Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I have several friends in private equity and hedge funds. They are making north of seven figures a year whereas I make 185k. For work, I get placed at hyatt hotels. They get flown in first class, have arranged-for car service, and get put up at $600+ / ni hotels. Where I'm trying to buy a place for 750k, they are looking at places north of 2.5M.

gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Kill them, then yourself. :jihad:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Maybe you should have picked a job you were actually good at OP

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
bootstraps son

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

START YOUR OWN DICK SUCKING EMPIRE

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hey OP my diamond shoes are too tight, please advise

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

bootstraps son

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

I have several friends in private equity and hedge funds. They are making north of seven figures a year whereas I make 185k. For work, I get placed at hyatt hotels. They get flown in first class, have arranged-for car service, and get put up at $600+ / ni hotels. Where I'm trying to buy a place for 750k, they are looking at places north of 2.5M.

gently caress me.

You the guy posting that anon confession about being rich?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
:qq: Help, I only make 3.5x the median household income :qq:

Obvious answer is to get better (poorer?) friends.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

OP fictional folk hero Patrick Bateman had some really good ideas when it comes to the rich

Also

Vorik posted:

START YOUR OWN DICK SUCKING EMPIRE

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Scyantific posted:

You the guy posting that anon confession about being rich?

No. 185k isnt rich. Half goes to taxes, and cost of living is ridiculous.

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

African AIDS cum posted:

So assuming this is true, that's 92.5k. That's a very livable sum of money. Just put all that money into the lottery OP. Once you hit you can throw all those millions in your friends faces.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

African AIDS cum posted:

gently caress me.

You really are hosed. In about 1.5 -2 years your friends will "retire" with phat bank. Some will head off to the bahamas or some other tax shelter paradise while others that still smell blood in the water will slide over into managing positions or consulting gigs. You? You'll still be plugging away for some Yuppie who won't loving retire and die already.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

You really are hosed. In about 1.5 -2 years your friends will "retire" with phat bank. Some will head off to the bahamas or some other tax shelter paradise while others that still smell blood in the water will slide over into managing positions or consulting gigs. You? You'll still be plugging away for some Yuppie who won't loving retire and die already.

P.s. you need to start a coke habit.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

If they can do it, so can you. I believe in you OP.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I know. I'm happy for them but wish I was the same way.

ScarTheKiller posted:

So assuming this is true, that's 92.5k. That's a very livable sum of money. Just put all that money into the lottery OP. Once you hit you can throw all those millions in your friends faces.

After paying for a house in a safe neighborhood, and private schools, I'm basically below the poverty level. All that grinding and striving for this life and I'm no bettr off than a garbageman. What a sham.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

African AIDS cum posted:

After paying for a house in a safe neighborhood, and private schools, I'm basically below the poverty level. All that grinding and striving for this life and I'm no bettr off than a garbageman. What a sham.

Word of advice. When you get that third mortgage on your house (and you will) to pay to live above your means, you can totally default with only a minor hit to your credit. Trump went bankrupt several times..it's a mark of respect in the world.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Marry one of your rich friends and take some of their money

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Word of advice. When you get that third mortgage on your house (and you will) to pay to live above your means, you can totally default with only a minor hit to your credit. Trump went bankrupt several times..it's a mark of respect in the world.

I'm not stupid. I have a very high IQ. I am not living beyond my means, if I did I'd have a boat and an Audi and go on ski trips and a nanny.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

God bless you OP

Can you work the word ''thug'' into future posts tia

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm not stupid. I have a very high IQ. I am not living beyond my means, if I did I'd have a boat and an Audi and go on ski trips and a nanny.

Ok this is eerie. I was making a joke because my step-brother did everything I said because he did everything you said. He also has a very high IQ, he also had a hot wife with very expensive tastes. They are divorced now and he's living at home with basically a pair of boxers to his name. But hey, at least he still has his job!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ok this is eerie. I was making a joke because my step-brother did everything I said because he did everything you said. He also has a very high IQ, he also had a hot wife with very expensive tastes. They are divorced now and he's living at home with basically a pair of boxers to his name. But hey, at least he still has his job!

Please don't project your issues and insecurities onto me. I'm an individual person. Not a strawman.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

African AIDS cum posted:

Please don't project your issues and insecurities onto me. I'm an individual person. Not a strawman.

Your right. I'm sorry. I never meant to imply that you had a hot wife. :(

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Zartosht posted:

Kill them, then yourself. :jihad:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I post here for advice or maybe some empathy, not to be bombarded with 1 liners and weak predictable burns. I've said nothing hostile to any of you.

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...
Buy a pack of cheap smokes, eat a microwaved cheeseburger and ride the greyhound. That'll give you some perspective OP.

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

African AIDS cum posted:

I post here for advice or maybe some empathy, not to be bombarded with 1 liners and weak predictable burns. I've said nothing hostile to any of you.

Empathy for someone complaining about making a measly 185k a year. Yeah good luck with that!

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh no you make enough money to live comfortably i feel so bad for you lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Get a second job OP. Maybe you can hit 200k per

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Not too long ago I was in your shoes but thankfully I was able to improve my lot. With a bit of moxie and a can-do attitude, you can achieve beyond your wildest dreams. Though uhh, why not interview at one of those hedge funds or PE firms?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Where do you live that $92k is poor man's money for a good neighborhood.

Do you live in the really snooty rich part of New York (as opposed to the regular part lol) or something?

Also, as above poster said, why are you not also working in hedge funds or private equity if your fiat is so important to you?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Irrational Bees posted:

Oh no you make enough money to live comfortably i feel so bad for you lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

African AIDS cum posted:

If you can't live off of 185k then you are really really bad with money.

Blerick
Apr 13, 2009

I feel sorry for african aids cum

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

African AIDS cum posted:

Either that's some grade A trolling or you desperately need some perspective

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

SarutosZero posted:

Marry one of your rich friends and take some of their money

Interesting. I was going to suggest having a baby and then humble bragging all over the joint about how your priorities have changed, guys, and wow, I never knew love and my genes will live forever.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I feel bad for you aac. It was rough living before I hit that first 500k. Have you asked your buddies for investment advice?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I feel as though E/N has been exceptionally gullible lately.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Have you even TRIED a gofundme page yet? Are you even TRYING to keep up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Not too long ago I was in your shoes but thankfully I was able to improve my lot. With a bit of moxie and a can-do attitude, you can achieve beyond your wildest dreams. Though uhh, why not interview at one of those hedge funds or PE firms?

Should I try to go back to school and get a MBA?

• Locked thread