Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
It's a Football Wednesday.....LET'S TALK FOOTBALL

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Unless it's CJ Anderson, gently caress that guy
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Ameer Abdullah @ SEA
or
Lance Dunbar @ NO

1PPR. Leaning Dunbar, even with Abdullah's receiving TD last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

railroad terror posted:

It's a Football Wednesday.....LET'S TALK FOOTBALL

RULES

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Unless it's CJ Anderson, gently caress that guy
2) Note your scoring settings.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Ameer Abdullah @ SEA
or
Lance Dunbar @ NO

1PPR. Leaning Dunbar, even with Abdullah's receiving TD last week.

I'd go with Dunbar too.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'd go with Dunbar, too.

8 team, Yahoo default PPR

RB:
J. Charles @ CIN,
M. Gordon Vs CLE,
J. Forsett @ PIT
D. Lewis BYE

WR:
A. Cooper @ CHI,
T. Hilton Vs JAX,
R. Matthews Vs NYJ (flex?)
T. Benjamin @ SD
K. Wright BYE

WW options: D. Woodhead Vs CLE, T. Rawls Vs DET, M. Jones Vs PHI, L. Dunbar @ NO

edit: VVV Packers or Colts

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 30, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Who are the best streaming DSTs this week? Packers @ SF, Colts v JAC, Chargers v CLe, and Raiders @ CHI all look like potentially nice options to me and are available in my league. How would you rank those?

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Marvin Jones vs. KC
Ty Montgomery @ SF

Normally this is a no-brainer due to Marvin being established and playing a lovely KC D, but with Devante Adams out and Ty the Stanford grad going back to SF this weekend I'm thinking this is his opportunity to shine. I'm a Montgomery homer though.

Also Lance Dunbar grew up in New Orleans and is playing them this week - I think he's going to have big game.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Score Standard, with 100 yard 5pts bonus

RB:
Ingram vs Dal
Bernard vs KC
Jones vs Phi

WR:
Thomas vs Min
R. Matthews vs NYJ
J. Mattews @ Wsh

Unsure if i should go 3 WR or 3 RB. I would use that third as my flex.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Score is 0.5PPR with 4 point QB TDs

QB:
P. Manning vs MIN
A. Dalton vs KC

TE:
M. Bennett vs OAK
E. Ebron vs SEA

W/R
M. Jones vs KC
C. Hyde vs GB
C Johnson vs STL

Right now leaning towards Dalton, Bennett, Jones

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
1PPR

Calvin Johnson @ Seattle
or
Jeremy Maclin @ Cincinnati

I have James Jones in the other WR spot and Michael Crabtree in the flex and I like their matchups so I'm hesitant to do anything with them

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

8 team, Yahoo default PPR

(too much)

I can narrow this down a bit:

Flex:
J. Forsett @ PIT
R. Matthews Vs NYJ
T. Benjamin @ SD

WW options: D. Woodhead Vs CLE, T. Rawls Vs DET, M. Jones Vs PHI, L. Dunbar @ NO

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

1PPR

Calvin Johnson @ Seattle
or
Jeremy Maclin @ Cincinnati

I have James Jones in the other WR spot and Michael Crabtree in the flex and I like their matchups so I'm hesitant to do anything with them

Maclin

Korwen posted:

:agreed:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
12-team .5 PPR. I'm 0-3 playing the first place team so if I don't knock this out of the park this week I'm in a ton of trouble.

PICK 4:

Jordan Matthews @ WAS
Donte Moncreif vs. JAX
James Jones @ SF
Brandin Cooks vs. DAL
Stevie Johnson vs. CLE

I'm currently leaning toward the top 4, but I have to start Rivers this week because of Brady's bye, and because of my dire situation, I'm wondering if I should try to force Stevie into the lineup to try to hit on a QB/WR double-dip if he finds the endzone. I just don't think I can justify starting him over any of the other 4.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

railroad terror posted:

What if your stud now has Mike Vick in TYOOL 2015 throwing to him

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I believe in Michael Vick

e: VVV Karlos no matter what. Lynch if he plays, Gore if he doesn't.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 30, 2015

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Only 2 RB Spots (0 PPR) - Marshawn Lynch, Karlos Williams, Frank Gore?

Start my studs?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Only 2 RB Spots (0 PPR) - Marshawn Lynch, Karlos Williams, Frank Gore?

Start my studs?

Just monitor Lynch's status and sit him if he sits.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

Score Standard, with 100 yard 5pts bonus

RB:
Ingram vs Dal
Bernard vs KC
Jones vs Phi

WR:
Thomas vs Min
R. Matthews vs NYJ
J. Mattews @ Wsh

Unsure if i should go 3 WR or 3 RB. I would use that third as my flex.

I'd probably flex Matthews @ Wsh. Based on the usage I don't see an explicit reason Rishard is getting the TD receptions over Landry, so I wouldn't expect the trend to continue. As far as Jones, I'm assuming that's Matt Jones, and I'm holding off on starting him until their backfield settles down.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Korwen posted:

Score is 0.5PPR with 4 point QB TDs

QB:
P. Manning vs MIN
A. Dalton vs KC

TE:
M. Bennett vs OAK
E. Ebron vs SEA

W/R
M. Jones vs KC
C. Hyde vs GB
C Johnson vs STL

I would probably go Dalton, Bennett, Hyde. Green Bay isn't the best against the run and Hyde gets close to 100% of the backfield touches.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Intruder posted:

What if your stud now has Mike Vick in TYOOL 2015 throwing to him

Antonio is still a WR1 without Ben, just not a top 3 WR necessarily. This is assuming you can deal with the guilt.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post, the general discussion thread said the sit/start thread needed help.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I have no clue where to go with this flex dilemma:
Alfred Blue @ATL
Michael Crabtree @CHI
Jarvis Landry vs Revis
Alfred Morris vs PHI
Doug Martin vs CAR
Percy Harvin vs NYG

