Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I'm almost over Tom appearing out of nowhere to save the day.

But on the other hand, Ryan Eggold :shlick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

sbaldrick posted:

Also I was show the waitress had turn Keene in till the last moment.

Me too. When it turned out that conceited Red called in about himself being spotted to free Fisher Stevens, I sensibly chuckled.

I would love it if this show was just Red continuing to outsmart the federalies who bumble around like Keystone cops.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Aram is definitely going to die. He's been trying to 'friend zone' his way into Samar's pants for two seasons now, and Ressler has one chat with her while she's feeling all ~vulnerable~ and he's in? Ten bucks says he's out in some panel van doing the computer thing and Super Bad Guy comes by and only he can stop him which leads to him forgetting to take the safety off his dusty sidearm and ending up with a bullet in the chest which leaves him just enough time to get a parting kiss - on the forehead - from Samar.

Then she and Ressler will mourn him by awkwardly screwing again.

"It's what he would've wanted."

I thought Aram was going to be all butthurt over Samar, and that would make him turn coat and work with the cabal. Resulting in Red and Samar taking him down and as he lays dying, he whispers "I did it for you" and she shoots him in the forehead.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Come to think of it how do we know there isn't an alien invasion plot?

Aliens have a death ray pointed at the earth. Spader tells them a story about a lovely little bistro on Neptune with a divine baklava, and an even more divine waitress named Ozokorva who will tickle you with her tentacles. Then he shoots the alien general in the head before parachuting to the safety of earth's atmosphere.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Digital Jedi posted:

I love Tom's daddy remark toward Red.

Red's reaction was so good, too. Spader is too good for this show. He's the best part of it, and I really just want it to turn into Red and Dembe running around and taking out Big Baddies.

Megan Boone was on The Today Show this morning, and she's about 7 months' pregnant. Which explains why they wrote the pregnancy into the show. At least it provides a little catalyst for drama with Liz, Red, and Tom. Anything that puts more Tom, preferably shirtless, on screen is OK with me.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I can't wait for the Cabal to kidnap the baby and Red saves it by hiding it on the planet Jakku.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Gonz posted:

Spader was on Fallon tonight, and told a very, very Reddington-esque story about things he and JFK Jr. did in the late 70's when they were young.

I'm marginally convinced that the monologues he delivers as Red aren't scripted, and they just happened to film him talking off the cuff.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

tarlibone posted:

Does anyone really think Liz is dead? Because the longer this goes on, the more it seems like one big Batman Gambit.

I can't shake the feeling that this was all just a covert operation that was done in order to draw out some bad guys. The only question is who's behind it.

I think the doctor friend and Mr. Kaplan lady slipped her something. Red (and maybe Tom) isn't in on it and really think she's dead. Same with the FBI team. Closed casket funeral = she's not really dead.

I assume Meagan Boone took a few episodes off for maternity leave. She was pretty far along in the last episode she was in.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

omg is scottie liz's mom? LOL PRANK SHE IS TOM'S MOM!

I liked the embassy infiltration and I'd watch the spin-off if it was exclusively poo poo like that.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Roflex posted:

Tonight: Finale or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ykCNch0W6Y

In other news I'm thinking about putting together an actual :effort: OP for next season (probably encompassing both shows) so if anyone's got ideas/gifs let me know.

I've always been partial to this one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

I don't hate Liz. I think Megan Boone is a fine actress, especially with what she's given. The problem is, and this is the case for virtually every "OMG DANGER!" show on Network television, that they don't know what the gently caress to do with her.

Spader is easy. For all of his crazy monologues and caring/not caring about people, he's a rather two-dimensional character. Show up, keep secret, monologue, shoot somebody, be a prick to FBI, be nice to FBI, shoot someone. And it's not that Liz is a very deep three-dimensional character, but once they had her on the run after shooting the attorney general, there was practically nothing left for her. She was interesting as the only person Red would talk to in the FBI, and the mystery as to why was somewhat interesting as well (it's really wearing thin now). But once they had her heel turn, then face turn back, many in the viewing audience stopped caring. When the idea was faintly floated that she was going "gently caress the FBI, let's go take out the list, Red" it got a little intriguing. But nope. Right back to square one. Including the husband, and the baby.

There's no real change or evolution on this show, and the false danger of everyone wanting to kill/capture Liz and nothing loving happening just makes the show very dull (save for Spader).

• Locked thread