Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Tom is going to tear karakurt to shreds in the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I've always liked his character. :saddowns:

It's going to be glorious. This show has some sort of power. I know it's crazy and sometimes dumb but goddammit I can't get enough.

I feel the same way. Something about sensationalized espionage and all-powerful secret entities make it fantastic to watch.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I love Reddington's old, reliable, long-haired muscle that basically throws himself out there to get whacked in order to get the job done no matter what. He and dembe are an unstoppable force.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Some crazy poo poo is going to happen with Liz in custody. Her transport is going to get hit or there's going to be a full on siege elsewhere and Red is going to have to get some serious reinforcements.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Pretty exciting episode to start it back up. Donald finally came around, took him goddamn long enough. I wish Reddington were my grandpa and he could just tell me stories

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Theshby posted:

I enjoyed him needing THREE stashes of artisan contraband to make life in a red state bearable. Is this show good now or am I getting dumber?

Liz barely spoke, tom was being tom, donald finally grew a sack, and James spader was being perfect as reddington as usual. That combo is good for this show.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm always down for more Red, Dembe, and Tom.

And Red's trusty old guy who provides security with the ponytail. That dude is badass. He doesn't give a poo poo if it's a foreign diplomat or business man or whatever, he's gonna shove his pistol into your back.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

tarlibone posted:

The very ending scene of the episode is one of the best TV moments in recent memory. I actually didn't see it coming.

What scene are you talking about? Did I miss something besides the embrace at the end between Keen and Reddington? My recording might have cut off.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Binary Logic posted:

The dinner drop-in was great.
The opening scene, gathering the troops and telling his bridge story was amazeballs.. "...let me play the hand and Cooper, you're the dummy".

I really hoped she would say something like, "Thank you dad" just to see his reaction. But OTOH Reddington doesn't react like a normal human being so he still wouldn't give anything away.

Yeah I thought I might have missed a hint like that at the end. But the director obviously knew and he couldn't have been the only other person in the world who knew.

I imagine that will be the focal point of the next season.

E- I'm dumb. This wasn't a finale. It's probably good that it felt like one though, lots of fun.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 15, 2016

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I want a spin off of Reddington and dembe's adventures prior to working with the fbi.

Easy title IMO: concierge of crime.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Long hair guy!

Such a badass.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I said it before and I'll say it again: we need a show about reddington and dembe's entire criminal past leading up to the moment he turned himself in. Traversing the globe, telling stories, and making money. Put it on HBO, ramp up the writing, and call it the "concierge of crime." Instant gold with Spader leading the way and without Liz mucking up the fun stuff.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'd love to have a few drinks with James Spader and just talk.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I don't think reddington ever needed that much muscle. He is more of a broker of information and favors. I guess he can scrounge up some mercs in a moments notice, but his funding probably isn't near as substantial as the people/groups he's fighting.

Also, Boz is an amazing badass.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Remington Alexander Blackstock is definitely a shadowy arms dealer that does business with any government for a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Now I've got denny crane stuck in my head.

Denny Crane

• Locked thread