Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

They're not profitable. Draftkings just got another $300 million in funding, $250 million of which is going to advertising. Reports say neither site actually makes any money.

I think everyone has decided that the strategy these sites are taking is to try to grab as large a market share as possible right now while waiting for it to get reclassified and advertising to become much more regulated. The actual service itself can't cost that much, it's just all the advertising blitzkrieg war that's going on.

One will die or absorb the other and advertising will become much more regulated. Then you'll get a couple banner ads here and there until some Senator's cousin's kid offs himself because he lost his trust fund playing the millionaire maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Is Jimmy Clausen the new Caleb Hanie?

he's much, much much worse

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If we can't stop posting about how much we hate DraftKings and FanDuel I'm going to shut down the forums.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ZenVulgarity posted:

I thought your OLine was at worst decent. What's goin' on

We didn't have that much depth behind the starters, and had three guys go out with various injuries, and one guy with a high ankle sprain who came back from it too early.

Rivers must feel really really sore today

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
NFL News/Views Week 4: That Is rear end Football

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Man and his dog posted:

If we can't stop posting about how much we hate DraftKings and FanDuel I'm going to shut down the forums.

yeah the draftkings and fanduel hate posts are the new draftkings and fanduel commercials

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I like how he dropped back to throw it to what looks to be the LOS

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

We should get a tournament bracket of most hated football commercial. I dont think fanduel/draft kings can touch, "this is ouuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr countryyyyyyyyyy"

Hell I don't even know if they can match five dollar footlong

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

Excuse me that was a yard in front of the LOS. You learn to spot these things when most of the third down passes are 4 yards behind it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nodoze posted:

It was amazing. Smith had about a dozen passes that landed behind the LOS. The final two plays of the night, in a clear Hail Mary situation, he woefully underthrows a 20-yard pass, then on the next play steps up into the pocket winding up and is sacked.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

It was amazing. Smith had about a dozen passes that landed behind the LOS. The final two plays of the night, in a clear Hail Mary situation, he woefully underthrows a 20-yard pass, then on the next play steps up into the pocket winding up and is sacked.

Don't forget the end of the first half, where instead of even trying a Hail Mary he takes off running for no reason at all, as if he's going to go 60 yards through the 8 guys who'd dropped deep.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

yeah the draftkings and fanduel hate posts are the new draftkings and fanduel commercials
:agreed:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Brannock posted:

Don't forget at halftime instead of throwing a hail mary he ran for like a twenty yard gain.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
N:

The patriots made a trade to address the fact that Mayo proooooobably should be on the PUP list as he's clearly not 100%.

They got this guy, who led the bears in tackles last season:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000230462/Bostic-s-tackle-forces-incompletion

V:

Hell yes. If he's healthy this dude can bring dat hit stick action.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Draftkings is paying over $80 million a year to ESPN for exclusive advertising. You may as well complain about Budweiser commercials.

It's like any other dumb commercial, just ignore it. I personally think it's a good idea, because with actual fantasy football usually by week 4 or 5 you're out of it and who cares. But yeah not going to work as a business model. Probably gets absorbed into ESPN's fantasy offerings at some point.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

PLEASE

Gambling is good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

It brings me joy to see everyone else finally realizing how bad he is

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

waah posted:

We should get a tournament bracket of most hated football commercial. I dont think fanduel/draft kings can touch, "this is ouuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr countryyyyyyyyyy"

Hell I don't even know if they can match five dollar footlong
Pomplamoose 4 life.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

StarcraftM posted:

N:

The patriots made a trade to address the fact that Mayo proooooobably should be on the PUP list as he's clearly not 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000230462/Bostic-s-tackle-forces-incompletion

V:

Hell yes.

Congrats on getting the best tackler on the worst defense in the NFL.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Don't forget the end of the first half, where instead of even trying a Hail Mary he takes off running for no reason at all, as if he's going to go 60 yards through the 8 guys who'd dropped deep.

He did that against the Broncos, too. Okay great a 10 yard run from your 20 with 27 seconds and 1 time-out left. You just lost 8 seconds for 10 yards that leave you out of any kind of range to do anything.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nail Rat posted:

Draftkings is paying over $80 million a year to ESPN for exclusive advertising. You may as well complain about Budweiser commercials.

