Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for September, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 19 14.50%
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 39 29.77%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 7 5.34%
:wotwot: Ethan Carter III (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 8 6.11%
:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 4 3.05%
:goku: Hirooki Goto (FORMER IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 1 0.76%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 14 10.69%
:chloe: THESE are the options? (None of the Above) 39 29.77%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

this is why the diva's title should be added #ThankYouSteph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

NienNunb posted:

It's a title on a developmental show, it's not a world title.

The lucha underground title is a tv title that is only ever promoted on the show itself

and besides that it's just a dumb forum poll, so why have that weird restriction if people want it on there?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

What does it mean, then, when the TNA title is being fought over almost exclusively by people who failed out of that system

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

When does the GFW title get added?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

What does it mean, then, when the TNA title is being fought over almost exclusively by people who failed out of that system

I agree, the TNA title shouldn't be on there either.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

TNA may not have any new content outside of BFG this month

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hace posted:

The lucha underground title is a tv title that is only ever promoted on the show itself

and besides that it's just a dumb forum poll, so why have that weird restriction if people want it on there?

lucha underground isn't a division of any larger company and is nationally broadcast and acquirable by nearly all cable television companies with a big business owner.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
So what

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hace posted:

So what

The poll is for titles that promotions treat as top belts. The NXT Women's Title is not one.

If you want to create a separate poll for best third-tier champion, there is nobody stopping you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This poll is for best champion. This month, Bayley was the best champion.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Great White Hope posted:

The poll is for titles that promotions treat as top belts. The NXT Women's Title is not one.

If you want to create a separate poll for best third-tier champion, there is nobody stopping you.

Was the ECW belt that well regarded?

e: w/e who cares

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hace posted:

Was the ECW belt that well regarded?

Late in ECW's life, Mark Henry came not long off losing the ECW Title to squash the WWE Champion, pinning him clean 1-2-3.

The NXT Women's Champion's not long ago debuted on the main roster by getting beaten in ~2 minutes by Natalya, and the #1 contender for the NXT Women's title right now got crushed by Paige (who was at the time the #3 Diva) in about 2 minutes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would love to vote for Bayley or Finn, but NXT is (at the moment at least) still "just" a developmental territory for WWE.

HulkaMatt posted:

I noted last month that after the October poll TNA will probably be removed from the polls, unless something extraordinary happens and they somehow get a new television deal.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What did Bayley even do in September?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

RaceyBucket posted:

What did Bayley even do in September?

Nothing, I still wouldn't vote for her haha

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

I would love to vote for Bayley or Finn, but NXT is (at the moment at least) still "just" a developmental territory for WWE.

Still more prestigious than TNA.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Mukaikubo posted:

voting none of the above for the first time in a while

same and for the exact same reason

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

someone notify hunter

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

someone notify hunter

He knows. That's why they don't pay the talent based on the gate

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Voted New Day

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
If TNA is up there I demand that you also put Matt The Bulldozer Tremont up there as an option as he is now the CZW champ
tia

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Voted Shingo. His defense coming up on Sunday against DON loving FUJII is going to be amazing.

and now i duck out of this thread because the what is a championship/what isn't wasn't a fun argument in february, and it's not fun now.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Remember when CM Punk was an option one time even though he wasn't champion of anything that month and everyone still voted for him?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mukaikubo posted:

voting none of the above for the first time in a while

If she's not in next month's poll it's a travesty. Main eventing a PPV in an Ironman match should count for our arbitrary wrestlemans criteria opinion poll.

NienNunb posted:

Not according to WWE: https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/648707789389434880

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Every month this thread devolves into who should be included so I don't know why you just don't include everyone you conceivably can. I guess that would be way more of a pain in the rear end for the creator but who honestly gives a poo poo about the world title designation at this point, if the majority of PSP wants to think that the Vaudevillains' title run is the most prestigious in the world at present then they should be PSP's champion

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don't negotiate with terrorists, Jerusalem!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's why None of the Above exists (and is a viable option that WILL be counted if it wins) - it serves as a representation that all the major champions of various promotions for a given month were so unremarkable/bad as to have been rejected in favor of the "Somebody else/none of these guys" option.

This month is sadly just a particularly poor field, because all of the top guys short of maybe Jay Lethal seem to be considered to have had nothing much to recommend them this time around.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Voted for Suzuki even though NOAH is just basically NJPW Developmental at this point

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

It's why None of the Above exists (and is a viable option that WILL be counted if it wins) - it serves as a representation that all the major champions of various promotions for a given month were so unremarkable/bad as to have been rejected in favor of the "Somebody else/none of these guys" option.

This month is sadly just a particularly poor field, because all of the top guys short of maybe Jay Lethal seem to be considered to have had nothing much to recommend them this time around.

It's a weird part of the summer and fall. I remember last year having similar problems. LU went dark, NJPW is booking towards KOPW. WWE is WWE. DG just got done with their last tournament. It'll pick up in October.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

HulkaMatt posted:

Also the Observer stopped recognizing the TNA title as a world title months ago.

oatgan posted:

Take TNA off the poll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I already said last month I was going to!

Jerusalem posted:

Once we've gone a calendar month without TNA having television, I'll take it off the poll as well regardless of if they're continuing to do tapings/house shows etc. If they get themselves a new TV deal somehow, it'll remain/return.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I believe this should be the last day before the poll closes, remember to vote if you haven't, even if it is purely for a "none of the above" option.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
All you people who voted Seth, care to explain yourselves?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

81sidewinder posted:

Vs. Sting is the best match that any of the candidates had during the year along with a good match with Cena.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

81sidewinder posted:

He ended Sting's carreer so the latter won't have to job in the WWE anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well the poll is closed and it is a draw between "One of these guys" and "None of these guys" - my first reaction was to favor the "one of these guys" option but I think that would downplay how justifiably disappointed so many were with the "top" champs in September.

Hopefully October is better!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 6, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm excited to vote "None of these guys" next month, as I will continue to do until Bayley loses the belt, god bless

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine if the 8 people who voted for EC3 hadn't wasted their votes

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i voted for shingo!

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine if everyone who actually voted for someone on the poll hadn't wasted their votes

• Locked thread