Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

commy gun posted:

I turned the game off at the 2 minute warning in the 4th what the hell happened

It went to overtime because the Steelers' kicker missed twice and then they refused to give it to him twice on 4th down in OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

EvanTH posted:

I would say yes of course because Hot Hand is in no way statistically validated and he has historically been a competent NFL kicker ? Unless he's on the sidelines sweating and screaming and telling the coach he can't go out there then yeah let him do his job

Actually hot hands have been statistically validated!

:science:

In Baseball.

I think not kicking a 50 yard FG on that situation was warranted.

The play calls to get the 4th were poor at best though.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

commy gun posted:

I turned the game off at the 2 minute warning in the 4th what the hell happened

Ravens, bitch

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Congrats on small victories in the face of yesterday's failure of the beta male uprising in OR. The world will be yours yet

wow you are mad!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Parmesan Basil posted:

wow you are mad!

We've already covered that I am indeed mad. -- at Josh Scobee and Todd Haley.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

We've already covered that I am indeed mad. -- at Josh Scobee and Todd Haley.

When I get mad at football, I typically take a step back and take some deep breaths. It's a tactic that's helped me since childhood. If I'm still feeling that anger and grumpiness, I usually separate myself from the thing that made me mad. When I was younger, I'd play some easy video games to let myself relax. You seem like a gamer type so I think that would work well for you. If you ever need any posting advice, please come to me at any time!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Saw a couple plays last night where Vick was tackled from behind on either a QB draw or running from the pass rush. I imagine in 2004 those plays would have gone for 30+ yards.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Media is making this toilet paper narrative a thing. Something something poo poo game.

@ArmandoSalguero
Joe Philbin reports he has had no issues with British toilet paper.

@RichCimini
Todd Bowles wasn't aware of toilet paper controversy: "I'm not saying a word."

@domcosentino
Mangold on whether he used British toilet paper during visit this summer: "I think so. It seemed fine. No issues."

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Parmesan Basil posted:

When I get mad at football, I typically take a step back and take some deep breaths. It's a tactic that's helped me since childhood. If I'm still feeling that anger and grumpiness, I usually separate myself from the thing that made me mad. When I was younger, I'd play some easy video games to let myself relax. You seem like a gamer type so I think that would work well for you. If you ever need any posting advice, please come to me at any time!

Hmm, yeah your remarkable self-control lead to a toxx for a year of not complaining about Alex Smith. Thanks tho

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I feel sorry for whatever poor fucker is the next Steelers kicker this year. So far we've had Swish Dawg tear his acl, Garrett Hartley tore his hamstring, then Josh Scobee tore the part of his brain that lets him kick field goals good

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

The Ravens are loving trash. They could barely squeak out a win against a Steelers teams without Fatso and a kicker that seemed determined to lose the game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Colts just signed Josh Johnson so they'd have a backup QB when Hasselbeck starts. If Hasselbeck has to start.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

Colts just signed Josh Johnson so they'd have a backup QB when Hasselbeck starts. If Hasselbeck has to start.

drat, Kaepernick's monkey's paw is no joke

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Yaws posted:

The Ravens are loving trash. They could barely squeak out a win against a Steelers teams without Fatso and a kicker that seemed determined to lose the game.

The Steelers always play the Ravens close, aside from last year where they both blew each other out

The Ravens split with the Steelers in 2012, barely beating Byron Leftwich and losing to Charlie Batch. The Ravens won the Superbowl that year

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is fat Randy in Pittsburgh yet ?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Not cool getting fat cheeseburger bitch randy's hopes up imo

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Goetta posted:

Not cool getting fat cheeseburger bitch randy's hopes up imo

randy is a true burger boy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also the Ravens are trash this year if Manziel plays i bet they lose to Cleveland in a theoretical universe where the Browns don't have poo poo for brains.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

burgerboi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

The Steelers always play the Ravens close, aside from last year where they both blew each other out

The Ravens split with the Steelers in 2012, barely beating Byron Leftwich and losing to Charlie Batch. The Ravens won the Superbowl that year

I was more embarrassed last night than I was after the Batch game

Granted, Batch rules, I was happy to see him win, and by the time the game was over the team at least had multiple wins (not just one)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm a burgboi.

What are the odds that Trestman gets shitcanned before the season is over?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
besides being an alcoholic, didn't jeff reed get booted for missing a 26 yarder? he cundiffed harder than cundiff.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that's right philbin, show some leadership and don't coddle your team with special baby toilet paper. let them play with the red rear end.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

TubeStank posted:

I'm a burgboi.

What are the odds that Trestman gets shitcanned before the season is over?

Considering Harbaugh already did it to an OC who iirc was performing better than Trestman, I'd say it is pretty likely!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Trestman is pretty bad but he's not the guy forcing receivers to drop catchable balls.

That drive that ended before the 2 minute warning was what? 3 of 4 dropped passes?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

embarrasing tank posted:

Considering Harbaugh already did it to an OC who iirc was performing better than Trestman

That is incredibly untrue

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

That is incredibly untrue

I was going by the fact the Ravens were were progressing to the playoffs, but will defer on the actual performance. How is Trestman's unit better? (I'm not being a dick, I really would like a primer from someone who knows)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQUlCb3WIAEJH9W.mp4

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

embarrasing tank posted:

I was going by the fact the Ravens were were progressing to the playoffs, but will defer on the actual performance. How is Trestman's unit better? (I'm not being a dick, I really would like a primer from someone who knows)

Trestman can't be accused of horribly misusing talent like constantly sending Anquan Boldin on deep routes. Also, Cam Cameron's offense was the definition on uninventive. Motherfucker took run, run, pass, punt to unbelievable new depths. Trestman isn't even the worst coordinator on the team. Hell, he might already be the 2nd best OC in Ravens history, which is not to say he should be retained next year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Trestman can't be accused of horribly misusing talent like constantly sending Anquan Boldin on deep routes. Also, Cam Cameron's offense was the definition on uninventive. Motherfucker took run, run, pass, punt to unbelievable new depths. Trestman isn't even the worst coordinator on the team. Hell, he might already be the 2nd best OC in Ravens history, which is not to say he should be retained next year.

Who is #1? Kubiak? Caldwell just for the post-Cameron play-calling rescue on the Super Bowl run?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers have yet to lead at any point in the first three quarters of a game this year

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

The Chargers have yet to lead at any point in the first three quarters of a game this year

At least they won't be in last place in the AFC West after this weekend :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

At least they won't be in last place in the AFC West after this weekend :(

We'll be tied.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sean10mm posted:

Who is #1? Kubiak? Caldwell just for the post-Cameron play-calling rescue on the Super Bowl run?

Kubiak. Caldwell's contribution to the Super Bowl team was a correction that 2 million other people in Maryland could have made.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
That game was awesome. I'm glad the Ravens won because they weren't wearing any of that stupid pink bullshit the league shoves down our throats.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
God, that game ruled.

Congrats Cinci.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I saw this pic on twitter and am glad someone snagged it.

Newb question: whos that skinny looking guy with the moustache that everyone posts photoshop pics of usually next to Scobee?

edit: this guy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=450924023

edit: ah trestman

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

google says its trestman.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Slender-man's body double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp