Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I always think the Outsider looks like Stephen Dorff. Always manages to take me out of the game a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The best way to play is to use the Heart while pointing it at a random grunt. It gives you a little bit of dialogue about them, like 'he's the only one to take care of his ailing mother' or 'he once stabbed a man in an ally because he didn't like the way he smelled'. At which point, you deal with the grunt in the appropriate way.

It turns the entire game into a really dark episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

chiasaur11 posted:

Gotta say, I'm deeply curious how you're going to off Campbell, since there are so many options. I mean, that's true for everyone in Dishonored, but especially Campbell.

My favorite method takes enough set-up that I'm not sure it'll come into play, but really, they're all fun.

Any playthrough I've done, he lives.

He hates me more for it, but I make damned sure he lives.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Speedball posted:

Hell, the nonlethal solutions are often way crueler.

I'm trying to think of a situation where they aren't and I'm drawing a blank. One or two in particular are weapons-grade cruelty, and one in particular...

But, as always, we'll get there when we get there. The assault on Campbell is one I'm looking forward to though, especially the non-lethal run one. The number of ways you can gently caress with him is glorious.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

I for one really like the Outsider. "Trickster" is a bit too manic a description, I agree, but his behavior does make a degree of sense in the end.

v: Funny, I like the smug, confident, casual attitude. This is not a matter of life and death, this is not a quest of utmost importance, this is him handing one of the mice in his cage a sword and saying "Let's see what you do with this." as he says, "How you use what I have given you falls upon you, as it has to the others before you, and now, I return you to your world, but know that I will be watching with great interest."

Reminds me of a line: "There's no such thing as 'Good' and 'Evil, only 'Fun' and 'Boring'. Seems to me like he makes sure the people he bestows his gifts upon are, at least, going to be interesting in how they use them.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pretty good, though they were in that Stealth Game sale in the last week or so. That was only 50% off though, and I'm holding out for 75%.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

double nine posted:

Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

It gets a nice callback in one of the DLCs. Gave me a laugh when I heard it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Patrolling Gristol almost makes you wish for a whale oil winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Huh, he didn't strike me as a vegan.

• Locked thread