Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Ambrose Burnside posted:

piketty dismisses marxism out of hand and then later admits he has not read any marx and doesnt actually really understand what marxism or materialist analyses are. gently caress that busta

Well he probably hasn't read ricardo either. Just seems expedient to ignore old theories based on outmoded forms of consumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

becrumbac posted:

should just read paul krugmans blog. it's free and says the same things

Or you could just play a round of monopoly

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Can someone give me a rundown on his theory please, tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_SdUvMBUc

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

a dog from hell posted:

What's the point of reading these books unless you're involved with the economy? I work in retail and I generally don't seek out comprehensive texts on heart surgery.

Mostly to project an air of intellectualism in your facebook arguments

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It could be argued that people who put substantial time and effort into studying social problems, while having only a minimal chance of contributing measurably to the solutions, are freaks. And their thinking may be influenced by propaganda more than they realize or would like to admit

• Locked thread