Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

i'm going to dress up as a giant pile of burning money

this may be the first accurate cosplay of star citizen

optionally as an email from chris roberts with all caps and a few assholes, cunts, and fuckholes in the subject line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

games has really gone downhill if nobody is gonna ice burn me for this, especially since it's actually true :wooper:

chie something something the pillow you made a hole in something something

you happy?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
and my vidyas are old but good. finally getting around to MH4U which is fun as hell and i plowed through the destiny expansion which had such modern inventions as "plot," "characters," "set pieces," and "fights that aren't just waves of enemies"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

quote:

"Games are not a professional environment by default, by their nature," CS4 said. "That's one of the great things about working on a game. But there are certain levels of unprofessionalism that you don't go beyond. Chris and Sandi made it part of their job to go beyond those levels."

the double edged sword of working on games

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Nasgate posted:

You mean she's like Zeus' headache?

Athena is her own sentient god, and does her own bidding.

Considered the wisest of the pantheon and even able to outwar Ares by not being stupid. She's sorta cool but also suffers Superman syndrome, making her less interesting.

What I'm saying is Chie is like Superman but less interesting for it. Also I will never get used to the creepy way current anime renders skinny girl legs.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The big difference between Ready Player One and Timecube is that the latter is actually worth reading for entertainment purposes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
gettin digi wit it

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

What are you talking about, this is on par with legend of mana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X42GIOfuYo

The art is pretty meh but TBP is a fun game

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

Didn't lost odyssey own though?

Yeah. Blue Dragon was a hot mess though. They did end up working on Last Story which was decent but nothing special.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
ME3 also had all the stuff around the Krogan home world which kicked rear end. It's just so stark how terrible the last third of the game is from every conceivable view point compared to the rest of the series.

Real hurthling! posted:

dsmart was right and now CIG and the escapist are having a leonard crabs internet standoff

dsmart is well-acquainted with the stench of failure

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Very much agreed. Keep in mind though they also shot themselves in the foot with all the 3G shenanigans too. The useless back touch pad and the GPS as well. The vita is a great piece of hardware with about a dozen huge reasons explaining why it didn't take off.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Dragon Age 3 was decent but basically it just started a new story in the same universe as opposed to being some big conclusion to the events started in the first game.

As for ME3 being doomed from the start, I don't really buy that. That's hindsight bias. It's 2/3 of a great game with that bad third just being an epic turd and eschewing themes and design principles used not only in the same series but the same game because of dev crunch and hubris.

I did enjoy that a few people at Bioware threw the lead under the bus about it, claiming he wrote the dead boy and conclusion bits and unilaterally forced them into production.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
There were some extra missions in ME3 depending on choices from earlier games and sizable story bits changed in some places but in terms of gameplay they just added up to WAR POINTS that ended up being a near complete wash anyway. It was almost surreal to see how much they poo poo the bed given the press lead up to ME3 emphasized how all your choices were going to super matter like for real. They couldn't even do well by the Ashley/Kaiden thing that was pretty risky but competently pulled off in 1/2.

I readily admit I'm the type to lap up flavor text and fluff but ME3 still only got that half right.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Sam and Max have better lefting though, you have to admit.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Pretty sure Wet Hot American Summer is just moving to a new medium

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
ME3 Citadel is good. Buy and play it to support the creation of good things.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

That is way too many unfunny words written about unfunny poo poo-tier marketing.

Sleeveless posted:

I got Skulls of the Shogun in a Humble Bundle, aside from the relatively clunky interface (it was a simultaneous Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows release and you can tell that it was made to work on touchscreens) it's a pretty solid SRPG if you're hurting.

It was also a free release on PSN and I think it's on iOS now too. A million ways to play an enjoyable if light SRPG.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Maybe it's because I wasn't a huge fan of the original sprite work to begin with but I never got the level of vitriol leveled at the mobile ports. It's not like they took Metal Slug and poo poo all over it. They took very low-complexity low-detail sprite work and replaced it with other low-complexity low-detail sprite work that looked a little less professional.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

icantfindaname posted:

it's nice to see some honest-to-god uncle moneybags republican talking points instead of the usual autistic libertarian permavirgin ones though, you have to admit

i admit that they both suck.

in other news, video games

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Broseph Brostar posted:

There's so many animes that deal with the effects of the war on Japan, you'd think they might mention the reasons why.

