Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Phoon posted:

how would you prepare and cook a pigs head

I would make sure it was well lubricated with butter, or maybe lard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Gavinvin posted:

Then if UK leaves the EU scotland will try to become independent again.

If a black cat crosses the road on a Tuesday in front of a man called Brian then Scotland will try to become independent again.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Take a large wine glass, fill to the brim with ice and then fill the glass with Vodka.

Just enough ice, just enough Vodka.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

What is happening in his head and what is happening in reality.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2015/oct/08/steve-bell-cameron-legacy-dave-who-put-his-cock-in-a-pig-video

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Praseodymi posted:

Are all these videos going to end with Steve Bell laughing as it fades out?

DCFADP

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Stormgale posted:

Speaking of Jobseekers, can your adviser actually see your application history? I know they can see your activity but I need to know if I should copy over all the jobs I am applying for to make sure they don't sanction me for lack of evidence.

I've always assumed they can see my application history, but as that only accounts for jobs applied for directly through Universal Jobmatch (about 1% of everything I have applied for since January 2015) it doesn't really add up to much. The other 99% of job applications I copy the reference number into the Activity history and print the confirmation email for them to look at when I have to go and sign on - seems to keep them happy.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Another thing to remember about Universal Jobmatch is that even if you apply for a job you find by searching on there, chances are it won't show up in your activity history so you have to manually enter the job into your activity history which all but defeats the point.

Exactly, at least where I am, very very very few jobs on Universal Jobmatch actually go through the site, most send you to places like CV Library, Indeed, Reed and places like that which obviously don't register your application on Universal Jobmatch.

WHICH YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST USE AS PART OF YOUR JOB SEEKERS AGREEMENT!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jack the Lad posted:

It's crucial to note that you are not obliged to (and shouldn't) give anyone access to your Universal Jobmatch account.

Also, Universal Automation is a Chrome browser extension that automatically searches and applies for jobs on Universal Jobmatch.

Giving this a whirl just for giggles.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Wikipedia.org posted:

He once got into an online squabble with actor Stephen Fry while a student at Cambridge.

Hasn't everyone?!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Corbyn is saying 'Hello horses, I think it would be a good idea if we went to the water for a drink, but only if most of you agree to do it. Otherwise, we'll do whatever the majority of you have agreed upon. Don't expect me to agree with you, though'.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

MrL_JaKiri posted:

They're

It's because there was a guy of chinese ethnicity playing for the West Indies back in the 1920's (I think) who got someone stumped while bowling left arm unorthodox. Said English player said "Fancy being done by a bloody Chinaman!" to the umpire as he walked off, which thereafter became a term to describe the bowling rather than just being racist.

It was a Test Match played in 1933 according to Wikipedia:

quote:

In cricketing parlance, the word "chinaman" is used to describe the stock delivery of a left-arm "unorthodox" spin bowler (though some reserve it for the googly delivery [1]). The name has its origins in a Test match played between the West Indies and England at Old Trafford, Manchester, in the year 1933. Elliss "Puss" Achong, a player of Chinese origin, was a left-arm orthodox spinner, playing for the West Indies at the time. According to folklore, Achong is said to have had Walter Robins stumped off a surprise delivery that spun into the right-hander from outside the off stump. As he walked back to the pavilion, Robins said to the umpire, "fancy being done by a bloody Chinaman!",[1] leading to the popularity of the term in England, and subsequently, in the rest of the world.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Oberleutnant posted:

They're a metaphor for the state repression of individual liberty and freedom, pissflaps. Anarchists want a world where we're all as free as an empty packet of monster munch, floating wherever the breeze takes us. The litter bin represents thr suffocating and soul destroying nature of bourgeois society in which we are all trapped from cradle to grave by innumerable social, legal, and economic prisons. Smash the bin, smash the state.... the state of your mind, maaaaan.

What flavour of Monster Munch? This is important.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Oberleutnant posted:

Roast Beef imo

Fair enough, a good choice.

Guavanaut posted:

Salt and Vinegar. Because under an anarchist system of production why not? You have sodium acetate for flavoring the normal crisps, you have plain unflavored munches awaiting seasoning, anything is possible. gently caress the state.

I didn't know such a flavour of Monster Munch existed!

Perhaps with the latest news of anarchists setting fire to the firearms training place, Flamin' Hot Monster Munch would also be appropriate?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Gonzo McFee posted:

If Flaming Hot isn't your No 1 Monster Munch you may as well have given Gideon a rim job imo.

I tend to flip-flop between Flamin' Hot and Pickled Onion tbh.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pound_Coin posted:

Nice and spicy Nik Naks are better than all forms of monster munch.

I used to think this way, and then I ate Flamin' Hot, game changer I am telling you.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Not all Dead Goon's are arseholes.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Oberleutnant posted:

Thanks, that's a big help.

I'm surprised you didn't notice and indicate the fact somewhere in your post to be honest.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Wikipedia says that since the House of Lords Act 1999 was passed, only 92 out of over 800 Hereditary peers are allowed to sit in the House of Lords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereditary_peer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

OwlFancier posted:

What's "post left"?

Left wing without the lyrics and a kinda quiet, louder, louder dynamic about it?!

• Locked thread