Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have to admit, I don't really like High Chaos runs all that much. I gave it a go, and apart from my reflexes being along the lines of a dying turtle, the storyline changes weren't really for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Calax posted:

That's the catch 22 with this game IMO. The fun way to play penalizes you for using all these tools they eventually hand you.

I wouldn't call it a penalty, per se- like Stormgale said, the consequences actually fit in with the story. Honestly, I'd have felt more cheated if they allowed for a Low Chaos-style ending even if you do go full-on BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD OUTSIDER. I also kind of have to disagree with the tools statement- sure, murderers get all these cool toys, but stealthy non-lethal players have to deal with hiding bodies, taking the time to choke people out, managing funds for limited resources etc. The skillsets are different between the two, and I don't think a Low Chaos playthrough misses out on anything.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, Coolguye and Roboky, once you're done with Dishonored, are you going to do Transformers: Devastation?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bruceski posted:

My instinct is to go high so I've found a lot of these.

Same here- I never touch the ground in Dishonored unless I absolutely have to.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"Wait, you can get up there?" was my favourite part of the game. I honestly spent more time doing that stuff than actually trying to get to my targets :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

warhammer651 posted:

her relationship with Corvo was essentially an open secret to the nobility?

IIRC, this is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
mistakes into miracles

• Locked thread