Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah lets just wait and see since we only have one still image of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Ugh, the more I think about it the more annoyed I am by that hybrid helmet. Changing it to just be a normal skull shape, along with aging up the character, makes it seem like they don't really have confidence in Robbie's unique design and setting and are just gonna try to make it as generically recognizable as they can. I've no doubt they would've just gone with Johnny Blaze if they could and were "politely" redirected to another option, which just goes to show their lack of freedom no matter how much they claim otherwise.

spergspergspergspergspergspergsperg

I mean, if we're going to sperg, the movie Ghost Rider looked a lot more like the Dan Ketch version, right down to the chain and spikes. My guess is that it's hard to make a guy with a flaming skull or skull-like headgear look good and they went with what they thought was best and you're reading way more into it than is actually there.

The Charger looks badass, however.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

BrianWilly posted:

Ugh, the more I think about it the more annoyed I am by that hybrid helmet. Changing it to just be a normal skull shape, along with aging up the character, makes it seem like they don't really have confidence in Robbie's unique design and setting and are just gonna try to make it as generically recognizable as they can. I've no doubt they would've just gone with Johnny Blaze if they could and were "politely" redirected to another option, which just goes to show their lack of freedom no matter how much they claim otherwise.

spergspergspergspergspergspergsperg

Or they used Robbie since he and his brother are the hook, so the exact design and the age of the character are secondary to that to fit the AoS theme of family, which the Producers have spoken about previously. As much fun as it would be to see on TV, we were never gonna see Robbie in high school with his friends/rivals who end up working for Mr Hyde etc but if we get that core relationship with him and his brother, then that's super-valuable if done well as it's not like there are many SEND people in the MCU.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Metalshark posted:

SEND people

oh jesus, another acronym

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

RareAcumen posted:

oh jesus, another acronym

That is the most appropriate term for Gabriel Reyes though? At least it's what is used in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/topic/schools-colleges-childrens-services/special-educational-needs-disabilities

Unless you were just picking up on it plus MCU & AoS in my post, in which case now you know some UK terminology that may or may not be useful.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Doubleplus good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Metalshark posted:

That is the most appropriate term for Gabriel Reyes though? At least it's what is used in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/topic/schools-colleges-childrens-services/special-educational-needs-disabilities

Unless you were just picking up on it plus MCU & AoS in my post, in which case now you know some UK terminology that may or may not be useful.

I honestly thought it was another organization like SHIELD. That makes sense, thanks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Let's see what Ward is doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRVbW3tugc
*Plinkett voice*
Oh, Oh no

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Instead of playing a guy who is possessed by a malevolent alien force, he's playing a guy who is playing a malevolent alien force. Who probably finds a little possession by the end.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, I hoped that Dalton would get good things in his future and I am happy that he got the lead in something, but this looks awful. The trailer gets worse the longer it goes. I can sort of see Neil Flynn (That's him right?) playing his dad, but his facial expression only says "How did I end up in this trash movie? I ruined my life.".
Maybe he will find something better than that at some point.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Wow, I was expecting some kind of made for tv SyFy garbage or something but this is actually worse.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
And it's going to play heavy with the conservative right and make a few million dollars beyond its budget and Hollywood will say, "nice" and make another couple hundred Christian-leaning dogmatic movies.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

*Plinkett voice*
Oh, Oh no

0:31 was actually footage of him irl taking the job

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

kayakyakr posted:

And it's going to play heavy with the conservative right and make a few million dollars beyond its budget and Hollywood will say, "nice" and make another couple hundred Christian-leaning dogmatic movies.

Too late on the Hollywood thing, Universal is doing DVD and streaming distribution for GND2.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

*Plinkett voice*
Oh, Oh no

Sexy Boy noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU