Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darkness falls across the land
The midnite hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighbourhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpse's shell
The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the..

Welcome one and all, to the official :ghost: Scream Scream :ghost: thread for this October. What started as a way to celebrate Halloween with a few online friends has grown into a yearly tradition that you're more than welcome to partake in. If you love horror movies and the season of the witch even half as much as I do, or if you just want to hang out with some goons and watch movies this October, you'll fit right in. Now, let me explain how this works.

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of October, at 8:30 EST, I'll be streaming two horror films a night, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The stream is hosted on this Ustream channel, and sometimes here when Ustream decides it wants to suck. That's a minimum of 24 horror films for the whole of the month, a worthwhile celebration of the best of all holidays.

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be "Modern Horror." I'll be showing spooky films made in 2000 or later. No remakes allowed! We're going to be watching original works that you might've missed due to all the remakes dominating the headlines.

I haven't seen every movie that I'll be showing, so even I may end up surprised at a great (or terrible) movie I end up streaming. I won't spoil what we're going to be watching, but I will say that the Paranormal Activity series will not be making an appearance. What a shame.

Pictured above: me preparing to reply to posts by Paranormal Activity fans.

But the fun of the Scream Stream doesn't just stop at watching awesome horror movies with cool and handsome people! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza that will be delivered on the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details. Here are some of last year's satisfied winners:

I just want to say that I love Halloween, I love horror movies, and it's my pleasure to host this stream. Last year was a ton of fun, and hopefully this year will be even better! Keep an eye on this thread for updates about the lineups and any last minute changes that might happen. Let's all watch some movies, post about the movies and have a... :spooky: bloody good time! :spooky:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So this post is a walk down memory lane. This is the third Scream Stream, and while the first one was a small affair (with the theme of "Family-Friendly Horror"), last year's was a bit bigger, with the theme of Horror Sequels. Here's what we all watched!

And here's last year's Scream Stream opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM 3 MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we've watched so far this month!

1408 (Theatrical cut)

Final Destination

I am Legend

Slither

Shadow of the Vampire

Drag Me To Hell

Ginger Snaps

The Lords of Salem

Monster House

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Let The Right One In

The Cabin In The Woods

Secret Window

30 Days of Night

The Babadook

Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead

Coraline

The Descent

Bug

The Conjuring

Frailty

You're Next

American Psycho

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

It Follows

Excision

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 31, 2015

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm so glad I'm not bartending weekend nights anymore. I had a heavy heart every time I went off to work last October because I knew I was missing this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This is a lot of fun and everyone needs to check it out.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Last year I did a horrible job with keeping up with my horror challenge AND I didn't tune into any Scream Streams, so I hope to do a lot better this October. Can't wait to see what you've got planned.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
A few times last year I got too drunk on a Saturday night and fell asleep before the second movie of the double feature. I will try to rectify that this year but I probably won't.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Oh man, this is gonna be so baller. I'm a scream stream virgin, and will be using it as a supplemental to the horror movie challenge, meaning I won't count these films as part of films I will be watching. So much horror! It's been too long since I basked in so much horror!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yes! :toot:

Now is the season of evil.....

As of 3 days ago I'm trying not to drink, which is what I do when I watch movies (and everything else :smith:), so this should be a challenge. I hope I learn to just enjoy the movies while chatting with terrible goons again.

This should be fun!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

loving stoked, I loved last years!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yay! :neckbeard: last year I caught about half of these streams and they were SO much fun. Mockking the bad stuff, getting scholarrly with the good. Hanging out. Was it halloween itself where everyone was a winner and we had a pizza party? Good times. Definitely will parrticipate this year. :spooky:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Yay! :neckbeard: last year I caught about half of these streams and they were SO much fun. Mockking the bad stuff, getting scholarrly with the good. Hanging out. Was it halloween itself where everyone was a winner and we had a pizza party? Good times. Definitely will parrticipate this year. :spooky:

That was the week-end before Halloween. For those who missed it, a friend of mine decided to donate a crazy amount to the raffle, meaning I had enough dough to buy everyone a pizza. I make absolutely no guarantees of anything like that happening this year, but the Scream Stream is an unpredictable beast.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
So does the scream streamers chat in-window or do they like to voice chat?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So does the scream streamers chat in-window or do they like to voice chat?

In-window. I'm not gonna be talking over movies like some kind unfunny Rifftraxer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wish I had a ustream app for my TV. I have an old spare laptop that I could hook it up to if I want though. I think I might sign up for ustream this time so you guys know who is making GBS threads all over the movies and can boo me in this thread.

I'm excited.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dang im gonna miss out on fridays so no pizza for me but im down for sat/sun

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?
Yay! It's the most wonderful time of the year! Thank you for running this, Lurdiak. I can't wait.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I still live so far in the middle of nowhere that no pizza place delivers here. I do have a new exciting (and well paying) mon-fri job, so I should be able to make most shows and even pitch in a few bucks for the heck of it.

