Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I approve of the thread title. Cobynus Snake would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/panicked-super-rich-buying-boltholes-5044084

The Super Rich are buying up land in New Zealand to try and avoid the inevitable rise of the proletariat.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just want to know what it is about New Zealand that the evil bastards of the wold find idilic. They ken Mt Doom was all on computers, aye?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Tories are the nasty party. They're literally the reason the UK is being investigated for human rights abuses against the disabled. If calling the tories the Nasty Party upsets you more than human rights abuses against the disabled then what the gently caress is wrong with you?

quote:

Being for kindness is as vague as being against austerity.

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like, is austerity not identifiable as ideological cuts to the public sector and mass privatisation? Why is she describing it as if it's an emotion? What the gently caress even is the Guardian's comment is free section anymore?

Help my nose is bleeding

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Zephro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABghHHFv5k

If you haven't seen this it's worth watching. Is Eamon Holmes always this rambling and bad? OK MR CORBYN LET'S TALK ABOUT ARSENE WENGER

Jesus, he's like a stropy kid who is trying to upset his teacher. Just embarrassing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dan Hodges is a broken man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

J_RBG posted:

So the World Economic Forum has published a huge load of data and ranked countries 'competitively'. Anyway, it says the usual doom and gloom about our long-term prospects:

That means our macroeconomic environment is ranked below Haiti, Zimbabwe and Liberia. How is this being reported in the media?

Jeremy Corbyn said he wouldn't revenge nuke anyone and that's terrible because

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He's Glenda Jackson's son if you're wondering why he gets a lot of attention he doesn't deserve

How did a nice woman like her raise a Blairite?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Centre left" Dan Hodges says it's not immoral to bomb civilians and Corbyn is the extremist for saying he wouldn't commit to human extinction.

Britain is a loving terrifying country and I want out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I reckon you could get David Cameron to gently caress the button.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's a shame it wasn't a rock.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Look we just need to behave or Rupert Murdoch won't be on our side.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oxford_town posted:

Sorry. I mean amongst the proportion of the electorate that DON'T already think "Tories are scum".

Possibly, or possibly it makes the left look like fringe agitators compared to that nice, statesmanlike Mr Cameron.

Anyone who thinks that way is a prick though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Look I know thousands died shortly after being declared fit for work but that mean hippy threw an egg so I'm voting conservative.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

https://youtu.be/yZB8_RMwFfI?t=2m30s

Seems to be going down well.

"Throw eggs at tories" might be a valid election platform.

Ahahahaha brilliant.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oxford_town posted:

Well, one could march peacefully and resist the temptation to spit on journalists or Tory delegates, like the majority of the marchers today did.

Statements such as "the Tory party are scum" and "the Tory party are literally murdering people" are great for preaching to the faithful, but, I suspect, play very poorly outside those who are already on the left. And, unfortunately, we seem to be in the minority.

Do you also think that the suffragettes would have got the vote by being nicer to men?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
#FreemarineA

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Samantha is the kind of woman who can kiss a pig fucker on the mouth so it'll probably be true.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

It is hilarious that the Tories somehow think this is satire instead of sensible economics.

(sorry for buzzfeed, can't obviously find it anywhere else)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sirajdatoo/its-raining-corbyn-pounds#.ink5OAYw6d

Print loads of money and just hand it to the banks? Perfectly reasonable. Print it and hand it to the public? Insanity, can't be done.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Renfield posted:

It's not even that, it's print money and spend it on improving the national infrastructure

You don't give money for infrastructure your privatise it and make a mint for you and your mates it's like labour don't even get the point of going into politics.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not sure maybe you act upon intelligence that's been gathered and real time information?

Secret agencies are almost universally terrible at their work.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why are the taxpayers alliance given time of day again?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"I realised the Tories were going to gently caress people, but I didn't realise they were going to gently caress me!"

You cannae do "Hindsight is 20/20" when people were telling you before hand what would happen.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

Yes, but there's also no Czech loving Jedward, is there John?

No British one ether, they're Irish.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Despite opinion polls showing that the public is agrees with the majority of what Jeremy Corbyn says, he's a far out left wing loon. The Tory party are the centre, despite the majority of experts in education, economics, environment and medicine saying they're awful.

Keep hammering that as the truth and hope that reality corresponds with whatever bullshit you make up by 2020.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RobotNinjaHornets posted:

What the gently caress

THE CENTRE GROUND!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bring back the IRA and set them on the pig fucker imo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dan Hodges posted:

David Cameron is now the leader of the British left.

I swear to god.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What the actual Christ

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

croc suit posted:

Didn't you get kicked out of the lib dems for sexism?

Against men.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

pointsofdata posted:

I think he's using the opportunity to try and mop up centrist labour voters. He sounds reasonable and moderate, even if his policies aren't. Contrast to protestors throwing eggs and shouting about pig loving on twitter.
So that reasonable Hitler cartoon then?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
David Cameron pays half hearted lip service to liberals and they fall over themselves to praise him as Cameron goes back to making the problems massively worse.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair David Cameron probably does sound very centre when you take into account that the vast majority of reporters all went to the most posh universities and private schools.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Johnathan Freedland posted:

Cameron has thrown down a challenge to liberal, even centre-left voters: what, besides habit, is preventing you backing me? #cpc15

The past five years were just something that happened to other people.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

This is largely true for the people he's targeting. He's not pitching to people who are getting their tax credits cut or are being subjected to the bedroom tax, he's going after people who are reasonably financially secure and who vote Labour because they want social justice and support the welfare state.

Again, the past five years.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Labour are lurching away from the centre and the Tories are moving in.

Wrong.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The centre is not decided by a bunch of public school toffs praising other public school toffs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

They are rhetorically.

If you people can't see what's happening you're deluding yourselves.

So what?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

The Tories are working to broaden their appeal. They're not moving away from the right.

Then they're not moving towards the centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

loving hell could this news article be any more repetitive

A young tory got a £300 taxi ride and hosed it in the mouth.

• Locked thread