Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Quote-Unquote posted:

just read kapital like a normal goon

yeah there's no way this scrub is better than Marx, read the original!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ambrose Burnside posted:

piketty dismisses marxism out of hand and then later admits he has not read any marx and doesnt actually really understand what marxism or materialist analyses are. gently caress that busta

if he didn't do that then no one would take him seriously. not understanding Marxism, and dismissing it out of hand as a "failed system" is the default stance you have to take in academia. i have never seen anyone critique Marx without talking in absurd generalities that betray their lack of knowledge

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

i mean i wouldn't really pay any attention to that because the vast majority of economists are autistic manchildren who get all huffy that the world doesnt conform to their tismal econ mathematical models inspired by bird flock dynamics and the tidal patterns off the coast of hawaii.

economists are basically the modern form of the keepers of the sibylline prophecies

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

It's revealing that the "he hasn't read Marx!" complaint has nothing to do with the actual quality of Piketty's actual work. Apparently, Piketty has been able to do quite, quite well without having read Marx.

i havn't seen an bands of Pikettist revolutionaries storming state capitols, and redefining the agenda for the 21st century

• Locked thread