Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

I don't think mine is Jatt.

I swear it looks like him tho. It totally is a face Jatt always makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
In the spirit of my new avatar I am now picking Fnatic to win it all

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always was

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I now imagine every post with a Quickshot avatar is actually made by Quickshot himself.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
You just have to imagine it in the voice.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Schnorkles posted:

In the spirit of my new avatar I am now picking Fnatic to win it all

I do want to highlight the correct predictions for Worlds, as I think we will all see the championship kept here on the European continent as foreign teams are deleted and decimated.

I would have picked Cloud 9 to advance to the playoff stage due to their European midlaner, but unfortunately they will have to play matches in their group on Riot-sanctioned LAN without the Incarnation DDOS advantage.

Pain Gaming is able to effortlessly crush the weak European-free Group A off the strength of French support player Dioud.

Playoffs:

Quarterfinals:
Fnatic beats CLG
SKT loses to TSM (Bjergsen > Faker)
Origen beats AHQ
Pain loses to H2K
Europeans dominate the opening round like we know they will, completely crushing other regions. Fortunately TSM has a European midlaner and jungler who can carry them to the second round.

Semifinals:
Fnatic beats TSM
Origen beats H2K
Fnatic has 3 Europeans and TSM only has 2, GG.

Finals:
Fnatic beats Origen
In a thrilling replay of the EU LCS finals that goes five incredible European games.

This is Trevor 'Qu1ck$h0t' Henry, signing off. Call your eSports bookie and get the picks in before tomorrow!

Libertine fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 30, 2015

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
The pics would have been good enough but I just realized that they have red text to go with them (browsing with the Awful app) and I started laughing out loud at the "I do want to highlight ".

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Good lord, he's everywhere.
Now when I want to complain about the casters at worlds (and I will), I have to do so under the watchful gaze of a thousand Quickshots.

Henkmans is the best btw

I'm so loving salty I didn't ask for one too

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 30, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I do want to highlight the correct predictions for Worlds, as I think we will all see the championship kept here on the European continent as foreign teams are deleted and decimated.

This is Trevor 'Qu1ck$h0t' Henry, signing off. Call your eSports bookie and get the picks in before tomorrow!

/glares into crystal ball

I see a championship Riven skin in a certain caster's future.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I do want to highlight that this thread just got about 10x as handsome.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

just a beautiful, beautiful post

brings a tear to my eye

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Apparently this says something like: "Taunt: LPL. Give a target Korean player +2/+2"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I'm wondering exactly when in the process of the finals being Fnatic v Origen that squid needs to be placed on suicide watch

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Schnorkles posted:

I'm wondering exactly when in the process of the finals being Fnatic v Origen that squid needs to be placed on suicide watch

With all the LPL teams choking out of the group stage, most analysts attribute the Paris site location selection for groups and S0AZ's dedicated distribution of French baguettes en masse to all competing teams to have been the downfall of the Chinese region.

With their players so used to fighting early and getting fed off of crisp team fight victories, in this case they got enormously fed before the match off of perfectly finished and crisp French bread.

The quantity of their consumption was such that they were barely able to stay awake throughout the duration of the competition, occasionally lapsing into a bread-related comas as their stomachs expanded beyond a capacity that they could handle.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Off to a good start PTL.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Good

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I like that they have these guys sweating outdoors with the sun in their eyes for absolutely no reason.

It reminds me OGN Summer 2014 Busan Beach finals or the time every single person in the EU LCS got viciously sunburned in Tenerife.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

curiousCat posted:

You just have to imagine it in the voice.

I can't unhear it. HELP

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
There needs to be rivington avatars.

Also parties in the bramble pit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

what the bleedin hell happened these past few pages.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
RivBeard is in full Paris mode.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh god my picks look a lot like Riv's, I am hosed.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I think my picks look closest to Krepo's, but I don't have FNC making it out of group B because I need something crazy to get that perfect score.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I still think people are overestimating CLG

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

henkman posted:

I still think people are overestimating CLG

Totally agree. I see them squeaking out 2nd in that group.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I have them third, because I feel like Flash Wolves, pain, and CLG are all just going to take games off each other and it ending with flash wolves in second

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

henkman posted:

I have them third, because I feel like Flash Wolves, pain, and CLG are all just going to take games off each other and it ending with flash wolves in second

Yeah I will not be surprised at all if FW gets 2nd. I kept flipping them and CLG in my picks, but eventually went with CLG. Flash Wovles are good and LMS teams in general are pretty decent, I think.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I don't think there's any team you can trust in Group A, they all have the potential to choke really badly

Lolance
Sep 15, 2010
I'm so ready for this.

Come on TSM. At least take one game so Dyrus can go out on an OK note :ohdear:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lolance posted:

I'm so ready for this.

Come on TSM. At least take one game so Dyrus can go out on an OK note :ohdear:

Take a look at the toplaners Dyrus is going to face. He's not going to look ok even if TSM somehow wins a game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Remember the dyrus hecarim at MSI

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
soaz is about to make dyrus his bitch. Suck it down.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

henkman posted:

soaz is about to make dyrus his bitch. Suck it down.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Savage Cracker posted:

Take a look at the toplaners Dyrus is going to face. He's not going to look ok even if TSM somehow wins a game.

Phoneposting so... what is it, Acorn, Ssumday, Soaz? Christ that's rough for him.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

Phoneposting so... what is it, Acorn, Ssumday, Soaz? Christ that's rough for him.

LDG will likely go easy on TSM. So he might also get to play against Flame.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Playing against flame would definitely be a great way to cause dyrus to curl into a ball. I miss the pre-tp days of flame dominating.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I can't remember watching a game where soaz wasn't tilting.
And deep down in my cold heart I want to see Imp and Doublelift facing each other in the final for maximum :3:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I can't remember watching a game where soaz wasn't tilting.

Quickshot please correct this fool. He probably thinks Faker is better than Bjergsen too just because Faker won Worlds once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Savage Cracker posted:

Quickshot please correct this fool. He probably thinks Faker is better than Bjergsen too just because Faker won Worlds once.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I can't remember watching a game where soaz wasn't tilting...

...the game into his team's favor with his overwhelming map presence with the best teleports in the world, deadly 1v1 carry potential, and sheer intimidation potential of being able to play any match-up, no matter how hard the counter, act and pretend to look weak by appearing to frown, cry, and act exasperated all game -- just to make his opponents think he is weak before dropping the pentakill. He's ze best. *eats baguette*

• Locked thread