Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

My job used to be to get journalists and photographers to the scenes of crimes/accidents/whatever I deemed newsworthy and I can tell you with 100% certainly something you all already know. Journalists that work in crime reporting are human scum. You can hear the excitement in their voices rise the worse the incident you describe to them is. This was before twitter, I can imagine them all sitting around the crime desk on their phones constantly searching for gory keywords now.

you mean half the people responding to this tweet?

https://twitter.com/KP_KaylaMarie/status/649640629459267584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Does the OP say anything more than the OP in the 4chan thread?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

maybe they went loco over THIS poo poo

Portland is the only Oregon town that matters obviously

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My job used to be to get journalists and photographers to the scenes of crimes/accidents/whatever I deemed newsworthy and I can tell you with 100% certainly something you all already know. Journalists that work in crime reporting are human scum. You can hear the excitement in their voices rise the worse the incident you describe to them is. This was before twitter, I can imagine them all sitting around the crime desk on their phones constantly searching for gory keywords now.
Absolutely true!

I used to have a big satellite dish and receiver and back in the 90's you could generally tune in the transmissions from the reporting news trucks and see everything that went on that was not broadcast to the general viewing public. Somewhere I have a tape I rolled when Columbine happened. There were reporters nearly getting into fistfights because they wanted their shot to be closest to the growing mound of memorial flowers. It was disgusting.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

/r9k/ is not a relevant internet community tbh

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

buttcoinbrony posted:

Hi this is Lance Jones from Channel 69 Actionews, would you describe your current pain as piercing or searing?

This is Chad McLargeBeef, Channel 31, can you please wipe your camera lens, your blood is blocking us see your death rattle.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Frog Act posted:

/r9k/ is not a relevant internet community tbh

how do you know? *inquisitive raise of eyebrow*

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Panaflex posted:

Absolutely true!

I used to have a big satellite dish and receiver and back in the 90's you could generally tune in the transmissions from the reporting news trucks and see everything that went on that was not broadcast to the general viewing public. Somewhere I have a tape I rolled when Columbine happened. There were reporters nearly getting into fistfights because they wanted their shot to be closest to the growing mound of memorial flowers. It was disgusting.

and so, the shooters get their 150 hours of infamy and go down as the edgiest kids on the block

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

lol 4 chan again

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Chromatic posted:

you mean half the people responding to this tweet?

https://twitter.com/KP_KaylaMarie/status/649640629459267584

The other half being @andymoney69 (kidding, keep up the good fight andy).

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

sucks

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Maybe it was ALQAIDAISIS??

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
is r9k the anime one

what sort of nerd can i blame here

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
also what is r9k

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Nothing's going to change because people need guns to defend themselves in rural areas from coyotes and hogs and the like, but this means that people also think that they need a rail gun to protect their homes. That, combined with severely lacking mental health services, coping behaviors, social pariah leanings towards those who seek assistance and the world generally sucking means poo poo ain't gonna change even if someone literally vomits guns on babies live on tv.

Yeah I lived in small town Oregon. There are places in the east where if you are running any kind of business you need a gun, no exceptions. It can be literally a hundred miles to the nearest police station. I've probably seen three cops or state troopers east of Bend in my entire life. There's not much dangerous wildlife out there however. A gun will scare off a bunch of coyotes or a snake, but so will a rock or a thrown stick since they are skittish as gently caress. But even then I don't really see a reason why we let people buy guns that aren't long arms. I've done a fair amount of trick shooting, and I own ~10-15 grand of handguns but even then I'd much prefer if we had a system where I had to register all them with a gun club like in the UK or if I had to keep them in a safe at the range like in some Euro states.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

r9k is a board for people who hate women and are lonely and friendless, that is its explicit purpose

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Still not as shocking as the twitter first-person murder video while the shooter fled the scene

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

this is why it's important not to go to a school with too many white people

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Frog Act posted:

r9k is a board for people who hate women and are lonely and friendless, that is its explicit purpose

Ok yeah I know its on 4chan I am asking what that specific subforum is for

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I did some searching how this area looks, and apparently pretty much like this :shroom:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

buttcoinbrony posted:

andymoney69 owns.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

heyo

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ThePriceIsRight posted:

this is why it's important not to go to a school with too many white people

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I hope it hurt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

try the veal

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

But even then I don't really see a reason why we let people buy guns that aren't long arms. I've done a fair amount of trick shooting, and I own ~10-15 grand of handguns but even then I'd much prefer if we had a system where I had to register all them with a gun club like in the UK or if I had to keep them in a safe at the range like in some Euro states.

that system ain't gonna work because the average range is in the middle of loving nowhere and when you fill it with things someone really wants to steal, that poo poo is going to get stolen and the cops won't respond in time

it's why that sort of centralized storage is little more than busywork for a whole bunch of feel-good security theater

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
"Don't commit mass murder OP"

"stfu moralfag"

Peak 4chan

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nightcrawler was a very good movie and I recommend people watch it.

also I can't wait for mental health issues to be ignored again

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

in a weird way you can blame randall monroe of xkcd. He came up with the Robot 9000 concept: that you could improve a forum by having a bot probate you if you say the same text someone else has said.

clearly it has worked

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Honestly a little disapointed 4chan tried to delete the thread.

Thought they were supposed to be all edgy and extreme

bunch of c-tier baby bitches it seems to me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Just as an aside Nightcrawler is a good movie.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

buttcoinbrony posted:

That guy owns.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

what lurks in the mind of a beta that makes him want to strike back at the normies?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i think that this event should inspire us to commit our limited resources to acheiving a completely impossible goal

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
The /r9k/ community is most well-known for its greentext stories that antagonize social norms and celebrate singledom.The board is famous for its stories of social awkwardness and nostalgia of the simpler times, as well as discussion of abnormal social behaviour. It is heavily used by NEETs[4] (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) who regret their life decisions and hold anger and disdain over males with active social and sexual lifes.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/r9k

Yudo
May 15, 2003

It's really beta to identify as beta. What a bunch of betas.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zyla posted:

in a weird way you can blame randall monroe of xkcd. He came up with the Robot 9000 concept: that you could improve a forum by having a bot probate you if you say the same text someone else has said.

clearly it has worked

r9k was pretty interesting when the robot was around because it meant there was always new content, which is pretty unique on 4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Pawn 17 posted:

Is this what it's like to post on a "relevant" message board?

i think it takes a special broken brain to deal with that layout day in and day out

• Locked thread