Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Since the OP is locked for achieving.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...o-Continue.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Great OP, much like the game. :thumbsup:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
They redid their website a week ago or so. Lots of more info, a few new screenshots showing inventory and such.

http://pantheonmmo.com/

No new gameplay video yet.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

xZAOx posted:

They redid their website a week ago or so. Lots of more info, a few new screenshots showing inventory and such.

http://pantheonmmo.com/

No new gameplay video yet.

Well that was a big change.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi I'm on my phone and don't want to click on a link right now, what's Pantheon.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hi I'm on my phone and don't want to click on a link right now, what's Pantheon.

Vanguard 2

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Uziduke posted:

Vanguard 2

What's Vanguard and why do I want another of it?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Brad McQuaid's cocaine fund.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pantheon gonna get made and EQNext is in the shitter :vince:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Bieeardo posted:

pretty much this.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really liked Vanguard in all its terrible, horrible glory. If this game promises to be twice I bad, I'm in.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

This won't amount to anything and Brad will blow through all the VC money in no time on things like intricately modelled mouth interiors.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
WHAT THE gently caress This was supposed to be my thread.

Pantheon is BACK baby!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Never had a doubt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
This game is going to be better, and actually be released, unlike Everquest Next. Check it.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Bieeardo posted:

Excuse me, I know we have our issues with Brad but can we NOT poo poo out this kind of libel?

It's his OxyContin fund.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
http://pantheonmmo.com/news/latest_news/

quote:

Visionary Realms Aqcuires Seed Funding, Completes Prototype for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Carlsbad, CA - September 28, 2015 - Visionary Realms — a startup studio from globally renowned designer, Brad McQuaid — announced today that it has received the seed funding required to bring their first MMO game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, through prototype and into alpha.

The funding came from an angel investor and has allowed Visionary Realms to expand its team, build a prototype of the game, and launch two new websites to showcase both the company and the game. Additionally the funding has granted the studio enough resources to bring the game into an alpha phase, where external players will get a chance to test it and provide early feedback.

“This has been a game changer for us,” stated Chief Creative Officer, Brad McQuaid. “We’ve been able to fill in some key roles, from artists to programmers and designers. This in turn has allowed us to complete the last pieces of the prototype and we are now preparing the game for alpha. Now is when things start to get really fun — we have a playable game we can soon start to show. We can’t wait to start bringing in players to get their thoughts.”

Visionary Realms aims to begin Pantheon’s alpha phase by the end of the year, ultimately targeting a 2017 release.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/28/everquest-creator-raises-seed-round-to-build-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/

quote:

“It’s more than a prototype, with 10 full playable levels,” said McQuaid. “It’s a significant milestone. We still have a small world, but it’s fun to play in. We’ll make it a bigger world over time.”

They've already surpassed my expectations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

xZAOx posted:

They've already surpassed my expectations.

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

can i buy the super legendary hero deluxe collectors edition yet

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

a real jerk posted:

All of those adjectives are inherent to the game, friend.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

a real jerk posted:

You receive it for free by posting in this thread.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Glad to see Pantheon is becoming more of a thing. Nazi Germany was a thing. So is AIDS.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Surely this MMO will save the genre

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
chalk up another game coming out before star citizen :smugbert:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Blazing Zero posted:

:iceburn:

The Olmec Religion has a better chance of coming back before Star Citizen is a thing.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

:lol:

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

a real jerk posted:

Sure, just put quadruple the amount of prescriptions in your desk for Brad.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I want to know who those investors were so I can laugh at them.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A archai cleric will happen. Why can't Brad's addiction be cocaine, I would support that 100%

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Either he makes a fun, playable game, or we get to watch him crash and burn and swallow and snort himself right into irrelevancy. Again. How can we lose?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

WayAbvPar posted:

Either he makes a fun, playable game, or we get to watch him crash and burn and swallow and snort himself right into irrelevancy. Again. How can we lose?

Sounds fun, but the 100 dollar plegg, you can blame AA for that not happening ever again.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
McQuaid must have found more free Unity art assets. This is exciting news!

Edit: I also now have two Pantheon threads bookmarked. :barf:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

WayAbvPar posted:

We all know one of those isn't an actual possibility.

Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006
My hope is that we get an end of life vanguard or an original EQ with shiny new graphics. Either and I'll be happy as a clam.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Zach the Drifter posted:

My hope is that we get an end of life vanguard or an original EQ with shiny new graphics. Either and I'll be happy as a clam.

We're going to. Grand Maester McQuaid has bluntly said Pantheon is for a niche audience. And it'll change our worlds forever.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zach the Drifter posted:

Look at the few sparse screenshots with some UI and read some of the stuff on the website (stuff on the left side here: http://pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/. While you can at least see some definite VG/EQ type stuff, and overall the fact that they're making a group-based MMO, and a lot less themepark style. They're planning on a doing a lot of new mechanics too that weren't in VG/EQ, but still add to that "immersive world" feel instead of a "quest hub to quest hub +2 gooder sword" feel.

You know, provided the entire game doesn't go up Brad's nose.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Is the game still being developed by insane fundamentalist christians (ignoring Brad)?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

megalodong posted:

Is the game still being developed by insane fundamentalist christians (ignoring Brad)?

The jesusmmog people aren't there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I hope Brad "Aradune" Mcquaid shows up in this thread and attempts to build hype while trying to dodge questions about his dodgy game development record and rumors of painkiller addiction, again

• Locked thread