Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/peepleforpeople
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-10/01/peeple-yelp-for-humans-service-changes
It's Yelp for people except I think even on Yelp you can dispute bad reviews.

It's all fairly dystopian, but I'm pretty sure It's Always Sunny did it first. (e: oh wait lulu already existed)
So what rating would you get, GBS? I'm a solid 3 star dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im going to have to ask you to leave

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
maybe go from white noise posting to not posting

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hmm, feeling a little hurt here, come on guys the app's not even out yet :(

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
was gonna ask a HILARIOUS question about whether a 'Sheeple' app would be a good idea.

but then i did a quick google search and of course it already exists.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lorn Wayne posted:

was gonna ask a HILARIOUS question about whether a 'Sheeple' app would be a good idea.

but then i did a quick google search and of course it already exists.

ive got a good app if you want

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I just don't understand why we need this, but OK!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Co-founders Julia Cordray and Nicole McCullough insist that the app exists to promote good feeling among people, and that Peeple is not a bullying platform. “As two empathetic female entrepreneurs in the tech space, we want to spread love and positivity,” Cordray told The Washington Post. “We want to operate with thoughtfulness.”

The app’s Facebook claims that its mission is “to find the good in you,” and a post responding to a negative article asserts, “We are a positivity app for positive people!” Only time will tell if people on Peeple use the app to find only good and spread only positivity, but Cordray and McCullough are betting that they will.

“Whether you love us or our concept or not,” a statement from them on the app’s website reads, “we still welcome everyone to explore this online village of love and abundance for all.”

these dumb bitches are going to destroy so many lives, i cant wait

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
more like entreMANUREs :mmmhmm:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

people on twitter (like goons but with feelings) are pretty against it, and the devs are not responding to the negative feedback very well

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sout posted:

people on twitter (like goons but with feelings) are pretty against it, and the devs are not responding to the negative feedback very well

im voting your thread a 1

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
more like the pee... yeah immjust not into this anymore. im sorry. im going to go have a smoke

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Millenials :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enfield posted:

more like the pee... yeah immjust not into this anymore. im sorry. im going to go have a smoke

its okay im sure that once youve had a break youll be back at the top of your game

• Locked thread