Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Super Mario World (SNES) doesn't hold up.

It should have gone Mario Bro's 3 > All Stars > Mario 64. Whilst I'm on my rant, Mario Bros 2 wasn't even a proper Mario game. It was a FAKE! A marketed turd from a Japanese game.

All Stars was the best 16bit Mario game by far.

CoolCat out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I accept this.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Stringbean posted:

I accept this.

A wise string bean.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I disagree.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
While I accept your argument, I bring up Yoshi as a counterexample.

Only the most soulless person alive (and slowbeef) could dislike Yoshi.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What about Yoshi's Island though?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mario is Missing > Mario Teaches Typing > Mario Paint >>>> Mario Sunshine > Megaman Soccer

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow sorry about your crippling retardation op.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
op is a retard

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Shut up and go play Mario World you two bum boys, it's what you deserve.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

doesn't even matter because yoshi's island was the best

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game controls like poo poo 2

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

its lame until you never use the cape then its incredibly good, all stars version of 3 is the peak of the snes mario games though i agree

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I just finished my 96 exit playthrough the other day. Its so good, and op is a serious r-tard. THis is a gaming masterpiece

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Control Volume posted:

its lame until you never use the cape then its incredibly good, all stars version of 3 is the peak of the snes mario games though i agree

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm not a fan of the spin jump but Super Mario World is still the best Mario game. Best music, best artstyle, best levels.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Actually, OP, it does. Sorry about your brain damage.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
OP is not a coolcat at all

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I agree that SMB 3 was a better game than world.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

CoolCat posted:

It should have gone Mario Bro's 3 > All Stars > Mario 64. Whilst I'm on my rant, Mario Bros 2 wasn't even a proper Mario game. It was a FAKE! A marketed turd from a Japanese game.

By the way you loving retard, Doki Doki Panic was originally created as a Mario game and Miyamoto worked on it and then they decided not to make it a Mario game in Japan but then changed their minds and made it a Mario game in the US so it is actually a Mario game and a very good one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SMB2 USA is a better SMB2 than lost levels because it isn't a bad romhack of SMB

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Super Mario World is, indeed, garbage, especially compared to Yoshi's Island

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Martman posted:

Mario is Missing > Mario Teaches Typing > Mario Paint >>>> Mario Sunshine > Megaman Soccer

Where does Mario's Time Machine fit on this scale

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Martman posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot about Megaman Soccer

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

Motto posted:

SMB2 USA is a better SMB2 than lost levels because it isn't a bad romhack of SMB

The first time I played SMB2J I was like "thank god they didn't release this here, this is on par with "ULTRAJUMPSAFROMARIOZEROG.nes"

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

what happened to your cool avatar

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You're a real piece of poo poo, Cool Cat.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
debating whether smb3, smw, or yoshi's island is better is a huge waste of time because however you order them they're like the three best platformers ever made

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
All-Stars makes Mario 3 look like a lovely rom hack

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
whole lotta avs in this thread that I would have sex with

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

debating whether smb3, smw, or yoshi's island is better is a huge waste of time because however you order them they're like the three best platformers ever made

Yoshi's Island is kind of slow and the levels are long imho and it makes it less fun to replay but yeah basically you're right

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

get hosed OP

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Adam Bowen posted:

Yoshi's Island is kind of slow and the levels are long imho and it makes it less fun to replay but yeah basically you're right

THANK you

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

it's yoshi's island, just FYI

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

super mario rpg is the best rpg ever made

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts is definitely a better game. Contra 3, also.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

A lot of incorrect opinions here, from a lot of people I didn't even know existed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah

Matey posted:

super mario rpg is the best rpg ever made

yeah

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
super mario world is the most thematically coherent of the mario games. all of the other games are crazy - the best example of a game that isn't thematically coherent is mario 3, like they were obv. doing a lot of drugs and there's all sorts of poo poo in that game that makes no sense even though it was beloved (what the gently caress was going on in all the castle levels?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OP should be committed to the nearest asylum.

Yoshi's Island was pretty mediocre though, I can't dispute that.

• Locked thread