Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
iPages is a database designed to store web pages for easy access.

required fields:

website name
short description
long description (paragraph)
keywords
notes
website url

the database is searchable by keywords

the "website url" field can be used to copy the url to a web browser (sold seperately) this field can be copied from, but not pasted to for security reasones

first 10 funders get 10 free iPAges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
wheres ur link???

ur worse than d00bie.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

stuff like this that makes me believe it's possible we can live in the future

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can donate canned goods

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Will I be able to import my existing bookmarked web pages into the app? This sounds like a great way to keep track of all my favorites!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I would be into this if I didn't already have AIDS, but alas

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

so u launch these mad birds at the pages?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

wow very interesting

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think this is just how bookmarks work.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Bad idea. NOT investing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That app already exists.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
no i'm busy raising seed funds for my app, Buttlr - to put it simply, it's an eclectic mix of tinder, uber and snapchat, exclusively for butts. oh and don't worry, we review and monitor all butts so only the highest quality butts are chosen and featured.

can't disclose TOO much more unless you sign an NDA, hit me up if interested and have money.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

dad gay. so what posted:

iPages is a database designed to store web pages for easy access.

required fields:

website name
short description
long description (paragraph)
keywords
notes
website url

the database is searchable by keywords

the "website url" field can be used to copy the url to a web browser (sold seperately) this field can be copied from, but not pasted to for security reasones

first 10 funders get 10 free iPAges

hey buddy... its called the internet

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i've got that info on a bunch of popular websites in my rolodex. i'll have my girl fax it over

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

zoink2000 posted:

Will I be able to import my existing bookmarked web pages into the app? This sounds like a great way to keep track of all my favorites!

no, for security reasons this is not possible

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think this is just how bookmarks work.

:confused:

this isnt for books, its for websites

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

net cafe scandal posted:

That app already exists.

i highly doubt that. but even if you are right, this app will do what you need, when you need it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Protocol7 posted:

hey buddy... its called the internet

what is :confused:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i've got that info on a bunch of popular websites in my rolodex. i'll have my girl fax it over

thank you, i need more websites for testing purposes.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

any chance you're hiring? I have a feeling this is gonna be big, and id love to get in on the ground floor

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
will this app be free and loaded with in-app purchases and ads?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fakiebeanplant posted:

any chance you're hiring? I have a feeling this is gonna be big, and id love to get in on the ground floor

no but we are accepting donations

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

will this app be free and loaded with in-app purchases and ads?

this app will NOT be free, and the web browser will be sold separately. also it will only run on linux and has certain hardware requirements including, but not limited to: all devices must be SCSI including the proprietary SCSI floppy drive which we also invented (Also known as the iScoppy).

the iScoppy drive will be available in Q3 2016.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I insist that the app already exists.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

net cafe scandal posted:

I insist that the app already exists.

i guess we agree to disagree

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

dad gay. so what posted:

this app will NOT be free, and the web browser will be sold separately. also it will only run on linux and has certain hardware requirements including, but not limited to: all devices must be SCSI including the proprietary SCSI floppy drive which we also invented (Also known as the iScoppy).

the iScoppy drive will be available in Q3 2016.

can you start a $10m kickstarter and the stretch goals be iScoppy fanart?

i'm willing to liquidate all my assets, cancel christmas for the family and give you £11,000 RIGHT. NOW.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lorn Wayne posted:

can you start a $10m kickstarter and the stretch goals be iScoppy fanart?

i'm willing to liquidate all my assets, cancel christmas for the family and give you £11,000 RIGHT. NOW.

i will look into it. here is an "industry leak" on the iScoppy:

"the proprietary iScoppy external SCSI floppy drive is used for security purposes to encrypt website urls for security purposes. The drive is made of lead to protect it from magnetic fields, A 32 character alphanumeric passcode is required to insert or eject a "crypto-disk" which stores the unique encryption key for each website. to access the database you must inset the matching "crypto-disk" to unlock the database record for that specific website. The iScoppy drive weighs 120lbs and is a 1' x 1' x 1' foot lead cube."

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
whats your stretch goal?

(hint its your rear end in a top hat)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

maybe when you finish this app your next one can be a dog from the future? like maybe instead of ears little antennas with blinking lights at the end? i have no idea what this sort of thing will cost i'm not a numbers guy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

whats your stretch goal?

i dont know what that is :confused:

this is my first attempt at "Crowd-sourcing" so i dont know all the lingo yet, but if you mean "how much money do you need" then the answer is about 79.4 million U.S. dollars. hth

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

maybe when you finish this app your next one can be a dog from the future? like maybe instead of ears little antennas with blinking lights at the end? i have no idea what this sort of thing will cost i'm not a numbers guy

ive done the math, and its cheaper than you think.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dad gay. so what posted:

this is my first attempt at "Crowd-sourcing" so i dont know all the lingo yet, but if you mean "how much money do you need" then the answer is about 79.4 million U.S. dollars. hth

how much of this is going into user interface design?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
79 million? Should be doable, I'll get my people to get in touch with your people.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

to clarify, i expect the ROI of this project to be around 85 million in revenue. i have not figured out all the costs yet but the manufacturing alone of the iScoppy is about $16K per unit and we should be able to pump out about 7 or 8 a year.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i shouldnt be telling you this but the real revenue stream is the proprietary "crypto-disks" for the iScoppy. the more websites you enter into iPages, the more "crypto-disks" you have to buy. the disks will retail for around $425, with a 10 pack for $3999. its kind of like taking candy from a baby. i got the idea from HP print cartridges.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
obviously the proprietary browser will another big "add-on" for revenue. it is tentatively called "iWebsites" and should be available Q3 2017

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"iWebsites" will be restricted to "web pages" that are entered into "iPages" and unlocked via the "iScoppy". for added security the browser will only function in 1 hour intervals, 3 times a day. the "time-lock" will be randomized to prevent theft of website information.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

could you give me a breakdown of your team?

in my last startup (we hacked the gay dog dating industry with an app called Grrrindr), we had 10 high paid ideas men and an intern who was responsible for development, design, fundraising, sales, marketing and PR.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dad gay. so what posted:

"iWebsites" will be restricted to "web pages" that are entered into "iPages" and unlocked via the "iScoppy". for added security the browser will only function in 1 hour intervals, 3 times a day. the "time-lock" will be randomized to prevent theft of website information.

these websites sound very dangerous. wil it access the darknet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

5 minutes ago i was really excited to open the app store on my phone and download cool new apps but then this wave of depression hit me and i'm just lying on the floor feeling really blue. i think i threw up and i don't even care

• Locked thread