Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Tom's back! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

This number's background went to a place I totally didn't expect up to that point.

Also RIP Dembe?

He was shot somewhere in the midriff in front of a bunch of people who presumably will call an ambulance. I assume he'll be okay until the assassination attempt at the hospital which will be thwarted by Red.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

Why did Tom have to do this ='(
I feel really bad for rich girl now. How many lives have Tom, Keane and Reddington's just since the show started?

I don't know, but if I had to be killed by any of them, I'd choose Tom. Reddington a close second just for the amusing anecdote he'd tell me first.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

'Did you even go to the academy?'

Classic Tom.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm glad that Red's long-haired goon finally got a line. Hope to see more of him. He's just so resourceful!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

This episode needed less Liz and more Tony Shalhoub.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Who doesn't work for Red's vast criminal organisation? It seemed a little bit too convenient to the plot that doctor guy should work for Red's mobile surgical unit, but then again, every plot point is a little too convenient in this show.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Here's the interview for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL88b9A2ySE

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

That ending... I love this lovely loving show.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Since she hasn't been cremated, I'm not convinced.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

mushroom_spore posted:

I hate Tom as much as anyone in this thread ever hated Liz, as he is an incredibly flat network tv carbon copy of any forgettable spy movie action hero guy ever, and he should have been off the show after his original (and only good) storyline ended. So if Liz really is dead and Tom is going away to be on a new show, Blacklist can only go up from here. :toot:

There's no place for you in this thread.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Daikoku posted:

I hope that this episode means that they're ready to make the show totally Spader-centered. That's probably too much to hope for though.

Also, I assumed that Baz was some sort of stunt guy and that's why he kept showing up as a background character, but it turns out that's not quite it:

Despite the ridiculous name, it's nice to see I had cause for thinking he was so cool.

quote:

Bazzel Baz is a former CIA agent who takes on the most impossible cases. And he doesn’t charge the heartsick family of the missing a penny. With volunteer help from other retired intelligence officers, Baz travels all over America and the world, covertly getting in and out of countries some of us can’t even pronounce. His goal is getting children back to where they belong. So far, Baz and the boys have a 100% success rate. They’ve safely brought home 53 children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/diane-dimond/the-patron-saint-for-miss_b_122603.html

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They put the awful title right in this backdoor pilot episode, "Gray Matters". ugh

still lollin' that absolutely no one at any point went "Hey, where's Solomon??" after he was shot, despite spending extended screentime with his partner and his employer

Well, they did, but briefly and nobody seemed to care that much anyway.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Hey, I like Tom when he's actually killing bad people and not being all domestic. If they'd only go back to that the show would be fine.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Actually, the episodes without Liz were pretty unbearable because the focus of those episodes was pretty exclusively on Liz with everyone pretending to be sad about her absence.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

'Goons? Now, that's not fair. Well, Carlton is a bit goonish, but Matthew is actually quite erudite and a world-class chess player to boot'.

About the best line to come out of this otherwise boring episode.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Neat stock footage of Sydney. Reddington sure gets around.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I liked the bit about gender equality in the workplace.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

The second episode was decent enough but they've lost me now. It needs more Spader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I see we're back to the "Samar being a superbitch so we don't care when she gets dumpstered like Meera" writing team.

Oh great, I can look forward to that. I've been feeling reluctant to keep watching the show all season, especially since the break, but maybe this'll get me back into it.

• Locked thread