Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

If Trayvon had done one thing hed be alive today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JB50 posted:

A few have tried, none have succeeded.

Nobody can smite this crusader of the streets

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yo that actually is pretty vile behavior from zim zam

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yo that actually is pretty vile behavior from zim zam

His lovely life ended as soon as the national media picked up the story. Now he has a relatively better life as a lovely person.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Powercrazy posted:

His lovely life ended as soon as the national media picked up the story. Now he has a relatively better life as a lovely person.

his lovely life will end when he is killed

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tezzor posted:

Karma doesn't exist you whiny bitch. So what are you waiting for?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I think being killed counts as being flim-flammed.

And i have it on good authority that the zim zam cannot be flim-flammed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tezzor posted:

Lol u mad

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im going to flim flam him

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

im going to flim flam him

Im pretty sure you cant.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Powercrazy posted:

I don't remember this. Then again I stopped following the dnd thread when they were trying to make zimmerman a scape goat for all race-relations past and future.

Yeah. Zimmerman started following him through the neighborhood, because he was a suspicious looking black youth. Martin made it to his destination, told his girlfriend about the guy who tailed him like he was some kind of criminal(!). She told him to go kick his rear end, presumably to prove Zimmerman right (?)

So, he went out and assaulted an armed man, in the middle of the night, and got shot.

It's weird how you never heard about this. Wasn't the news media who spent months talking about this invested in getting the actual facts out to the public?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Powercrazy posted:

Karma doesn't exist you whiny bitch. So what are you waiting for?

the arc of the universe is long but it bends towards a george zimmerman curb party

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ork of Fiction posted:

Yeah. Zimmerman started following him through the neighborhood, because he was a suspicious looking black youth. Martin made it to his destination, told his girlfriend about the guy who tailed him like he was some kind of criminal(!). She told him to go kick his rear end, presumably to prove Zimmerman right (?)

So, he went out and assaulted an armed man, in the middle of the night, and got shot.

It's weird how you never heard about this. Wasn't the news media who spent months talking about this invested in getting the actual facts out to the public?

V. appropriate username.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Eh, always thought "can't corner the dorner" was better

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

you

can't

flim

flam

the

zim

zam

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm going to cut his head off

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

JB50 posted:

If Trayvon had done one thing hed be alive today:

how do you walk away from melanin

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
George Zimmerman owns

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

corpuscollossus posted:

If Zimmerman were around in the panthers heyday, he'd have been taken out by now. MKUltra took the edge out of counter culture movements.

that's one of the better nicknames I've heard for martin luther king

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tezzor posted:

the arc of the universe is long but it bends towards a george zimmerman curb party

Lol no he i going to die a peaceful death in his 60s from heart disease. Probably outliving you

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Can't touch a clit Elliot.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Guess its genetic.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

It seems you can moonwalk away from it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

tetsuo posted:

huh. usually i'm against vigilante mob justice but he makes a strong case for exceptions

Zimmerman is my edge case here. I fully believe in a justice system that errs on letting guilty people go free over innocent people being found guilty, and I strongly oppose vigilante mob justice particularly in cases where it's a fight that never went to courts or where the person was found innocent even if public opinion thinks they're guilty, but zimmerman is just so bad and now has a several year documented history of pulling out a gun after he starts an altercation with someone it's just so loving obvious that zimmer pulled a gun out to threaten martin while illegally detaining him and ended up discharged it during the scuffle.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Zimmerman is my edge case here. I fully believe in a justice system that errs on letting guilty people go free over innocent people being found guilty, and I strongly oppose vigilante mob justice particularly in cases where it's a fight that never went to courts or where the person was found innocent even if public opinion thinks they're guilty, but zimmerman is just so bad and now has a several year documented history of pulling out a gun after he starts an altercation with someone it's just so loving obvious that zimmer pulled a gun out to threaten martin while illegally detaining him and ended up discharged it during the scuffle.