Oh, and I love you.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
I'll have to try and make few Sat/Sun shows. I missed the boat on previous years and I'm behind on a lot of flicks post-2000.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The post-2000 thing is actually really interesting, it actually makes it even harder somehow to predict what we'll be watching. I'm hoping for The Ruins!

Also the majority of my personal Halloweenathon is pre-1990 so this is a good addition to that stuff.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, it's the category I'm least experienced in, so there will likely be a lot that count for my challenge played.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'll join in as much as I can manage alongside my October marathon thing.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
I was just thinking today about how much I liked last year's stream.

Lurdiak, you're the best. I set aside some money for a donation this year.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Would I be able to stream uplay through my PS4?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I caught the TCM3/Puppetmaster 3 showing last year; I'll try to catch a few more of these when I can! Certainly helps pad out my Movie Challenge list (and gets me out of my comfort zone too).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

Beginning at 8:30 EST, Friday's features are...

1408 (Theatrical cut)

and...

Final Destination

Tonight is also your chance to enter the raffle and win...

Be there!

... I have a feeling that this year is going to feature a lot more lovely posters than last year.

Basebf555 posted:

The post-2000 thing is actually really interesting, it actually makes it even harder somehow to predict what we'll be watching. I'm hoping for The Ruins!

Also the majority of my personal Halloweenathon is pre-1990 so this is a good addition to that stuff.

I feel like there was a dry spell in memorable quality horror in the post-2000s, with a ton of remakes and some movies like Saw that some people might not consider legitimate horror films. Nothing as iconic as the Hammer and Universal horror era or the inescapable 80s slashers. But that doesn't mean there wasn't good stuff, especially in the past couple years with the indie renaissance!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Oh, and I love you.

Rivarz posted:

I was just thinking today about how much I liked last year's stream.

Lurdiak, you're the best. I set aside some money for a donation this year.

Namirsolo posted:

Yay! It's the most wonderful time of the year! Thank you for running this, Lurdiak. I can't wait.

Aww, y'all are gonna make me blush.

Watrick posted:

Would I be able to stream uplay through my PS4?

You can stream to Ustream from your PS4, so I don't see why the reverse wouldn't work.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 2, 2015

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

... I have a feeling that this year is going to feature a lot more lovely posters than last year.

woah calling me out already

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in Korea, so 8:30PM EST should be... 9:30 AM on Saturday morning! I'll try to join you guys for some streams!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wish I had a ustream app for my TV. I have an old spare laptop that I could hook it up to if I want though. I think I might sign up for ustream this time so you guys know who is making GBS threads all over the movies and can boo me in this thread.

I'm excited.

Get a Chromecast, I'm planning on using mine for this adventure

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oooooooo I love 1408. I saw Final Destination in the theater when I was a lot younger and remember it freaking me out. My horrible anxiety disorder probably didn't help. That was a good movie at the time. Unfortunately, I just invited my sister and nephew over for dinner at 6:00 CST. I hope they eat and get the gently caress out of here quickly (they won't) because this is a good start.

Edit - well poo poo, now they want to watch it as well. I'll hook my spare laptop up and stream it from there as a guest and then chat from this computer. I said I can't guarantee the uh... lack of tact that might be displayed. She said she doesn't mind the "gooniness" (her words) and will embrace it. I have a feeling my 14 year old nephew will learn some new words and concepts tonight.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 2, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Right, you guys know what to do now. Nothing but dick jokes all night long.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live in 10 minutes!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I've never done this before, how do we communicate? Here or voice chat?

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

Watrick posted:

I've never done this before, how do we communicate? Here or voice chat?

We use the built-in Ustream chat.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
This is cool, and if you're not in it, you should be.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Scorecard for tonight

Rating: 7 skulls out of 10
Most Interesting Aspect: Broadly, the camerawork. Specifically, the fast pans with slightly tilted angles that build disorientation very effectively when Cusack is beginning to take the room seriously

Final Destination
Rating: 3 skulls out of 10
Most Interesting Aspect: A cryptic, extremely ominous message left for our protagonist, reading "Todd"

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Because you went to bed too early we will never know how many skulls go to immortality tupperware or sexbots that do/do not fear death.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I hope later in the month we see the sequel to the sexbot story that Lurdiak claimed existed.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

If that's the sexbot story from The Outer Limits, it's garbage.

Just like most of the Outer Limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

Jenny Angel posted:

Scorecard for tonight

Rating: 7 skulls out of 10
Most Interesting Aspect: Broadly, the camerawork. Specifically, the fast pans with slightly tilted angles that build disorientation very effectively when Cusack is beginning to take the room seriously

Final Destination
Rating: 3 skulls out of 10
Most Interesting Aspect: A cryptic, extremely ominous message left for our protagonist, reading "Todd"

Actually, that message only said "Tod", which made me wonder why death can't spell.

• Locked thread