Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm happy to see you guys LPing this. Dishonored took a while to get into, but when it finally clicked, it became one of my favorite games. That, combined with your LPing style, makes me very excited. I'm sure I'll learn lots of things I didn't catch on my playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Trogdos! posted:

I bought Dishonored at full price yet never finished it. I savescummed at every corner which just completely ruined the experience. I haven't played a stealth game since, though I mostly play cutthroat rogues in RPGs.

Inspired by RoboKy, I think I'm going to dust off this game and do a high chaos run without ever loading the game when poo poo comes crumbling down. Just embrace the bodycount. Become a ratlord :unsmigghh:

This is honestly the best approach to playing Dishonored for the first time. I think Dishonored broke my habit of savescumming in most games, cause it was just not fun having to restart over and over.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I take umbrage with the suggestion Coolguy and I are Drakengard characters.

That's only a problem if you claim it's for justice, not because they're a bunch of annoying, self righteous, sanctimonious dicks

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Orv posted:

The worst I have to worry about is, being in west Texas, every couple months or so there'll just be a fairly large tarantula in the house. No reason, they just show up. One was just on the end of my bed one day when I woke up.

I am very happy my parents decided on the DFW area. My biggest issue is roaches.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Orv posted:

Yeah but then you're in DFW and tarantulas are weird and all but, DFW...

Truthfully, I'd rather wake up to a tarantula at the foot of my bed than, oh say, at least a dozen cockroaches. Writhing and doing God knows what. Besides scarring the hell out of me.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Yeah, I'm just glad I don't live somewhere rural. I drive out to nowhere for work, and it's just the worst. I'm quite happy with my disease laden pests if it means I have actual things to do.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Brainamp posted:

Fun Fact: That book is only available if you pre-ordered the game.

Do you mean in-game? It also shows up for GOTY owners. That, and a billion charms I never use. Slackjaw's rise was also good.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I think GOTY editions like to include all the pre-order stuff. Fallout: New Vegas GOTY comes with all 4 of the pre-order exclusives that you could only get from separate retailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Fish Noise posted:

Upon their reunion, Corvo and Daud share a secret handshake consisting of extending a hand to each other and suddenly snatching it back across the chest, a motion they've both been doing almost-uncontrollably ever since the Outsider appeared before Corvo.

I just laughed uncontrollably as I realized what you meant. gently caress. I still don't know how that guard motion happens. I've never had it happen to me when I meant to choke a guard out.

• Locked thread