Trayvon tried to flim flam, but instead got zim zammed. These are facts.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

Good thing noone cares what you think

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ork of Fiction posted:

There is literally no evidence that happened. Zimmer's story basically boils down to him being ambushed and pulling out the gun after the fact, which is how he got off on any charges because as the person on trial someone else would have to prove that didn't happen and between lack of witnesses and the police literally not investigating at all when they got to the original scene, there wasn't good enough evidence to convict him. As much as I hate it, I'm glad our justice system works that way because I'd rather that happen then someone who legitimately got ambushed and used lethal force in self defense being unable to prove that's what happened. However, since the martin incident we've had zimmer pull a gun out in nonviolent confrontations with his girlfriend and (iirc) strangers. If this is a consistent part of his behavior and he had initially pulled his gun on and threatened martin before they fought, which I suspect is true, he would have been convicted of murder because you're not actually allowed to do that. Martin attacking him would have been considered valid self defense.

Basically the only reason the trial played out the way it did is because martin was dead.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm glad this innocent man seems to have gotten over the trauma of the whole ordeal good for him.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mange Mite posted:

It seems you can moonwalk away from it

:eyepop:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

There is literally no evidence that happened. Zimmer's story basically boils down to him being ambushed and pulling out the gun after the fact, which is how he got off on any charges because as the person on trial someone else would have to prove that didn't happen and between lack of witnesses and the police literally not investigating at all when they got to the original scene, there wasn't good enough evidence to convict him. As much as I hate it, I'm glad our justice system works that way because I'd rather that happen then someone who legitimately got ambushed and used lethal force in self defense being unable to prove that's what happened. However, since the martin incident we've had zimmer pull a gun out in nonviolent confrontations with his girlfriend and (iirc) strangers. If this is a consistent part of his behavior and he had initially pulled his gun on and threatened martin before they fought, which I suspect is true, he would have been convicted of murder because you're not actually allowed to do that. Martin attacking him would have been considered valid self defense.

Basically the only reason the trial played out the way it did is because martin was dead.

So you reject the facts that came out of the trial and insert your own. Got it.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

...that even I can see vigilante mob justice is totally appropriate here

you have to add that last part in order for this post to not make you sound like a bitch-made human being

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

JB50 posted:

insert your own penis

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Haha, yeah. I'm just loving around and saying it in the most incriminating way possible. But, according to the girl who Martin was talking to on the phone, Martin noticed Zimmerman following him and went to confront the man, at which point, there was an altercation. Zimmy's history shows he's the one more likely to take it to blows, but Trayvon could have just gone home and it wouldn't have meant poo poo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

JB50 posted:

There weren't facts that came out in the trial, he wasn't ruled innocent he was ruled not guilty due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict him on the charges he faced because he literally killed the only other witness to the event. I'm saying that yes, in light of him picking fights with people and pulling a gun on them since the incident, it seems likely on retrospect that's exactly what he did with martin.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
gotta say im enjoying the atmosphere of impotent fuming itt

especially since most of the people doing it are too pussy/self-righteous to even discuss vigilante justice

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

There weren't facts that came out in the trial, he wasn't ruled innocent he was ruled not guilty due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict him on the charges he faced because he literally killed the only other witness to the event. I'm saying that yes, in light of him picking fights with people and pulling a gun on them since the incident, it seems likely on retrospect that's exactly what he did with martin.

Actually there was a witness that saw Trayvon smashing Zimms head into the sidewalk. Seems you didnt follow the trial very well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

self defense laws are loving garbage

anyway this case was a resounding victory for the patriarchy and racists everywhere

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ork of Fiction posted:

Haha, yeah. I'm just loving around and saying it in the most incriminating way possible. But, according to the girl who Martin was talking to on the phone, Martin noticed Zimmerman following him and went to confront the man, at which point, there was an altercation. Zimmy's history shows he's the one more likely to take it to blows, but Trayvon could have just gone home and it wouldn't have meant poo poo.

Yeah that's not unreasonable, I would say it's kind of in bad taste to point out things a victim did wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I wish we could rehash the trial in detail

• Locked thread