Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Phoon posted:

im sure it will be soon

raises an interesting question, if we did drop trident would the US look for another european country to gain/increase their arsenal?* Germany was their client state for decades and is nearer to russia so they seem the obvious choice

*really they would engineer a coup before we could get rid of them

actually the us wants britain to give up trident iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/defence-and-security-blog/2014/jul/29/nuclear-weapons-us-uk-cooperation
The UK, Obama added, "intends to continue to maintain viable nuclear forces into the foreseeable future." It was in America's interest, to continue to help Britain "in maintaining a credible nuclear deterrent".

In all honesty, I doubt they care much one way or the other given that our deterrent is the equivalent of a quiet surreptitious fart compared to their thunderous eggy table-rattling monster guff.

Oh, guess I misremembered. I thought something was linked itt that said the opposite.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

replace trident with a massive fleet of attack submarines

peace through sinking all your missile botes before you can use them

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

shut up no one cares

poo poo like this is why stalin did nothing wrong

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the ukrainians had it coming, bandura music sucks

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

well i believe they happened

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Oh boy, now Cameron is claiming that Corbyn will let Isis into the motherland: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/corbyn-isolated-in-europe-over-threat-posed-by-isis-cameron

I wonder if Corbyn will get the right of reply and will just say: "How many Islamist attacks did the UK face before the 2003 invasion of Iraq?"

"labour did it"

Oberleutnant posted:

I know it's UK MT but more from that Air France bustup:

:commissar:

Also: Guardian in Correct Thought shocker:

i've noticed that french ceos are especially brutal, see the head of nestle or w/e who thinks access to water isn't a human right

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

They'd still say Labour did it because the PLP exists

The best hope for Labour is Corbyn grooms a successor who has his positions on like 99% percent of issues but puts the boot to immigration, wins the election, and then does a politician and cuts immigration but really half-assedly so that there's a tiny drop in immigration, enough to shut up the xenophobes

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

So Putin is doing nothing wrong? :confused:

no, he's doing everything wrong

the war is slowing down for example

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

so did anyone ever call out tintower for defending the homophobic leader of the libdems

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

the economy's need for consumers.

looks like somebody never read Citibank's Plutonomy memo!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Focus on property damage imo, steal and break expensive things. Go for the highest value by the pound. No one gets hurt, except for the insurance crooks

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

TomViolence posted:

This I'm in favour of. Ironic that Forums Terrorist is advocating against terrorism, but there you go.

Actually property damage was a significant plank of later IRA strategy :sun:

also i was inspired by oberleutnant's posts about the mechanics of violence against property in the last thread

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i feel like alchenar is missing the context for the corbyn win

the labour leadership contest wasn't between corbyn and The Second Coming Of Tony Blair, it was between Corbs and three clapped-out nobodies who would've been creamed even faster than Milibland

Labour atm is a death row convict playing russian roulette for his freedom; he's going to die anyway, might as well take the gamble and maybe they'll come out ahead

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Alchenar why do you support the Tory party.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i hope every soldier can't find work when they're out of the army and they have to go through the full jsa monty.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

So then wouldn't voting for Cooper have also been a gamble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it's the loving spectator, what do you think

"hmm, this edition of der sturmer sure is hard on the jews"

• Locked thread