Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/u...WT.nav=top-news

quote:

Aides to Mr. Biden did not comment. And Clinton aides, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing strategy in public, said that the effort to mobilize Democrats behind her was a natural progression of her candidacy, and unrelated to any potential challenger.

But several Democrats who have been in close contact with the campaign say they see a new sense of seriousness among her advisers about the prospect of a Biden candidacy. Mrs. Clinton’s team has been adamant that they are not behind efforts to draw negative attention to Mr. Biden, or to do anything to pressure him.

Bunch of anonymous sources trying to craft a narrative. Same dumb poo poo that the Times has been pulling for a while now. I don't really understand their angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Oh, right. That's been a pretty longstanding thing.

The thing is... does nobody remember that Biden already ran for the presidency a few times? Recently? And people weren't crazy about it? He's a good VP because he knows how to get around from his decades in the Senate and is pretty genial, but he's got skeletons up the wazoo and his policy positions didn't grab people. It's just... we need another warm body in this thing! Horse race horse race horse race!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
You forgot the 'J' and 'e' around the 'O' there.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Lessail posted:

"Gun control is the same as abortion restrictions"

:yikes:

You can't kill'em inside but once they're out, blast away!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

“The reality is the U.S. dropped those bombs. The U.S. hit a huge hospital full of wounded patients and M.S.F. staff,” his statement continued, referring to the group by the initials of its French name, Médecins Sans Frontières. “The U.S. military remains responsible for the targets it hits, even though it is part of a coalition. There can be no justification for this horrible attack. With such constant discrepancies in the U.S. and Afghan accounts of what happened, the need for a full transparent independent investigation is ever more critical.”

Which part of that quote answered the question?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Phone posted:

I actually laughed out loud at the "The shooter can only shoot one person at a time, he cannot shoot a group of people" line.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Talmonis posted:

So what happens if (when), in one of these "Open Carry Campuses" two drunken college hicks draw down on each other over perceived slights? Or worse, the inevitable unarmed black guy being shot for startling one?

"The river of freedom must occasionally be refreshed with the blood of innocents."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

William Bear posted:

I figure eventually the Benghazi Committee will end. Will it be on the last day of President Hillary's term? After she's dead? When the Clinton name is forgotten to the depths of history?

"Legend speaks of the ancient fortress BenGaySee, where the most vielest of rats did dwell..."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
But what if someone brings a cake to the pie fight? This is just more government oppression!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
That's why there's all those lines in the Bible of people asking Jesus why he's so white.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Good thing there's no important work that the House needs to get done or we'd really be in a pickle!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

You guys need to lay of Gowdy, he's been having a rough time.

So he's basically saying, feel free to punch me in the face, it won't bother me at all.

Good to know!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why does the NYT have such a hardon for the Clintons?

They don't. At all.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Which is why it's pretty baffling why Ryan is going ahead with his bid. There is no way it will go well for him; if anyone thought he might have some intelligence, that's been disproven.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

He did not agree to those terms - but they didn't agree to his either.

But he's moving forward as if they had agreed to his terms. For somebody who acted so reluctant to take the job and struck a firm line on what he needed from them to even consider running, it's an incredible amount of backpedaling and pretending on his part. He wanted the Republicans to unify behind him - that didn't happen (Tortilla-wise.) He's going to be stabbed in the back when he actually has to do work (as anyone would be, as reality demands) and should have seen it coming the whole way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yet another Speaker searching for the D. Him and Hastert should get together.

• Locked thread