Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

wiffle ball bat posted:

hi i think dos anjos is going to wrestlefuck cowboy to death

You shut your mouth, you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This week's news about Jon Jones comes as a relief because even if Bader beats Rashad, he's not going to get a title shot. Whoever is champion on October 27th, the day #Halo5 comes out, will face Jones in a rematch.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Rashad is worse than bader. Rashad could win every second of that fight, then win with a leaping 3 ninjas kick and still be the worst fighter in the history of the division

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

Rashad is worse than bader. Rashad could win every second of that fight, then win with a leaping 3 ninjas kick

This is probably going to happen tbh

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Rashad is worse than bader. Rashad could win every second of that fight, then win with a leaping 3 ninjas kick and still be the worst fighter in the history of the division

I think i've seen one maybe two of his fights, is he really that boring?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

canada jezus posted:

Rashad is something far worse than boring. He has done enough cool things to make people feel that it's worth their whiles to watch, but more often than not he does nothing to win other than control his opponent.

Ugh. I just agreed with Thiago Silva on an issue. I feel so dirty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rashad Evans Brand™

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

canada jezus posted:

He's had 6 atrociously bad fights that are some of the worst fights of all time (Tito 1, bisping, rampage, Davis, Jones, lil nog) , 2 merely very bad fights that would be one of the worst fights of their respective years (Henderson, Silva), 4 impressive victories over severely overmatched and chinny competition (Forrest, chuck, chael, and tito 2) and one good fight (losing severely to machida). His ufc career is inarguably one of the worst of all time, and I'm very interested if there is anyone else quite so bad

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Haha, i saw the machida fight and the chuck one. I didn't get why everyone was calling him terrible to watch.

Anyway i'm really looking forward to ufc 192, i semi Dread bader - rashad now though.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Somebody with a good Fight IQ(TM) tell me why Gustaffason will lose. I've only seen his recent card appearances, and he looked solid to me. Not that DC isn't, but I'm stupid.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

evil spiff posted:

Somebody with a good Fight IQ(TM) tell me why Gustaffason will lose. I've only seen his recent card appearances, and he looked solid to me. Not that DC isn't, but I'm stupid.

Some good old wrestlefuckng delivered by a former Olympian.
Gets hit a lot in his fights,so much that his last appearance was a crushing defeat in front of half the population of sweden.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 2, 2015

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

evil spiff posted:

Well he considered retirement after getting thrashed in front of 30,000 of his countrymen for starters. He might be mentally checked out.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'd say it's first an issue of range. If standing, Gus has all the advantage because he can hit DC and there won't be much DC can do about it.

Secondly, DC is smart enough to know this and not try to beat Gus in a kickboxing feat. So he will either try to Randy them against the cage or wrestlefuck/GNP him on the ground.

So the fight becomes "wrestle" versus "don't wrestle" and DC is a much better wrestler than Gus is.

Also the size discrepancy in height makes it a lot easier for the smaller guy to wrestle the bigger guy (assuming the same weight class).

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

TheReverend posted:

Also the size discrepancy in height makes it a lot easier for the smaller guy to wrestle the bigger guy (assuming the same weight class).

i dont know about that

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Hendricks vs Woodley is off the card due to Hendricks weight cut issues. - @danawhite

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

evil spiff posted:

Mentally weak, gets hit a lot and is often controlled on the ground. The only thing he's really got on DC is range and DC didn't have too much trouble getting in on Jones. He may not have the power of Rumble but he's still going to tag Gus quite a bit before bringing him down to the ground.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

acai moonsault posted:

Hendricks vs Woodley is off the card due to Hendricks weight cut issues. - @danawhite

hahaha are you loving serious, kick Hendricks out of the goddamn division.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

acai moonsault posted:

the biggest nothing in the WW division

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

acai moonsault posted:

gently caress this dumb earth

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

it's probably gonna happen more with the IV ban in effect. also please change topic title to "The Bigg Nothing"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheReverend posted:

So the fight becomes "wrestle" versus "don't wrestle" and DC is a much better wrestler than Gus is.

I mean, this is probably true, but if you look at their respective performances against Jones I don't think it's as big a slam dunk as people are assuming.

quote:

Nope

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Hendricks was interviewed yesterday and said he was 183-184, and that he was confident that he'd make weight.

Welp,

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Reports saying Hendricks had to be rushed to the ER and given an IV.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Northjayhawk posted:

Reports saying Hendricks had to be rushed to the ER and given an IV.

quote:

According to Hendricks' manager Ted Ehrhardt, Hendricks suffered a blockage in his intestine last night while cutting weight, as well as a kidney stone. He was rushed to the emergency room and had to be given an IV.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The blockage was a lovely steak.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It's pretty telling that rashads only highlights in like 15 years are the head kick on Sean salmon and grabbing his dick after Forrest punched his arms a bunch.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Someone who knows more about bodies than me, are these complications due to his bad dietary/weight cutting habits or is it surprisingly unfortunate? I know the sorts of poo poo that cause kidney stones but "intestinal blockage" is vague to me.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Lil Nog jabbed Rashad, and Rashad was so befuddled that he didn't do anything at all for the entire fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's pretty telling that rashads only highlights in like 15 years are the head kick on Sean salmon and grabbing his dick after Forrest punched his arms a bunch.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

gently caress Johnny Hendricks.

EDIT: I hope he's okay and all but if this is a case of him just getting fat between fights again then that is ridiculous.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

I'm not overly fond of Rashad these days either but there is no doubt that this was badass

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

acai moonsault posted:

I'm trying not to laugh and failing.

good thing he didn't get a title shot.

Sad to see Woodley not fight, was really excited for that co-main.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 2, 2015

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i really like watching woodley fight and i like to watch hendricks punch like a drunk guy in a bar so i'm pretty disappointed

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

i dont know about that

i mean, somewhat true if there weren't puches, kicks, knees, elbows, or trips from the clinch

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ditch posted:

Hendricks was interviewed yesterday and said he was 183-184, and that he was confident that he'd make weight.

Welp,

2 days to cut like 15 pounds. That is goddamn ridiculous.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

My mild dislike of johnny Hendricks has been entirely validated! Well maybe not, i mean a kidney stone is bad luck.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
also strict rules against timidity and a very small region in which to wrestle

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Someone who knows more about bodies than me, are these complications due to his bad dietary/weight cutting habits or is it surprisingly unfortunate? I know the sorts of poo poo that cause kidney stones but "intestinal blockage" is vague to me.

dehydration can lead to constipation, but so can eating terribly

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
taking down rampage seems a lot less impressive now than it did then, but that was still a cool combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If the UFC has been forcing fighters to change divisions for promotional reasons - Lineker, Gastelum - they should also start forcing fighters to change divisions for health (ethical) reasons.

Hendricks to 185. Everyone will be happier. For even though I don't like him, I don't want to hear that Johny Hendricks dies in an attempt to make weight.

• Locked thread