Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*makes dumb gay british joke*
:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
His performance is directly tied to the failure of jon stewart's lessons.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fargin Icehole posted:

His performance is directly tied to the failure of jon stewart's lessons.

added to my ignore list, bub

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
is anyone even remotely interested in the daily show with new guy from south africa

its like after the cast of snl when you were about 15 left and was replaced by a bunch of unfunny scmucks with contrived characters. in all honesty it's probably the same thing it always was, but it's just hard to give a poo poo about it.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

shiksa posted:

homophobes bad!

*internet rejoices*

transphobia is bad!

*internet a little more restrained*

women are often harassed on the internet!

*internet officially skeptical*

xenophobic europeans are bad!

*john oliver full revolt in effect*

lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

mdm posted:

*makes joke*

*shows funny clip*

*good time had by all*

just be happy hes not seth meyers

It still baffles me how that dude got his own show

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

im british oi i am

'ello 'ello 'ello!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

We were pretty good on that.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
i watched a bit of his show once, and he smirks/giggles at his own jokes so i stopped watching

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

duh, i'm some kind of man who is on television. look at me!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

shiksa posted:

is anyone even remotely interested in the daily show with new guy from south africa

its like after the cast of snl when you were about 15 left and was replaced by a bunch of unfunny scmucks with contrived characters. in all honesty it's probably the same thing it always was, but it's just hard to give a poo poo about it.

tds was bad even when stewart was the host

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
how does Seth Meyers still have his show

does anyone even watch it

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ThePriceIsRight posted:

john oliver is literally the jimmy fallon of satire news shows

he is probably not much funnier but he is definitely more important in terms of educating america through the glowing screens people refuse to look away from or are now unable to

and yeah seth meyers is another snl guy with a fake laugh and overly friendly and cool to everyone but with even less good guests lmao

least he doesnt have 80 shows worth of games about hitting the egg or the super soaker or the other kids game he forces his guest to do

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ThePriceIsRight posted:

john oliver is literally the jimmy fallon of satire news shows

p sure that would be jimmy fallon

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

TheIllestVillain posted:

tds was bad even when stewart was the host

hey TIV you dont have plat and i think you missed my post in the auspol thread, could you check it out : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=450866956

thanks

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

PUGGERNAUT posted:

how does Seth Meyers still have his show

does anyone even watch it

lorne michaels does and thats all that matters apparently

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

Nooope

If it's still running in a year and not total poo poo I'll check it out. Even if this guy turned out to be gold (and I doubt it), it'll take him that long to find his footing anyway.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kuato posted:

sorry about your thread

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

the bugle....

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Ooh look at me! I'm on HBO! I can stay anything as long as its pro-capitalism.

Ooh shame on you! Shame on you! You're a bad capitalist! Bad! Stop that! Be a good capitalist! Capitalism is good but you are bad!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
John Oliver isn't very funny

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 1, 2015

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
If I'm reading this, I just want me to know those stupid outbursts are no longer funny, way too predictable, way way too long, and make me uncomfortable. Also, I don't understand many of the references anyway. Sorry I don't watch Game of Thrones.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 1, 2015

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
OP didnt say "to be fair"
voted 1

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

john oliver is a nobody in the UK so he's like those weird z-list american "celebrities" who are insanely popular in japan for some reason like bob sapp

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

The Brown Menace posted:

john oliver is a nobody in the UK so he's like those weird z-list american "celebrities" who are insanely popular in japan for some reason like bob sapp

Or Rich Little.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The one good thing about John Oliver is that you watch one episode and you've seen them all. Really saves a lot of time.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
when john oliver talks it sounds like they have got another british person to dub over his voice

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My hands look like spiders

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
*highlights another corporate injustice*

*advocates for political action*

*never implicates capitalism*

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Well at LEAST I'm not goddamn Larry Wilmore.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Horniest Manticore posted:

*is british and smug, but at least isn't stephen loving fry*

stephen fry is a jewel of a man and you should feel privileged to be able to see him :colbert:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh come on John Oliver is at least OK

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yesterdays episode:
"This topic is the most important information that Americans need to know. How are we not up in arms! How can we still let this happen! We must fix this now!"

todays episode:
"This topic is the most important information that Americans need to know. How are we not up in arms! How can we still let this happen! We must fix this now!. But if you want to get upset about yesterdays thing and get all preachy on facebook, here's the youtube link"

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hi i'm john oliver

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

deep impact on vhs posted:

hi i'm john oliver

Same

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
americans gettin all salty at the british man pointing out how bad their country is

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

deep impact on vhs posted:

hi i'm john oliver

hi john. i'm john oliver.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
No, it's actually me

*puts glasses back on*

See?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

shiksa posted:

nope. they didn't even try to ease him in with side skits well Stewart was still around, and pulling in the ratings. that tells me they expect him to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Rutibex posted:

nope. they didn't even try to ease him in with side skits well Stewart was still around, and pulling in the ratings. that tells me they expect him to fail.

they really gave the new guy a very softball show opening. The Pope and John Boehner, low hanging fruit. I don't know what that is supposed to mean. plus an interview with Kevin Hart where he managed to talk over him the entire time.

plus I thought it was really sweet that Hart brought him ties and Trevor didn't loving care. wtf?

• Locked thread