel are working together.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's because in all the hedging that Pope has done so far, he makes a post that calls you town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man I thought the deadline was today in like 4 hours and I was wondering why the thread was so quiet. But then I checked and saw the deadline is tomorrow, so we've got plenty of time.

I still think Kash and Pope are probably scum. SSV might also be scum, but I'll have to reread him. Kumba is almost certainly town and if he's playing that active scum routine then I'll hate him forever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM I want you to imagine the face in my avatar every single time you accuse me of being scum in all games in the future because you're always wrong

Your new avatar only makes me suspect you more!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Hello pals. I will catch up, but if anybody wants to condense some things we're looking at that would be swell too.

I think the biggest issues facing you are these:

1. Do you think Biaga is being an awkward newbie or an awkward scum? Lots of people think scum, a couple people (including me) just see new guy.

2. What do you think about Hermetic? I believe he is another new guy and the same questions apply to him. I am pretty neutral on him right now

3. Gabriel Pope is also getting looked at a bit now because he is hedging a bit.

About the only solid town read I've got is Kumba because he is posting a lot and it's pretty sincere.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, as always I think Kash is scum. This game it's because he was opportunistic on the Biaga vote and continued to push what I believe is a bad case.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

There is something about this post that is rubbing me the wrong way but I am having a difficult time articulating it.

I think it's a pretty fair accounting of the thread so far and points out the main suspects, aside from Kash. If it's just because it's a sum up type response, well I almost always get dinged for those whenever someone replaces.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

This is a little stupid but the thing that's pinging me the most is your "solid" town read on me. You seem too sure of my alignment given what has transpired thus far, though to be fair I don't know you well enough to know if you tend to make hard calls early

Well, I admit that a lot of my town read is because you are posting quite a lot and I usually take that as a town sign. Plus, I've liked your content and it has all seemed sincere, so I'm pretty comfortable thinking you're town right now. I think you were wrong about Biaga, but you've explained your thoughts and reasons well.

Of course, you could be scum just posting a lot as cover and as I said, if that's the case I'll hate you forever. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

The only thing I can see that could make one's spider sense tingle is that the summary is explicitly just TMM's views, and could be used as a way to nudge any newly entering player's thoughts by getting the first word in. Setting the stage, so to speak.

If someone asks for a sum up of the thread, it's always going to be from my point of view although I try to keep it pretty neutral.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Hermetic

Feeling good about this.

I want to re-read Kash since people have spoke on him a bit - what's opportunistic about it? It's a weak vote, but it was an early vote and he admittedly said it was something small. I don't agree with it at all since Biaga reads fine to me, but Kash's vote doesn't really stick out to me one way or another.

Well, part of the problem now is that Kash unvoted earlier and then still ended up going back to Biaga. So I'm not sure what's up with him.

I am starting to agree that Hermetic might be scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I didn't unvote. A broken quote caused me to vote myself

Oh my bad, I thought you did an unvote when you said you were going to read Hermetic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, you people like to go crazy in the morning before I wake up.

##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd really like to see Biaga come in and give us some thoughts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a bit intrigued by Hermetic because his frustration reads as genuine but he's also being a bit over the top and dramatic imo. The self hammer thing is also interesting to me because I've only threatened to self hammer when I've been town. I would still probably vote him but not until closer to the deadline and I think I'd rather vote someone else right now.

I'm cooling a bit on Kash, but still think he's scum and would vote him. I also don't like how Kash excuses SSV for being bad at D1. His recent posts have been better but I still have a healthy suspicion of him.

Speaking of SSV, I'd also vote him for excusing himself from the game and lurking. In my opinion, the only way to get better at D1 is to dive in and take your lumps. Saying 'I'm no good at D1' is just a way to avoid having to state any real opinions.

I'd still consider voting for Pope as well because he's been hedging a bit. I'm not sure what to think of CC because I can sort of see the case Kash is bringing, but it's hard for me to jump on it because I'm suspicious of Kash. I'd still vote it to avoid the no lynch.

This has been a pretty messy D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

FTFY

(no but seriously in terms of D1s this has been a good and effortful one so all you new people should stick around :toot:)

Oh I agree. I was actually going to write: This has been a pretty messy D1, but we should get good information regardless of who we lynch. However, I didn't want to sound like I didn't care about who we lynch because I want to lynch scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

I'll take a messy d1 over a low-effort/boring d1 any day.

Would vote: hermetic (for reasons stated earlier), ssv (lurking and lazy me-too voting), maybe gabriel pope but I feel better about him now.

I don't like this post at all, it seems like a completely overstated and unnecessary clarification to reassure us that you're totally town for sure bros :shrug:

Fair enough, but I think you're jumping at ghosts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hermetic posted:

That's a whole lot of analysis of me having a "eh, I was busy at work and half-paying attention" day.

Call it defeatist, but I'm basically resigned to a lynch at this point. Go nuts on discussion, but I'm checked out.

This isn't a very good attitude. I've seen lynches that looked like sure things suddenly swerve with an hour left before deadline. To quote The Untouchables, "never stop fighting till the fight is done." This is especially true if you are town because your continued discussion could lead us to actual scum, even if we mislynch you today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
God drat it. If you're town take the vote of yourself Hermetic. It does not help town at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, that early hammer was scummy as gently caress.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

:stare: I doubt that the scum have two nightkills in a 13 player game, so what are we thinking? Serial killer or town role?

If it's a small 2 person scum team, they could get each get a NK in a 13 player game. Asiina ran an 11 (or maybe 13) player game with that kind of set up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

He voted himself. He had gone from condescending to just insufferable with his "EVERYTHING I DO IS SCUMMY" post, and I was just over it. It would be a distraction for town throughout the coming days, and wasn't worth keeping him around.

I disagree. You don't know how he would have turned out on D2, after surviving pressure and with the results of the flips plus actions.

Your early hammer and defense of said hammer is still pretty scummy in my eyes and I would definitely vote for you today, but I am not going to start with it.

What I don't understand is why Hermetic just didn't claim. Tracker isn't so dangerous that it's automatically a NK and I'm assuming there is a doctor in the game since it's pretty standard.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And the award for the most useless post goes to...

Nth Doctor posted:

Okay D2, let's see what's what.

A stunning win for Nth Doctor. He's a Cinderella story and truly an inspiration to us all!

:v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think the only one below the line right now is SSV.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

I've never been in a game with a vig that actually acted before. Why would they claim? One-shot power makes them VT so it's no use for them to be killed off anymore?

A vig is generally seen as alignment neutral as long as the vig acts with good faith. For example, I though Kash was suspicious during D1, so if I had a vig and used it on Kash during N1 then nobody would really use the vig to judge my alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

Nope

Biaga, SSV, Tommunist, CC all fall below the line

(it's Foo + VoteFinder not just Foo)

Oops. I forgot it was Foo + votefinder. It doesn't help that Foo posts a bit more than some mods.

Although DBD replaced Tommunist, so you're wrong there! HAH!

• Locked thread