Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I want to say three.

Anyway, this is the thread to watch the amazing Spader-man completely school a bunch of dumb pylons in the art of acting. But to be fair to the pylons, the writing is so terrible it might not be entirely their fault.

At the end of season 2 Elizabeth Keane, a character who seems to exist solely so she can claim how strong she is and then go crying to Raymond Reddington (James Spader) when she can't figure out the most basic poo poo and have him fix everything for her, running away from the FBI because she's been falsely accused of being a terrorist.

We've also found out her mother was an ex-KGB spy. But Keane never knew her.

Also going by the season premiere the attorney general died (I seriously don't remember this happening), the guy who bribed a doctor to tell Cooper he was dying then blackmailed him into doing poo poo for him in exchange for getting him into a "medical trial".

If anyone wants to make an actual effortpost about this show they're welcome to and I'll add it to the OP. But with tonight having been the season premiere I wanted to get something up so that those of us who still hate-watch this show have a place to do so.

SEASON 4

I literally don't remember what happened at the end of last season, but it was bad, and now there's a baby, and I feel like maybe Liz and the baby got kidnapped, and also Xenia Onotopp is Tom's mom but he doesn't know, and they're flirting which is just weird and gross and yeah that's all I remember. I think I've repressed the rest.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It was actually a good episode by Blacklist standards.

Although anybody who was actually super good at getting someone out of the city and put up multiple decoy locations would have figured out that the FBI would realize they can't be in five places at once and they were decoys, and would have then tried to get them out of the city where the decoys were, not in the opposite direction. But hey, as Blacklist plot holes go, that one's pretty small.

Also I laughed at Lizzy's blonde hair. "NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE HER NOW!!!!"

And yeah Dembe's story was awesome. Dembe is awesome.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
This episode had enough Reddington that it was actually... good?

Though the ham-fisted writing of agent Mossad explaining the concept of diplomatic immunity to the audience via Ressler was pretty bad.

Also "oh no Ressler's trying to kill me, I better shoot the guy that's trying to kill him back!"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Well this episode went back to being pretty boring and bad.

It's good to see some things never change.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping that chick would have gotten away.

This show writes incredibly sympathetic bad guys.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Tom is the best, if only he didn't love Keane.

I would watch the poo poo out of this show if it was Reddington and Tom going on adventures.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Boatswain posted:

Crispin Crandall is such a bad name lmao. This episode was mostly awful.

With his flying plane that never lands, a hermit billionaire? Totally not Howard Hughes in the 21st century. There was even a Spruce Goose reference, to really jam it home.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
And yet Person of Interest has basically been cancelled.

There is no justice in the world.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

computer parts posted:

I haven't caught up with it but the ending of S3 of Person of Interest had stuff go really weird. Like I won't say the show was better when it was just "let's get a number and stop a murder", but it was more interesting when it was just Having a benevolent God become active and independent, rather than having an evil corporation make Evil God because reasons. I even would've liked it if the evil corporation was just out for profit and accidentally created Evil God, instead of just being doomsday cultists

It has gone really weird, but in a really good way I think. Unfortunately because CBS is the network of boring procedurals a lot of people just assume it's that kind of show, and while it started off that way ho boy did it veer off that path.

S4 is really amazing in every way.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
And then they make sure to point out that the man on the TV is the same man that just fell into their living room because good God does this show spell poo poo out for the audience so much it's ridiculous

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah that was definitely A Bad Episode.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My favourite part was her talking about the drug store pregnancy test, because it means a doctor told her she was pregnant and she decided to confirm it with a $10 walgreens kit.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I STILL CANNOT loving BELIEVE TOM GAVE LIZ A DOG AFTER THEY HAD A loving DOG IN THE FIRST SEASON THAT EXISTED FOR ALL OF TWO SECONDS JAFLDJKSHDSJ

I haven't watched the last two episodes, does this new dog make an appearance again or has it been forgotten as well?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It's either that or the Stockholm Syndrome is finally kicking in.

