Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's the last holdout fit state in a ocean of obesity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

DoomLazer posted:

Englewood used to be nicer than Aurora. I haven't been there in 20 years though so who knows

I mean there was some news about some guy who shot up a movie theater in Aurora, don't you know

still a lovely city, either you have moronic soccer moms and their poo poo spoiled kids on one end of the town or you have literal murder happening in the other end of town

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I mean there was some news about some guy who shot up a movie theater in Aurora, don't you know

still a lovely city, either you have moronic soccer moms and their poo poo spoiled kids on one end of the town or you have literal murder happening in the other end of town

holmes saved people from the mundane nature of urban life.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
You should move to Greeley or Highlands Ranch

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

please dont. we are full here

seriously go the gently caress away

if you are from texas, cali, new york

i hate you

move to aurora so you can get shot plz either that or most anywhere off Federal.

just die please

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Denver is pretty cool. I would live there for the right job. Nice town IMHO.

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

if one more car is on i-25 im gonna kill someone

go to pueblo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Leather Daddy posted:

go to pueblo

lol that place was a shithole. i stayed there at a KoA and it was thunderstorming all night almost ontop of us, so that was cool

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Where ever you go, there will be californians.

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm from Utah, white, non mormon, loves beer, weed, and camping, also a software engineer.

I'm coming Colorado, I loving hate Utah so get ready bitches

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
you should move there just to taunt all the fags complaining about it being full

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

etalian posted:

Where ever you go, there will be californians.

losers couldnt hack it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Carlton Banks posted:

You should move to Greeley or Highlands Ranch
highlands ranch is the place to be imo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just moved to Denver a couple months ago, it's been good. I live right in Denver, I would recommend it if you can find a place in a nice area. I'm close enough that I can walk to sporting events, museums, grocery stores, liquor stores, etc. I work from home though, so I barely ever drive, can't give much advice on that.

Definitely buy some weed, it's so weird to just go into a store and buy it... Also, you can't buy liquor or wine at grocery stores, only liquor stores, which is stupid. Make sure you don't buy beer at the grocery store, it is 3.2%.

edit: Downside to living in Denver is the cost, my rent is really expensive for the size of my apartment, but I think the location makes it worth it. Trying to deal with traffic at big events or downtown is generally a nightmare, so I like walking everywhere.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 29, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i had to kick out the previous tenants for having too many loiud parties

Yo. I need a place with a decent amount of room out here since I have lots of furniture in storage. I'm a very quiet tenant.

Also, do you allow pets or smoking in your anus? I mean, I can always go outside to smoke, but my cats are butthole-only cats. I don't want them to pick up fleas.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nigmaetcetera posted:

you should move there just to taunt all the fags complaining about it being full

you hear that from seattlers, portlanders and californians too. imo the real problem, we should just wall off all the other states to prevent midwest and east coast fucks transplanting fucks from coming anywhere close here. go make baltimore or something a white hipster mecca instead you guys have plenty of room.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
Generally, the closer your are to the mountains, without actually getting into the mountains, the nicer the area.

Aurora has some areas that are okay, but most of it is poor and dirty and you won't like it. It's too big to take advantage of Denver metro transportation stuff, but too small (or poor) to support the type of parks and outdoor stuff that the rest of Denver has. It's like the worst suburb. The Denver everyone talks about is not in Aurora. (It's prolly more Lakewood)

I would look up where you're working, then check Google maps in the morning and afternoon to see what traffic looks like surrounding that location. Note that 470 is a toll road on the eastern part of the city.

CO Springs sucks. Everything south of CO Springs is essentially empty, I guess it's kinda pretty. The eastern plains suck. Many people in the mountains are just dumb rednecks who use the excuse of "well I live in the mountains" rather than putting any thought into their actions or words. The Western slope sucks because there's so many Mormons that if you're not also Mormon, you get shunned by all the Mormons and everything will be terrible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

go make baltimore or something a white hipster mecca instead you guys have plenty of room.

too late

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Xaris posted:

you hear that from seattlers, portlanders and californians too. imo the real problem, we should just wall off all the other states to prevent midwest and east coast fucks transplanting fucks from coming anywhere close here. go make baltimore or something a white hipster mecca instead you guys have plenty of room.

transplants are one of the main reasons you have legal :420: and a good tech economy though

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Xaris posted:

baltimore doesn't have any weed stores also they riot frequently and have rats the size of puppies

even with the latter two i would still be willing to live there if they had weed stores

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

baltimore doesn't have any weed stores also they riot frequently and have rats the size of puppies

even with the latter two i would still be willing to live there if they had weed stores

imagine a rat dragging a massive joint down the street triumphantly.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

etalian posted:

image a rat dragging a massive joint down the street triumphantly.

ok

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Move to Boulder. Or if you don' care about your commute, Grand Junction baby! you'll be close to Moab :)
Also if that fails, just move to Fort Collins with those people...

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

jlechem posted:

I'm from Utah, white, non mormon, loves beer, weed, and camping, also a software engineer.

I'm coming Colorado, I loving hate Utah so get ready bitches

How do you feel about dicks?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MrChupon posted:

How do you feel about dicks?

Most important question right here.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

when did it start?

When houses in the bay area got ridiculous -- mid 90s?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

When houses in the bay area got ridiculous -- mid 90s?

Bay Area had the dot com bubble which made traffic good for a few years.

Probably biggest 2 changes over the last decade were Google starting up in mountain view and also Apple going from dying company to a strong company thanks to the iphone.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

Bay Area had the dot com bubble which made traffic good for a few years.

Probably biggest 2 changes over the last decade were Google starting up in mountain view and also Apple going from dying company to a strong company thanks to the iphone.

wow, really? what was the first one again?? *scribbles furiously on notepad but only writes "kill yourself" over and over again in deep hateful strokes*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is this "iphone" something that can make me strong and not dying? *bites really hard into iphone shattering teeth and getting mercury poisoning*

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
hahahaha yeah move to greeley

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
greeley is the smelliest shithole cowtown outside of la junta. or sterling maybe

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

op, I just walked to the store and got hailed on, I think that is a sign that you should not move to Denver.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
All the cool foothills suburbs on the west side are too far for a commute to Aurora on the east side.
Well, they used to be cool. Last time I was there I didn't recognize anything because it is now just a giant strip mall.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
BRB pricing houses and looking for jobs in Denver.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

dad gay. so what posted:

is this "iphone" something that can make me strong and not dying? *bites really hard into iphone shattering teeth and getting mercury poisoning*

Yes it's why cool creative people have a iphone instead of just for poors android.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Leather Daddy posted:

go to pueblo

I'll second pueblo, it's in one of the top 100 hundred cities to get shot in

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?
If you love sucking big hard dicks Denvah is surely up your homo alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I grew up in Denver before it was cool op, you might never have heard of it

• Locked thread