Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

Okay yeah that is not a very funny gimmick you have going there dude. Heil Hitler something something

No, it's true. Transpeople need therapy just like the blind lady did.

I did forget SA became a carebear community and they never learned how to gently caress off.

News loving flash you stupid fucks: Being a trans person is a mental illness.

I know I have problems, but you fucks do some mental gymnastics to justify yours.

old wooden ships fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If she wants to be blind why not

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The people I legit feel sorry for are her mother and sister, how sick of her poo poo they must be

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Flesh Forge posted:

The people I legit feel sorry for are her mother and sister, how sick of her poo poo they must be
She's happy. Her mother and sister are lovely for abandoning her imo.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a dog from hell posted:

yes because being happy trumps being responsible or thinking for a second about how your actions impact the lives of other people

loving americans

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore posted:

yes because being happy trumps being responsible or thinking for a second about how your actions impact the lives of other people

loving americans

I don't think being blind and getting media press for following her dreams is ruining their lives.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

nomadologique posted:

position b) being sighted was causing her distress; hence being sighted was her disorder, which was cured by becoming blind

:thumbsup:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

a dog from hell posted:

I don't think being blind and getting media press for following her dreams is ruining their lives.

they are going to have to take care of her because she can't loving see. sight is one of our most important if not the most important sense we have ffs

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Christ don't let mentally ill goons so full of self loathing they can't even make jokes talk about other mentally ill people

It's incredible how a community that usually has pretty good jokes or awareness could just be sooo fuckin stupid about mentally ill people

It's so fuckin lazy too. Goon tranny jokes are the equivalent stupidity of "why don't they make the entire plane out of the black box material?"

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
:psypop:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Nauta posted:

they are going to have to take care of her because she can't loving see. sight is one of our most important if not the most important sense we have ffs

They should take care of her because chances are they are directly responsible for making her insane.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Christ don't let mentally ill goons so full of self loathing they can't even make jokes talk about other mentally ill people

It's incredible how a community that usually has pretty good jokes or awareness could just be sooo fuckin stupid about mentally ill people

It's so fuckin lazy too. Goon tranny jokes are the equivalent stupidity of "why don't they make the entire plane out of the black box material?"

I don't see the problem.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a dog from hell posted:

Keep in mind she's been "blind simming" since she was a little kid and requiring a lot of concrete physical care that was completely unnecessary :shrug:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a dog from hell posted:

They should take care of her because chances are they are directly responsible for making her insane.

you are gay and retarded

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore posted:

you are gay and retarded

Careful you might catch another ban for your hate speech.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

Keep in mind she's been "blind simming" since she was a little kid and requiring a lot of concrete physical care that was completely unnecessary :shrug:

Right? And a true trans has wanted to be the opposite sex from about that age. What is the difference? Nothing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah that's not a very good gimmick at all, hth

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Lard Goat posted:

Right? And a true trans has wanted to be the opposite sex from about that age. What is the difference? Nothing.

trans dont really no what am i doing this would be a waste of time and effort and you are clearly totally retarded

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you dream hard enough you too can become the pretty anime girl that you always knew you were on the inside.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

NecroMonster posted:

trans dont really no what am i doing this would be a waste of time and effort and you are clearly totally retarded

a very convincing rebuttal

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone with an anime avatar claims that something is too deep for the average person to understand.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I too will start blind simming to strip myself of personal responsibility and blame everything on my fake disability.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

there was a postie in australia who had this with his left leg. long story short he ended up sticking it in dry ice for long enough that he was sure it was hosed then went to hospital and they had to cut it off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2576978.htm

obert Vickers: 
Initially there was a bit of pain. But I guess knowing the outcome, the endorphins or whatever were probably running rampant through my body. And then later in the day when I thought it was just about done, I rang my wife, asked her to come and collect me. My leg was frozen stiff. So she arranged for me to be taken to the hospital. And the next time I woke up it was absolute ecstasy. The leg that I'd wanted to get rid of for all those years was ah just reduced to a, you know, a neat little bandaged stump

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
not crazy at all and actually very brave

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the difference is a general medical consensus that its a real medical condition and that transitioning is an effective treatment

E: also psychologists are not psychiatrists I dont think theyre even licensed

Phoon fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 2, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

as i do and many other people who arnt thrilled with their daily reality i offer this advice

DEAL WITH IT

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
The gimmick posers make a very good point: how is this different from being transsexual and wanting major surgery to completely rearrange the sex-bits you have now?

The thing is, I think I actually interpreted this in the opposite way they intended. Yes, purposefully blinding yourself because you feel "transblind" is not much different from cutting off your balls and turning your dick inside out because you feel "transsexual." However, rather than making me ok with intentionally blinding yourself, by comparison I now also feel that being transsexual is more than a bit crazy.

Somebody probably should have forced some kind of mental health care on this poor lady before she dissolved her eyes. By analogy, I now maybe kinda think that being transsexual should be grounds for mental health care rather than a date with a scalpel.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I remember reading about a blind couple who had a kid with normal vision. They wanted the kid to have an operation to render it blind so he could grow up with the same experience as them and be part of the blind community. Judge said no.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Somebody probably should have forced some kind of mental health care on this poor lady before she dissolved her eyes. By analogy, I now maybe kinda think that being transsexual should be grounds for mental health care rather than a date with a scalpel.

The psychiatrist made her blind

Mental health care needs major regulatory overhaul.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
no one can do something so dumb that sad brain goons won't come out of the wood work to defend it

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

another proud moment in the history of psychology

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

hey this lady is bonkers let's burn her eyes out with acid

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

steinrokkan posted:

The psychiatrist made her blind

Mental health care needs major regulatory overhaul.

Yeah, now I'm wondering if that rear end in a top hat did anything like this for any of his other crazy patients.

"Doc, I'm really paranoid. I think the CIA is after me---"

"They are! Holy poo poo! Do you think they have transmitters in your teeth! Lemme get my pliers, we'll rip those out of your head so those motherfuckers can't track you."

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Phoon posted:

the difference is a general medical consensus that its a real medical condition and that transitioning is an effective treatment

E: also psychologists are not psychiatrists I dont think theyre even licensed

there was also a general medical consensus during the early 1900s that

quote:

Additionally, because radiation was found to exist in hot spring waters which were reputed for their curative powers, it was marketed as a wonder cure for all sorts of ailments in patent medicine and quack cures. It was believed by medical science that small doses of radiation would cause no harm and the harmful effects of large doses were temporary.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

surely because there is a consensus on some topic it must mean the conclusion is absolutely correct

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Radium never works tho.

Look at this poo poo rear end coded forums lol

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Hey I don't want to work either and collect a check while people wait on me hand and foot, but you don't see me melting my eyes.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

its a shame this mentally ill person didnt get proper help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
she can be as blind as she wants but its still really funny and stupid

• Locked thread