Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

i can just imagine the anxious noises and handwringing that went into writing this passive-aggressive note

let's talk about how dumb and gay portland is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

never been there but i'll take your word for it op

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

never been there but i'll take your word for it op

neither have i but i still know its dumb and gay

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
I watched a few episodes of Portlandia. It was okay, except that there were no funny parts. I can only assume that the city is similar?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
welcome to liberal endgame. this is the future my conservative father warned me about.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol that makes me angry

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

What a colossal waste of time

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol that makes me angry

lol you gonna cry?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Portland is terrible but honestly what can you expect from a people that can't manage to pump their own gas.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Libelous Slander posted:

lol you gonna cry?

did your mom buy you your car or something? what is this person supposed to do throw their loving car away? lol

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Srspost. I just moved outside of Portland and have to commute through it. It's terrible. 30 minute drive takes 2 hours.

Voodoo donuts are pretty alright though, op

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Native portland goon here reporting live that it sucks. I never thought I would feel like paying $950/month for a one bedroom was a good deal, but here I am.
Our building was just sold to new owners that I'm sure are going to jack up tent, so come January I am leaving for greener pastures.
This city has changed so much since I was small, it's sad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Portland is what happens when too many white people congregate in the same place.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
ya it does

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Founded by Nazis [FROWNY FACE]

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

remigious posted:

Native portland goon here reporting live that it sucks. I never thought I would feel like paying $950/month for a one bedroom was a good deal, but here I am.
Our building was just sold to new owners that I'm sure are going to jack up tent, so come January I am leaving for greener pastures.
This city has changed so much since I was small, it's sad.

oh man I have some bad news for you about cities and rent bud

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Who was Portland founded by ?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

let's not forget Oregon did not allow blacks to live there. So morally superior!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Decebal posted:

Who was Portland founded by ?

An illiterate lumberjack took a dump by the ocean and Portland was born.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL if you are at all bullied or moved in any way by some lovely pamphlet some jeggings wearing bearded fedora barista left on your car

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
We apparently don't allow them now either, considering the gentrified state of N Portland.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

nullEntityRNG posted:

Srspost. I just moved outside of Portland and have to commute through it. It's terrible. 30 minute drive takes 2 hours.

Voodoo donuts are pretty alright though, op

this post right here is how you properly troll Portland residents

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Portland's alright compared to most other places, it's just most other places suck more.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How come all these "liberal baristas" overcrowd Portland but rent is super high ? Doesn't make sense unless you have a ridiculous minimum wage or something.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I went to college in Portland before it became a joke about itself and even then it was pretty close to intolerable. The last time I was there all I did was eat burritos at Taqueria Uruapan twice a day (which I heard has since moved or closed) and go to Powell's.

Love how a city that is demographically 95% single and between the ages of 22 and 28 snaps closed at 11pm faster than a social conservatives rear end in a top hat when he steps out of a cab at his daughters art show.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Sorry you bought a lovely car from lying nazis. :(

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

Love how a city that is demographically 95% single and between the ages of 22 and 28 snaps closed at 11pm faster than a social conservatives rear end in a top hat when he steps out of a cab at his daughters art show.

Portland doesn't have enough of a local economy to sustain itself, so it's full of tele-businesses that run on east coast time. It's bad.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sheep-Goats posted:

I went to college in Portland before it became a joke about itself and even then it was pretty close to intolerable. The last time I was there all I did was eat burritos at Taqueria Uruapan twice a day (which I heard has since moved or closed) and go to Powell's.

lol that's beautiful.

oregon chicks are super easy at least but they're kinda groddy too. goons would probably be a good match

Decebal posted:

How come all these "liberal baristas" overcrowd Portland but rent is super high ? Doesn't make sense unless you have a ridiculous minimum wage or something.
living with their boy/girl/transfriend, or just friend/roomates. and still super high isn't as bad as some other liberal white kid meccas like sf/seattle, yet.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
if I lived in portland Id probably want to kill myself

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I visited there once and I thought it was cool and I had a good time.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gammatron 64 posted:

if I lived in arizona/kentucky/south dakota/north dakota/florida/tennessee/arkansas/nebraska/kansas Id probably want to kill myself
same

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
It's fun to read (and tell Portland enthusiasts) about how it was founded as a white supremecy utopia, and still has some comically racist rules on the books. Makes you think about all those hip beards and flanels as the modern day grand dragon uniform...but you know...less mainstream.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

poopzilla posted:

lol check out this autist can't differentiate between a frown and a sad face emoji -., lmfao

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

lol that's beautiful.

oregon chicks are super easy at least but they're kinda groddy too. goons would probably be a good match

living with their boy/girl/transfriend, or just friend/roomates. and still super high isn't as bad as some other liberal white kid meccas like sf/seattle, yet.

When i think of an Portland girl its a slightly scrubby chick who reads and has short hair which is fukken great and I like it but when I'm actually in Portland it's mostly incredibly mousey dumpers hiding belly flab under a sweater and wondering inwardly why the cat they bought turned out to be such a lovely cat. Sometimes you take a girls pants off in Portland Oregon and you see this wide, flat ghostwhite expanse disapponting all over the place and sigh through your nose.

raton fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 28, 2015

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sheep-Goats posted:

when I'm actually in Portland it's mostly incredibly mousey dumpers hiding belly flab under sweater and wondering inwardly why they cat they bought turned out to be such a lovely cat.

lol. eugene chicks werent that bad at least, but ya that's a good description for a lot. there's also a lot of skinny outdoorsy chicks with no breasts or rear end too though

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

lol. eugene chicks werent that bad at least, but ya that's a good description for a lot. there's also a lot of skinny outdoorsy chicks with no breasts or rear end too though

A+ to the latter, whom i saw almost none of in the portly land

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Basic Poster posted:

It's fun to read (and tell Portland enthusiasts) about how it was founded as a white supremecy utopia, and still has some comically racist rules on the books. Makes you think about all those hip beards and flanels as the modern day grand dragon uniform...but you know...less mainstream.
I went to a cafe/bar in Austin and I swear it was Cracker Barrel with the faux-rustic decor except for twenty-somethings.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

poopzilla posted:

The dream of early 20th century anti-German sentiment is alive in Portland.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

A+ to the latter, whom i saw almost none of in the portly land

I live near the Nike campus and I see tons of them out and about. It's fairly wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i wanted to ask "what made them think someone in portland wouldn't already know all that" but i think if you start trying to think about it you're already lost

• Locked thread