Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Masculinity is tender and fragile :mrgw:

i just want to cradle it in my arms, and soothingly whisper to it about how everything is going to be ok. then masculinity will look me in the eye and we will have hot, passionate, gay sex. inshallah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Masculinity is fine. So is femininity. It's all fine I think. It's okay.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me: Which mask will you accept?

Feminism: The mask of the owl, or the mask of the heron.

Me: As you say it, so it is.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Best Giraffe posted:

i just want to cradle it in my arms, and soothingly whisper to it about how everything is going to be ok. then masculinity will look me in the eye and we will have hot, passionate, gay sex. inshallah.

same but the other way around

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

huskarl_marx posted:

flawed premise, unless you think traits of masculinity are ones of dominance and exploitation

Fabricated posted:

Masculinity is fine. So is femininity. It's all fine I think. It's okay.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

That Robot posted:

yes that's an image of a shirtless elf dude but it does not explain what they want men to be, generally

that is my issue with sjws - there is never an acceptable guideline, only criticism of men as a gender

I too am sad you are a virgin. Lose the fedora and attitude and chicks will probably dig you more.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
womynopause

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
as a man, when can i expect to be able to experience periods? medical science is really slacking here

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i want to feel a primal connection to the rhythms of the moon. i want to feel what Woman feels.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Any level of masculinity is acceptable to feminists, they just want masculine and feminine people to be equal. /thread

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

a bay posted:

Any level of masculinity is acceptable to feminists, they just want masculine and feminine people to be equal. /thread

nice mansplaining, I guess you think that you can tell feminists what they should want because you have a penis

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else upset at that pussy hair being more wire wool than kitten fur in a haptic context.

And the way male feminists bang on about rape culture, when we all know that the reason they get all hot and bothered about it: they're all repressed cuck rapists.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

That Robot posted:

i do not intend for this thread to be troll bait or a shouting match, btw

deep cover trolling. a powerful new strategy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Feminist: The only masculinity level I'll accept is level 69, big boy.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

City of Tampa posted:

nice mansplaining, I guess you think that you can tell feminists what they should want because you have a penis

What makes you think that you should guess that I think that I can tell feminists what they should want

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I have never heard a feminist say anything about masculinity levels that sounds like red pill MRA stuff

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i am pooping out my butt now

can you guess, am i a man or a woman??

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
its this level of masculinity ahurrr durrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48LLdLbAiQg

pharcyde and everyone in it was good

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

at the level of poop and death, we are all equal

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

DisposableHero posted:

If you have the right level of masculinity you actually do not give a poo poo about feminists or SJWs. Ignoring them is masculine.

Not giving a gently caress and minding your own business is the most masculine poo poo in the world

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

a bay posted:

I have never heard a feminist say anything about masculinity levels that sounds like red pill MRA stuff

toxic masculinity is a major issue that real feminists are v. concerned about

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT TOXIC LEVELS OF TIGHT HEAVILY PATTERNED PANTS

i am ok with some even perhaps a lot but this is getting ridiculous

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

plus the patterns often make it hard to observe the butt's contours, which is the whole idea of tight pants in the first place

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm triggered by people's overuse of the term "apropos of nothing"

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

City of Tampa posted:

toxic masculinity is a major issue that real feminists are v. concerned about

At what level does masculinity become toxic

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

a bay posted:

have you ever watched breaking bad

you know how the dad from malcom in the middle cannot stop shooting himself in the dick at every possible moment because he thinks he has to be the biggest baddest scariest motherfucker ever

toxic masculinity is fancy feminist speak for the point when your desire to be the biggest, baddest, scariest motherfucker ever means you cannot stop shooting yourself (and others) in the dick any time you are startled by a new stimulus.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Why do you guys say masculinity when you mean insecurity

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
When I think of masculinity I think of the Mumm-Ra character from the Tunder Cats milieu

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit
*gets hit on by any man of colour that isn't a 9/10*

ewwwww what a creep! can you believe him? ugh sorry i only date white guys. I control what goes into MY vagina

*gets hit on by a white guy that is 5<*

wow he's so sweet and nice and i know i didnt want to get into anything right now but ughhhhhh it's so hard to find a guy

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

a bay posted:

because insecurity can also cause you to act overly passive instead of overly aggressive. but passivity isn't what we traditionally think of as a "masculine" trait

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Ze Pollack posted:

have you ever watched breaking bad

you know how the dad from malcom in the middle cannot stop shooting himself in the dick at every possible moment because he thinks he has to be the biggest baddest scariest motherfucker ever

toxic masculinity is fancy feminist speak for the point when your desire to be the biggest, baddest, scariest motherfucker ever means you cannot stop shooting yourself (and others) in the dick any time you are startled by a new stimulus.

Wasn't that dude dyin' of cancer anyway so he stopped giving a poo poo? I'd probably get all toxic masculinity too because why not.

I did not watch the show so I do not know.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think he stoped dying of cancer after the first season, they had their vieweship locked down and didn't need an empathetic justification anymore

as if anybody cares why the charistmatic villain is so villainous, they just want to vic ariously live out their violent fantsies in an aceptable and social setting

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

a bay posted:

subtle distinction. toxic masculinity is the idea that doing everything you possibly can to be the biggest baddest scariest motherfucker is the best possible thing you can do. turns out if your idea of how to be masculine is "be the biggest baddest scariest motherfucker you can be" you're on the one-way road to dickshooting.

fragile masculinity is a closely related problem: the insecurity guys trying to be the biggest baddest scariest motherfucker possible feel when someone calls them on the fact that they are not, in fact, the biggest baddest etc etc, and are actually the dad from Malcolm in the Middle. frequently they respond in toxic fashion, i.e. "I AM NOT MAD ON THE INTERNET AND I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IRL," and dickshooting follows.

look at all those words you made me type

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Wasn't that dude dyin' of cancer anyway so he stopped giving a poo poo? I'd probably get all toxic masculinity too because why not.

I did not watch the show so I do not know.
he refused to take money for treatment from his rich college buddies because they were stupid assholes. catch-22 tbqh

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

a bay posted:

City of Tampa posted:

what is your income? what is your height? how conventionally attractive are you?

these three factors will determine how acceptable any of your actions are

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

because insecurity can also cause you to act overly passive instead of overly aggressive. but passivity isn't what we traditionally think of as a "masculine" trait

Neither is insecurity. Feminists by and large do not have a problem with masculinity itself, the problem they have is that masculinity is privileged over femininity

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

such a lol at masculinity and femininity being tossed around as if they weren't CONSTRUCTS

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

get over it dweebs, the real battleground is elsewhere!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
OP do you mean specifically in how you interact with women because it's going to vary drastically depending on how attractive you are. You can get away with a lot of cocky bullshit if you're a hot dude even to the point of being openly sexist.

If you mean like in a day to day environment being aggressive and hyper competitive I think that's just kinda frowned upon in general outside of communities were it's an absolute necessity to remain the respect of your peers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

OP do you mean specifically in how you interact with women because it's going to vary drastically depending on how attractive you are. You can get away with a lot of cocky bullshit if you're a hot dude even to the point of being openly sexist.

if the kind of women you are into are the kind who respond well to sexism from attractive ppl, you are already broken good luck!!

• Locked thread