It's like any other dumb commercial, just ignore it. I personally think it's a good idea, because with actual fantasy football usually by week 4 or 5 you're out of it and who cares. But yeah not going to work as a business model. Probably gets absorbed into ESPN's fantasy offerings at some point.

ESPN was all set to invest $250 million in it a few months ago but decided against it. I agree though that one will be bought by ESPN and the other will be bought by Yahoo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Our country is still the worst commercial I think. it was like peak insufferable THIS IS AMURICA :911:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

korrandark posted:

Congrats on getting the best tackler on the worst defense in the NFL.

It worked with Akeem Ayers last year! :haw:

Seriously though it's just a cheap depth move, which is fine. What the Pats really need is someone dumb enough to trade them a usable defensive back for cheap.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

sean10mm posted:

Seriously though it's just a cheap depth move, which is fine. What the Pats really need is someone dumb enough to trade them a usable defensive back for cheap.

Agreed.

Anything so I don't have to ever see Bradley Fletcher in a uniform again. God he sucks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

StarcraftM posted:

N:

V:

Hell yes. If he's healthy this dude can bring dat hit stick action.

Uhhh you know that he was hurt in the offseason and preseason and hasn't cracked the game day active list yet for the literal worst team in the league right? He's Not Good.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

TubeStank posted:

Uhhh you know that he was hurt in the offseason and preseason and hasn't cracked the game day active list yet for the literal worst team in the league right? He's Not Good.

3-4 guy in a 4-3 system.

Worked with Ayers!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

While making the decision to dive/slide as soon as someone is within 10 yards of you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

While making the decision to dive/slide as soon as someone is within 10 yards of you.

At some point, running for 30 yards then drawing a personal foul so they can get an untimed down to kick a FG is probably higher odds then him competing a hail mary pass that makes it anywhere close to the endzone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Ayers wasn't the best tackler though

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ozu posted:

Pomplamoose 4 life.

I wish I could stab you in the loving face right now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Saints, and he was 23!

And now he's turned into a #4 WR.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

StarcraftM posted:

3-4 guy in a 4-3 system.

Worked with Ayers!

That is why he got traded yes. He is a 4-3 player and not a good one. But I guess be happy about your soon to be cut currently purely depth fodder?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It amuses me that someone is excited that their team traded for Bostic. He is bad at football and not worth that sixth round pick.

That or the coaching the last two years has been THAT awful and he suddenly becomes a pro bowler in New England and I kill myself.

Either seems possible.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How much of a leash do you guys think John Fox gets? The Bears roster is abysmal. That's a 2 or 3 year rebuild project. If they continue to stink, will Fox be actually around to see the fruits of three drafts?

edit: Wow Ryan Pace is really loving young

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

Our country is still the worst commercial I think. it was like peak insufferable THIS IS AMURICA :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNzcRNrkdCw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brannock posted:

How much of a leash do you guys think John Fox gets? The Bears roster is abysmal. That's a 2 or 3 year rebuild project. If they continue to stink, will Fox be actually around to see the fruits of three drafts?

Fox is the absolute worst coach imaginable if you want to develop young talent.

He really makes no sense there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

And now he's turned into a #4 WR.

Matthews and Landry get all the targets. Stills still needs time to connect with Tannehill - he missed a lot of pre-season with an injury and you can tell.

Jennings is the odd man out. He's on a 2 year deal. Trade his rear end to Carolina for a 6th. He's not producing and he's dropping everything.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Matthews and Landry get all the targets. Stills still needs time to connect with Tannehill - he missed a lot of pre-season with an injury and you can tell.

Jennings is the odd man out. He's on a 2 year deal. Trade his rear end to Carolina for a 6th. He's not producing and he's dropping everything.

We don't have a sixth. We have a 7th :eng101:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fox is gonna have a while to operate. The roster is a dumpster fire changing schemes and riddled with injuries. Barring some major gently caress up that I can't even think of he has probably 3-4 seasons before he's on a short leash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

We don't have a sixth. We have a 7th :eng101:

You drive a hard bargain. Sold. Whatever gets him out of the way so playmakers like Landry or Matthews can touch the ball. I still have high hopes for Stills. You cant expect our deep threat to get much action when Tannehill has maybe 2 seconds to throw the ball before hes catching a forearm in his chest

• Locked thread