Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

buttcoinbrony posted:

The other half being @andymoney69 (kidding, keep up the good fight andy).

That guy owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I never liked the Pepe meme, I feel vindicated.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Three Olives posted:

We still don't have a body count or know if the shooter is dead or not? Like seriously, hours later they still haven't done a press conference and confirmed some basic details.

Yeah, this feels like a long rear end time for info to come out.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Josh Lyman posted:

"The shooter was well-known in the community but we don't know if he was a student"

:psyduck:

So he dealt something

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Josh Lyman posted:

Wouldn't shooting an NRA conference have the biggest impact?

Most of them will have been waiting for that moment their entire lives

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Kortney Moore, 18, from Rogue River, Ore., was in her Writing 115 class at Snyder Hall when she heard a shot come through a window.

She said she watched as her teacher was shot in the head. The gunman was inside the building at that point, she said, and was ordering people to get on the ground.

Ms. Moore said the the man asked people to stand up and state their religion, and then he began firing.

Ms. Moore said she was on the floor with people who had been shot.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Naerasa posted:

Did he actually ask people their religion or are we just reusing Columbine material?

Copied from New York Times. It's possible the guy was reusing Columbine material if you mean it in that sense

http://www.nytimes.com/live/shooting-at-umpqua-community-college/?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

rear end cobra posted:

Elliot got back at the beta males who stood in his way - CNN

lol did they really say this

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

rear end cobra posted:

Yeah, that's 90% verbatim

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
NY Times took down the religion thing.

hahaha (i know why the party hats at there but lol)

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
2010s Mass shootings were big fun news when the guys in Beef Turret's avatars were inventing the genre but we're unironically reaching the point where it's page A4 blurb news unless the numbers are high enough

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

rear end cobra posted:

The live tv first person twitter guy really upped the ante

Red Suit posted:

Elliot Rodgers was when shootings jumped the shark imo

The key, as in all industries, is delivery innovation and manifesto perfection (respectively)

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Team Sesh posted:

As soon as I heard the news I knew exactly what type of person did this. Their is an epidemic of lonely, socially awkward men who isolate themselves into psychosis, and things like this will continue to happen unless we address it. Mocking them and calling them nerds, m'lady, losers, virgins, or whatever other stupid insults you think up will only fuel their anger. This country needs a massive dialog about the sexual market place. It does exists and it is a real thing. These men are lashing out, because no one telling them what they need to hear. Stop telling these men that being nice, polite, and honorable is any way to get ahead in either professional, social, or romantic life. I could probably write you this guys life story right now, and I don't even know what he looks like. Social and romantic relationships are a need on the same level as food and water. Men who don't experience that get sick mentally and physically. I would bet my life on the fact that this guy has limited if any sexual history that was not paid for. Virtually every mass shooter in the past decade has the same MO. When are people going to wake up and admit that things like MRA/Red Pill/MGTOW can't be just be brushed aside and written off as a fringe group of "weirdos"? The sad thing is no one will talk about the real reason behind this and past shootings(low sexual market place value) and instead will focus on meaningless bullshit like left/right politics, and just write him off as a "crazy person". He and other shooters are sick, but they weren't born that way. If they had a social circle and romantic prospects this would not have happened. I defy anyone to find one mass shooter that had a large social circle, and steady girlfriends. Carry on calling him an "evil misogynist".

You paid money to make this specific post.

edit: does this shooter guy have a name yet jeez

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

ThePriceIsRight posted:

the internet has created a community for psychotic betas where they make pepe memes and encourage each other to shoot up their schools whereas in the past they would wallow in their lonely existence and do taxidermy or maybe murder one unfortunate person.

Lowtax was right about the Parrot rear end Club way more than he ever imagined

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
He's out there, for real, boi

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GdtAVNfzOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Erin Burnett keeps saying "egging him on"

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Headlines that are actually real

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
10 fatalities, 7 injured, 3 critical.

:smith:

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I've noticed the media occasionally isn't up to the task of accurately reporting on stories which involve the more anonymous portions of the web.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Chris Harper Mercer is the name.

Get googlin'

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I really wasn't expecting this to involve the IRA.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol if this is actually the case. cant imagine anything more absurd than some dude in oregon killing random catholics for the IRA, but he sure did post a lot of ira poo poo

https://myspace.com/344765151/video/ira-/102016605

I'm not endorsing the murders or the IRA's tactics but I like this song

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

I like how I looked at all 3 of these and "/r9k/ Beta Revolution" and "IRA sleeper cell" are both still perfectly valid possibilities.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I googled lithium_love and found there's at least one deleted blog post: https://kat.cr/blog/lithium_love/post/muslims-demand-jersey-city-schools-close-down-for-their-holiday/

If anyone wants to tell the professional web trackers or whoever.

Also one of his torrent uploads was Dude Where's My Car? A hosed up mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
5'09"

I hope he wasn't 5 foot 9 inches tall, and that he was very very close to 5 foot 1 but wanted to mislead.

• Locked thread