At least they don't turn the victims of their massacres into sports team mascots.

Not to mention, the US and other nations have created art and entertainment reflecting on the atrocities they've committed in war. Not every cop up, but we've done it. Still, Japan has nothing on nations like Turkey where it's illegal to talk about war crimes and ethnic cleansing because it's denigrating to the national image.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Great Joe posted:

Show me the internment camp movie and the TPAJAX movie.

I wanna watch them.

Didn't they make a movie adaptation of Snow Falling on Cedars?

E: yes they did. Apparently it was kinda eh though.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 9, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

I'm ok with dumb pointless plots in a fighting game but if you're gonna spend so much money and time on fukken cutscenes maybe something should actually happen in them.

some people are really into it apparently

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ulvir posted:

"hahaha a man has cancer and an estimated two to three years left to live. let's all make jokes about it". go shove that edgy sociopathic "humour" up your asses. loving christ

Goondolences

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Taint Reaper posted:

I did this and after megaman 3 I can't tell you what happened

Kept killing robots I would imagine. Speaking of which, I recently went through 1 and 2 again and forgot the "gently caress you" moments in the levels like the end of the appearing/disappearing platform in Heatman's world. That one in particular got me by such surprise I started laughing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
People deal with death a lot of ways, chill out

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Love Stole the Day posted:

Yeah, and when those people try to express their retarded ways of dealing with it, they will get shouted down by the people who aren't retarded (and rightfully so).

You can be sad that someone is dead or dying and still make jokes about it because it's an entirely natural way of coping and it's usually harmless.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
2, 3, and X are the really good ones. I'd forgotten that 1 didn't really age well until the recent play through and seeing all the boring stage design and that memorably terrible yellow golem fight.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Playing games on PC is fun, PC gamers are insufferable. This is the incontrovertible law of the land.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Taint Reaper posted:

impossible I've never posted pictures

Plastic boxes are a pointless waste of space. I make pretty rad forts out of my hundreds of empty cans of dew tyvm

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Chrome got worse about memory usage for a while because memory is now considered a cheap resource. Firefox is pretty stable now I guess. Anything is better than IE

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Unhappy Meal posted:

gently caress, there's no where else to post this "amazing" game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

Covering all your catpiss shut-in dream game needs for only :10bux:. There's no way it won't end in tears, but at least you can play for less than two hours ruin someone's day and get a refund.

I heard about this a while back. On one hand, lovely gimmick. On the other hand, if I play for an hour and die, it got more playtime than most of my steam library.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If you have a vita, Liberation is decent enough for Asscreed on the go.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If you start Bloodborne, you can say goodbye to Witcher 3 for a couple solid weeks.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

oh word? thought i heard it was bad but still wanted to check it out bc of the setting and actually playing a female assassin

It's no brotherhood but it plays well and I never ran into any bugs. If you can get it on the cheap, by all means.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It was pretty good, lots of neat art and silly weapons and nailed the Metroid 1 feel. Back-tracking got a little tiresome just because it's so huge but I felt like one time through was just the right amount of time before I would have gotten tired of it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I don't get the eSports connection

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I hope ME4 is good. For all the flaws the series has, the developers managed to build a very interesting universe and from a gameplay standpoint, combat got better with each iteration.

I'm just not placing any bets when we haven't seen a ton yet.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sam Faust posted:

If it's legitimate development, the publishing body has a way of shutting it down.

:golfclap:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

I would like it if the new Mass Effect game has some little easter egg you can find where it's revealed that the Reapers are only a problem in that one tiny corner of the universe

It turns out that organic and inorganic beings can totally get along all the times and the reapers were just a bunch of insufferable assholes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Nasgate posted:

Ftfy. Personally I would be happy with nothing but Volus and Elcor, the only cool or interesting races in the games.

ftfy

• Locked thread