There hasn't been any ridiculous CGI or beyond stupid poo poo like a plane getting hit by a missle and just having one engine be on fire for a while. Also there aren't too many bad guys where I actively cheer for them and not the FBI like the Wilson episode in season 1.

edit: oh and of course no nuclear bombs have blown up in a city harbour making everything totally fine because it was under water.

Though the fact that they went for "Lizzie and Tom own a dog that's only seen in one scene and never explained or mentioned again" not once but twice now, and that the dog looked the same both times, is a very black mark against this season.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 10, 2016

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

computer parts posted:

The Blacklist is crossing over with House of Cards.

At this point every episode is just stealing major plot points from other TV shows and movies.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Whoever the blacklist got to do their special effects in seasons 1 and 2 apparently got hired by North Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L2hUxBXDug

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Evil Black Guy's going to steal a nuke! Quick, tell General Air Force Guy about it!"

"gently caress you, how we transport our cock analogs is no one's business, least of all yours."

"But the bad guys say they know your first convoy is a decoy, even though the safest way to move the loving thing would be in a plane."

"No one steals our dongs! And no, we can't transport it by plane because in this universe, nukes utilizing weapons-grade material evidently send out a shitload of ~deadly radiation~, so that's why we plan on transporting it on the NJ Turnpike...a heavily-traveled section of I-95 where you're almost assured of traffic snarls."

"And this whole thing was an elaborate ruse anyway, we don't want the nuke, it's to distract everyone from the fact that we're actually just trying to kidnap an FBI consultant, no biggie"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm refusing to get my hopes up that she's actually dead because the show might be better then and we can't have that.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I was thinking about 1/3 into the episode that killing Agent Keen was just about the only textbook swerve the show could do to prove that it had any kind balls or direction at all, but sadly knowing the soulless procedural grist mill it remains to be seen if they don't cop out with another massive chickenshit reversal.

It's worthy to note that they dropped a commercial break in the middle of her actual death, which is the hallmark of a dramatic move not to be taken seriously on network television. The odds aren't good but it would be swell if they decline to hit the plot reset ejection button and actually do something interesting with the interstitial scenes between Spader hamming it to the maximum.

24 was the best at faking deaths but making them believable.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I honestly expected Edgar to come back all swole and evil.

"Turns out fat people are immune to nerve gas. I just went into a coma and came out of it all buff." :smug:

Yeah, that was the thing about 24. You were never really actually sure if someone died. I actually spent most of Die Another Day thinking the president had sacrificed himself because they just did that so well.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That was really boring, I stopped watching sometime between the first and second ad break, my husband told me the ending later.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, Navabi is cool and good when they don't give her stupid rear end plotlines like being angry at Ressler because he slept with her and dumped her.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

I like Liz because she makes Tom happy and Tom is the second best character in the show after Spader.

Don't take that away from him thread :smith:

Tom is only good when he's not involved with anything to do with Liz though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I look forward to not watching that show ever.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I got the season right in the thread title, so I did my bit for this thread.

edit: which is probably the least-efforty of all the threads in the TVIV

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
This show is so bad.

So, so bad.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also was I imagining things or did the writers alternate between referring to Keanebaby as Agatha and Agnes?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Whoever changed the thread's tag got it right.

I'm fairly certain I set it to stupid right from the start. It is the most fitting tag.

(unless I accidentally forgot to pick a tag, but either way, it was always A Bad Tag)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My husband watched some dumb "MAKING OF THE BLACKLIST" thing they had on last week. They had the producers going on about how much people loved the show and how they loved the realistic CGI and then I walked out because nope

I can make a new thread later today or tomrorow, but I'm warning you, there will be as much effort put into it as this one. Which quite frankly is all the show deserves.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Alright deal we stick with this thread.

I updated the OP accordingly.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 21, 2016

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I watched the second episode only so far and it's not even worth hatewatching anymore. I'm overseas right now so we'll see when I get back, but this trip might just get me over the edge of not watching this dumb show anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It's good to know they decided to stick with the super creepy flirting between Tom and his probably mom in the new show.

• Locked thread