Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Is there any way we can fire the rest of the cast and just have James Spader smugly monologue about reddington stories for an hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Please be dead please be dead please be really dead.

Keen being dead would not only revitalize this show, but it would get rid of one of the two main sources of horrible side drama.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

:dance:
Please be dead please be dead please be dead

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

mushroom_spore posted:

I hate Tom as much as anyone in this thread ever hated Liz, as he is an incredibly flat network tv carbon copy of any forgettable spy movie action hero guy ever, and he should have been off the show after his original (and only good) storyline ended. So if Liz really is dead and Tom is going away to be on a new show, Blacklist can only go up from here. :toot:

Also please give cool old crime scene lady more scenes, I've always liked her.

I can't stand Tom either. Every time he shows up the focus of the show changes from James Spader being smug and awesome to some kind of awful spy rom-com with significantly less smugness and spaderness and significantly more characters and storylines I don't give a poo poo about. I don't want to know about Liz's home life. I really don't want her to be anything but a two-dimensional foil that follows Reddington around and acts surprised so he'll explain things to the audience. I don't want to know about Tom's tortured past regret bullshit, his relationship with Liz, Liz's loving baby, their plans for the future, ugh. Who cares. This show would be so much better if it just stuck to the goofy villain-of-the-week plotlines.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Except, except- if Keen really IS dead (oh god, please be dead, please be dead) that loving baby is still around so we'll get to suffer through at least a season of the wacky hijinks of Reddington with a baby carrier on his back. And Reddington trying to make Dembe change diapers. And ha-hah the baby has Reddington's gun again! That wacky crime lord and his weird not-a-grandchild! What crazy adventures will they get into now?! Uh oh, the baby's been kidnapped again! For the fifth time this season! Won't those gun smugglers ever learn?!

And that's the BEST CASE SCENARIO.

The WORST case scenario is the boring adventures of boring single dad-spy as he navigates the boring world of daycare while not actually having a job. "Oh yeah, old lady dean of admissions for this private pre-school, we'll just see about you not letting my kid in! I'll use my crazy spy skills to break into your office and change my kid's file to accepted! That'll teach you to mess with spy-dad!"

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

What a waste of time.

Imagine how much better this episode could have been, if, reeling from Keene's death (please be dead please be dead), Reddington spirals into a drug fueled haze, and upon emerging, Awesome Old Lady Fixer tells him to get his poo poo together because he's got a multi-billion dollar crime empire that is going to poo poo because he can't get his head out of his rear end.

He goes to a little coastal town to take a soul searching vacation, and to run away from his intense feeling of failure, and while there, he notices a woman clearly in danger and hiding from a group of unknown people.

He saves her, for whatever reason, because somehow he feels like saving her is actually saving Keene, or making up for it, or whatever, and feeling absolved, he gets back up on the horse and gets right into the business of laying down some vengeance which is what we all want anyway.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Ugh. I knew she was alive but I had hope that the show wasn't as awful as I expected it to be. I dunno what I was thinking.

At least with the spinoff we can get rid of loving Tom finally.

I wish CBS understood why people watch this show.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Cless Alvein posted:

If they figure it out maybe they'll tell NBC!

hahaha my bad. I'm not sure why I thought it was CBS.

MY OUTRAGE STANDS, HOWEVER!

radical meme posted:

This show was much better when it wasn't 100% Keen Family drama. For two full seasons, every episode has been about who is gonna kill Tom and Liz this week.

Seriously. I don't mind some non-Red scenes, fine, but let's remember what the draw of the show is. I wonder if the writers honestly think we give a poo poo about the family bullshit. Like they have a board in the writers room and it lists all the plots they want to hit this season and only one of those plots is "Reddington Doing Horrible poo poo To Horrible People(tm)" and there is a strange jump in the ratings for the episodes that feature a lot of that, but nobody there can quiiiite figure out why. So here is some more useless Tom bullshit where he for instance.. I dunno, shops for a phone or something. "People," the writers are sure, "will want to know what brand of phone Tom buys, and what apps he uses!"

I think Tom is the mary sue insert for the producer or something. There is no other way to explain why such a useless character is in so many episodes.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 21, 2016

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I wish the writers of this show had any idea why people watch the show.

I'm so ready for Tom to go to his own soon-to-be-canceled shitfest spinoff, I just wish he would take Liz with him into television oblivion.

'member how great Spader was in Boston Legal? 'Member how great it was to have other competent actors on the show with him so that even the scenes without Spader were still pretty good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

People who can conceivably out-act Spader don't have happy endings on this show.

You make a good point. I'm okay with just having Spader and the goobers, as long as there is a lot more Spader.

• Locked thread