If Foster is out I'm definitely going Blue but i think Foster is back?

edit: league isn't PPR. That's probably important

schweens fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 30, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5ppr, 40+yd TDs get 2 bonus pts:

Crabtree @Chi
or
Dunbar @NO

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

schweens posted:

I have no clue where to go with this flex dilemma:
Alfred Blue @ATL
Michael Crabtree @CHI
Jarvis Landry vs Revis
Alfred Morris vs PHI
Doug Martin vs CAR
Percy Harvin vs NYG

If Foster is out I'm definitely going Blue but i think Foster is back?

edit: league isn't PPR. That's probably important

Will Revis be on Landry or Rishard?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Reik posted:

I'm going to guess Revis on Landry. Cromartie is back isn't he? He should be able to cover Rishard.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm going to guess Revis on Landry. Cromartie is back isn't he? He should be able to cover Rishard.

I don't know enough about the type of receivers Landry and Rishard are and if that would effect how the corners are placed. Revis and Landry are both 5'11" while Rishard is 6'0" and Cromartie is 6'2", so maybe that reinforces Revis being on Landry?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Reik posted:

Nothing is certain at this point but the common assumption is that he'll be on Landry

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Yahoo Standard no PPR. Pick a flex

CJ2k vStL
Sproles @Was
John Brown vStL
Alshon Jeffrey vOak

No way CJ2K ever has another game like last week again right?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd go Jeffery. He seems on track to play.

Chris Ivory vs Mia in London

Or

Danny Woodhead vs Cleveland

1PPR

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

I'd probably flex Matthews @ Wsh. Based on the usage I don't see an explicit reason Rishard is getting the TD receptions over Landry, so I wouldn't expect the trend to continue. As far as Jones, I'm assuming that's Matt Jones, and I'm holding off on starting him until their backfield settles down.

That's what I was thinking of doing. Rather sit Jones and see what happens.
Yea it is Matt Jones.

Thanks!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

I can narrow this down a bit:

Flex:
J. Forsett @ PIT
R. Matthews Vs NYJ
T. Benjamin @ SD

Please help me pick a flex

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Please help me pick a flex

I'd say R Matthews. How is Danny Woodhead still on the WW though?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ty1990 posted:

I'd go Jeffery. He seems on track to play.

Even if healthy Jeffrey still has Clausen throwing to him, last weeks big 0 doesn't give me confidence.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Who to start in my Flex? Standard Yahoo 0 PPR

CJ2K v StL
Ivory v Mia

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Crunkjuice posted:

Who to start in my Flex? Standard Yahoo 0 PPR

CJ2K v StL
Ivory v Mia

Miami looks like a dumpster fire that caught on fire. I say Ivory.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
1PPR,

QB
Peyton vs Tyrod - I've been playing with Peyton, and have Tyrod on my bench, thinking about switching up this week

RB
Crowell vs Spiller - McCoy is on my bench. Gore is my other RB. Both these guys suck, but I figure if Brees is in, I'd make the switch to Spiller.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

BrownClown posted:

1PPR,

QB
Peyton vs Tyrod - I've been playing with Peyton, and have Tyrod on my bench, thinking about switching up this week

RB
Crowell vs Spiller - McCoy is on my bench. Gore is my other RB. Both these guys suck, but I figure if Brees is in, I'd make the switch to Spiller.

I don't think the matchups are skewed enough to start Tyrod over Peyton this week, but unless we see a Peyton turnaround there should be matchups this season where I'd start Tyrod.

I'd go with Spiller over Crowell, but I don't like either pick. Are those the only 4 RBs you have rostered? What's the WW look like?

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Dilemma: should I start Derek Carr v. Bears or Matt Ryan v. Texans :confused:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Brady's on a bye, so I'm torn between,

QB Tyrod Taylor or Carson Palmer. No PPR.

NYG secondary has given a ton of passing yards away in the previous three weeks, and ARZ is up against STL, so I feel like Taylor's matchup is far more favorable than Palmers.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 30, 2015

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

a rowdy mullet posted:

Dilemma: should I start Derek Carr v. Bears or Matt Ryan v. Texans :confused:

Matt Ryan. He's on a "better" team, and the Texans are just as generous if not more so than the Bears when it comes to Quarterbacks.

Houston has given up on average 21 points to QBs ranked 4, 15, and 16. Chicago has given up on average 20.2 points to QBs ranked 1, 6, and 10.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Reik posted:

I'd go with Spiller over Crowell, but I don't like either pick. Are those the only 4 RBs you have rostered? What's the WW look like?

Yes. 14 Man League, that's very competitive. Here's the RBs that are left according to fantasypros.

Tre Mason, STL (FA)
Theo Riddick, DET (WW)
Benny Cunningham, STL (FA)
Jonathan Grimes, HOU (FA)
Mike Tolbert, CAR (FA)

Going to have to trade someone soon to get a decent RB.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

BrownClown posted:

1PPR,

QB

RB

Reik posted:

I don't think the matchups are skewed enough to start Tyrod over Peyton this week, but unless we see a Peyton turnaround there should be matchups this season where I'd start Tyrod.

I also have to decide between Peyton and Tyrod. My league is dumb and awards 0.125 points per rushing yard and 1 bonus part for every rushing first down. Does that swing it towards TT at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I also have to decide between Peyton and Tyrod. My league is dumb and awards 0.125 points per rushing yard and 1 bonus part for every rushing first down. Does that swing it towards TT at all?

How many of those bonus points has TT picked up in weeks 1-3 compared to old man Peyton?

• Locked thread