Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For those that haven't played Dying Light, the movement system is more or less first person Assassins Creed.

But with more dropkicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

macnbc posted:

All I get when I link there is a making-of video on Youtube.

Try this instead:

http://eaglevisionlondon.com/#/map/3d

I was phone posting earlier and may have hacked the url to bits by accident.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Try this instead:

http://eaglevisionlondon.com/#/map/3d

I was phone posting earlier and may have hacked the url to bits by accident.

Nope. It might be a block because I'm in the US.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm getting the same thing and I'm in Germany.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

macnbc posted:

Nope. It might be a block because I'm in the US.

It doesn't seem to work in Germany either.

Edit: Welp I guess I have clarifiaction about that part.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Well that's weird. I followed the link from this eurogamer story, maybe you'll have better luck that way?

Incidentally, the pre-load seems to be live, certainly on PSN, as my PS4 just downloaded it.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So GMG sent me a 35% off voucher because who knows. Grabbed a preorder for $39 because I'm a shameless consumer whore who leans loving nothing

I am literally what's wrong with gaming. I'm also one of those crazy idiots who loved Unity, though, so how bad could this game be?

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 16, 2015

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Daily Forecast posted:

how bad could this game be?

Quoting for posterity. Just in case.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

macnbc posted:

Quoting for posterity. Just in case.

Should go in the OP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even considering 3 and Unity, you know most of what you're getting with an AC game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this can't possibly be as bad as Unity. I might be setting the bar impossibly high though!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this can't possibly be as bad as Unity. I might be setting the bar impossibly high though!

this, unity felt like 1 but with more glitchs. both games have boring stories that try to hard to be philosophical and get their heads jammed up there asses. both have boring main characters and no fun side quests. both under-use the time period they are placed in. both do assassination missions pretty well overall, but thats about it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hakkesshu posted:

It'll be better than Arkham Knight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

If there is a game that can beat Arkham Knight it would be this one.

Probably not though, I feel like they have to at least be aware that doing that sort of release two years in a row isn't something their franchise can recover from. Even if it's not a great game I expect it to be at least playable.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

If there is a game that can beat Arkham Knight it would be this one.

Probably not though, I feel like they have to at least be aware that doing that sort of release two years in a row isn't something their franchise can recover from. Even if it's not a great game I expect it to be at least playable.

It'll be hard to be worse than a game that shouldn't have been offered for sale when it was.

What are we on for the PC version now? 4 months and counting where the game isn't stable enough for sale?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

to be fair, most games, AAA or other wise, will probaly be better. but i agree. depending on how they do the combat controls this time, it could be.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Wellll...Ubisoft seems to have more faith in it at least....the review copies are going out now and the review embargo lifts the day before (!!!) the console version release.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think that might be standard practice now 'cause they caught a lot of poo poo last year when they delayed the embargo of I wanna say Far Cry 4 to like 12 hours after the game was out. It might've been Unity now that I think about it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I think it'll be just fine, but all the reviews will say stuff like "same old AC gameplay, needs to reinvent itself" and knock at least one mark off the score because Unity made a lot of them look stupid.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yes, I'm sure that people who will say the game that we haven't played yet isn't good will be actually wrong because...:rolleyes:

In the same hyperbolic vein I can't wait for the fanatic OP to praise everything like it's the best AC ever.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 17, 2015

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I just want Assassins Creed: Bloodline, all about the War of the Roses. Then we can have both assassins and Templars double crossing each other and bring s bunch of scumbags.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Palpek posted:

it's the best AC ever.

Added to the OP, thanks.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

I just want Assassins Creed: Bloodline, all about the War of the Roses. Then we can have both assassins and Templars double crossing each other and bring s bunch of scumbags.

That would be pretty sweet, the scope for backstabbing would be huge. You could even have rival branches of Templars and Assassins fighting amongst themselves and each other.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Palpek posted:

In the same hyperbolic vein I can't wait for the fanatic OP to praise everything like it's the best AC ever.

Ditto. The long running schadenfreude i feel as the fanboys of the series bend over backwards to try and spin praise for this long running tedium of a series is brilliant. Each game is always better than the last lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Kin posted:

Ditto. The long running schadenfreude i feel as the fanboys of the series bend over backwards to try and spin praise for this long running tedium of a series is brilliant. Each game is always better than the last lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

This happens in every thread on this subforum with almost every bad game that has ever launched.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I will probably buy and play this game, because, I have enjoyed the series as a whole despite fatigue and missteps along the way. I am, however, glad that the PC version is delayed by a bit so I can see some feedback first and avoid another Unity. And, that's my opinion on Assassin's Creed video games, and the upcoming release of Syndicate. Thanks for reading.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Added to the OP, thanks.
You actually did, thank.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Palpek posted:

You actually did, thank.

No one calls me a fanatic on an Internet comedy forum and gets away without being hilariously quoted out of context! :bahgawd:

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 17, 2015

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Hakkesshu posted:

I think that might be standard practice now 'cause they caught a lot of poo poo last year when they delayed the embargo of I wanna say Far Cry 4 to like 12 hours after the game was out. It might've been Unity now that I think about it.

It was Unity, they caught a lot of poo poo for it, then The Crew did the same thing a little while later, they caught a lot of poo poo for that too but it seemed to indicate they didn't really have cause to give a gently caress. Either their overworked PR managers threatened to blow their own brains out if Ubi didn't suck it up and send out review copies properly, or this one isn't nearly enough of a shitshow to go into lockdown and cross fingers for a recoup of losses.

It's probably a less hyperbolic version of the former :ssh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kin posted:

Yeah you're so much cooler for posting in all of them still anyway.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah you're so much cooler for posting in all of them still anyway.

I forgot that each thread was reserved for nothing but unabashed praise for a game. :fuckoff:

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
edit: WHOOPS looks like I don't understand SARCASM, my bad

So, anyone else notice how the city seems to have way less people than Unity? Probably a good thing, performance wise at least.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Moartoast posted:

It was Unity, they caught a lot of poo poo for it, then The Crew did the same thing a little while later, they caught a lot of poo poo for that too but it seemed to indicate they didn't really have cause to give a gently caress. Either their overworked PR managers threatened to blow their own brains out if Ubi didn't suck it up and send out review copies properly, or this one isn't nearly enough of a shitshow to go into lockdown and cross fingers for a recoup of losses.

It's probably a less hyperbolic version of the former :ssh:

well 2014 was a lovely year for ubisoft. All their games except for Far cry 4 and WW1 puzzle game were poorly received or glitchy as poo poo. to me Unity feels like the game they thought they could sell well by just the AC brand alone. So they basicaly tried to make assassins creed 1: 2.0. now they are trying to make assassins creed 2: 2.0. Now to me it seems to atleast have likable characters so thats a plus for me.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 17, 2015

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well 2014 was a lovely year for ubisoft. All their games except for Far cry 4 and WW1 puzzle game were poorly received or glitchy as poo poo. to me Unity feels like the game they thought they could sell well by just the AC brand alone. So they basicaly tried to make assassins creed 1: 2.0. now they are trying to make assassins creed 2: 2.0. Now to me it seems to atleast have likable characters so thats a plus for me.
I'm not saying you're doing this, rather commenting on a weird rationalisation that's echoed across forums. That said where exactly is this Syndicate=AC2 rhetoric coming from? I've heard it enough, and it's a very convenient PR play where consumers are convincing themselves that the sequel to a flawed game will be fixing all the problems. Was there an interview or series of articles that pushed this narrative, or did the majority decide this is how it has to play out for them to feel fine about purchasing the game sight-unseen?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I'm not saying you're doing this, rather commenting on a weird rationalisation that's echoed across forums. That said where exactly is this Syndicate=AC2 rhetoric coming from? I've heard it enough, and it's a very convenient PR play where consumers are convincing themselves that the sequel to a flawed game will be fixing all the problems. Was there an interview or series of articles that pushed this narrative, or did the majority decide this is how it has to play out for them to feel fine about purchasing the game sight-unseen?

Oh i have been watching gameplay stuff. they gave a bunch of sections to random sites/youtubers that are like an hour long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcZsQh30ZQ

Orv
May 4, 2011
I still like the AC rigmarole and would like another AC game with a neat protagonist that isn't a flaming trash heap. That's it, a simple request I don't think this will fill, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Snippets of gameplay revealed in trailers, etc . Shills buying into the marketing basically.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
I remember seeing some inkling of a good idea in how assassination missions were set up in Unity. There's at least a few designers trying to get the idea of actually designing stuff around interesting multiple playstyle business, it's just that the balance was hosed and those missions had the problem of not being the actual focus of the game. Also the movement system and AI were so hosed that improvisational gameplay didn't feel nearly as good as it should have.

I'm not expecting an AC game to ever be worth any more than maybe 25 bucks at most, but it would be nice to have one that meets that bar and isn't tedious as gently caress to go back to due to all the fun bits being locked behind padding.

Kin posted:

Snippets of gameplay revealed in trailers, etc . Shills buying into the marketing basically.

game will probably be bad but lol @ using "shill" unironically in YOOL 2015

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
In any of these snippets or interviews or whatever recently has anything come out on if they're doing anything with the modern-day side this time around or is it basically being ignored like in Unity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

macnbc posted:

In any of these snippets or interviews or whatever recently has anything come out on if they're doing anything with the modern-day side this time around or is it basically being ignored like in Unity?

nope. they never talk about the modern times segments. allegedly they are trying to make it either like 4 or they may go for a real gameplay.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 17, 2015

• Locked thread