Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
of course im goony as hell and gently caress it up all the time (to have your body create more heat, you eat food with protein/fat of some sort. easy to gently caress up)

please be careful while maintaining your body temperature. with practice, you can literally swim in a frozen lake if you feel like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to overclock my cpu and hobo up in the home office for the winter.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

starting rocking the spandex long johns a few weeks ago

also turned on the heat before taking a shower a handful of times b/c there's this pervert ghost hanging around my place and it likes to sit on the toilet and watch me soap myself up and it makes the room frikken cold as fudge

it's my own fault for buying a transparent shower curtain though vOv

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the heat from my pc and ps3 (only need one on, even) is enough to keep my apartment at a good temp before it gets freezing cold outside

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

wiffle ball bat posted:

i sure as heck did. 67 degrees baby!

Christ, your computer should be enough to heat your house in that weather.

It was 106 here the day before yesterday, and 100 yesterday. I actually ran the AC.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

i always forget the conversation rate so i had to google

60f is 15c

lol at using your heater when it's 15c

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

VideoTapir posted:

Christ, your computer should be enough to heat your house in that weather.

It was 106 here the day before yesterday, and 100 yesterday. I actually ran the AC.

67 degrees is what i set the thermostat to. it's a bone chilling 55 out right now.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Digital Fingers posted:

i always forget the conversation rate so i had to google

60f is 15c

lol at using your heater when it's 15c

lol at using celsius

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

if I ran the world anyone who used a heater when it's above freezing would be dragged into the streets and shot

everyone else would die of exposure

harmony

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i only use LORD KELVINS as a unit of measurement of the kinetic energy of particulates bouncing around

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

no because i'm not a wussy pussy

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Nefarious posted:

lol at using celsius

:(

don't own me

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
had the heating on all summer, im british

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
low 60s is still basically t-shirt weather you clown

call back when it's cold enough outside that spending even ten minutes outdoors is a legitimate risk

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I haven't turned on the furnace yet, but I have hid in the computer room with the space heater!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Given that only two weeks ago we were in the high 80's and today is in the low 50's, raining with the (slim) chance of a hurricane in a couple days, I decided to put on my hoodie and wool socks.

And that is all I'm wearing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Weather claims it's 57 degrees outside and I've got my wall mount AC blasting away, I like it cold

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

well some of us don't own plants and are perfectly fine at 45 degrees

i draw the line somewhere at 53. a hat a sweater and a hot wassail do wonders in winter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Claven666 posted:

i draw the line somewhere at 53. a hat a sweater and a hot wassail do wonders in winter
i'm basically a polar bear. i'll wear short sleeves in 20 degree weather as long as it's not windy or snowy

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I have the ac on right now and a fan blowing on Medium Strength. It feels pretty good.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i'm in new england, it's getting cold, previous apartments had heat included, or girls, or both, but i have a good feeling my new roommates will wait til November to turn it on as God intended.i aint turning on myself thats for sure.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I never turn the heat on because my landlord has a grow room in the basement below me and that keeps my living space warm and toasty year round.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I have wood stoves but I don't want to fire them up just yet, I need to clear out the pipes first because I know at least one of them has a bird's nest in it :3:

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013
I'm working in the kitchen and my idiot housemate (the same one as mentioned before) comes in and makes clicking noises behind me. After a minute or so I look around and realize that he's trying to reprogram the heating (he's new here and the controller is unintuitive) and wants to turn on the heating overnight. I explain to him that I set it on the program that keeps the house at 17 degrees overnight (since he managed to turn it on at a constant 20 degrees the other day, which I obviously cancelled when I found out) and that it's still 20 degrees at 1.30am, so the boiler hasn't kicked in and that he needn't worry.
Twenty minutes later, he comes downstairs and says that he's worried that 17 degrees won't be warm enough and that he "might get cold", and can I set the heat to 20 degrees overnight? I'm sitting here in shorts and t-shirt, just as I'll be dressed when I go down to my room, where I have the windows open 24/7 from March to mid-November, and trying to think of a way to tell him to be less pathetic, but I gave in and said ok, and he watched over my shoulder as I programmed the stupid heating for 20 degrees.
So, yes, I did turn the heating on yet, and no, I'm not happy about it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
LOL if your Nest doesn't do that automatically for you.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Idaho is nice and temperate this time of year (for a couple of weeks). If you ever visit do it in September.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ive got a fever of one hundred and three

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Harald posted:

ive got a fever of one hundred and three

You need to go to the ER right now ):

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Nooner posted:

You need to go to the ER right now ):

he's just hot blooded

hot blooded

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
One time I had to load a van outside (it was -3) and the boss had his radio on playing Cold as Ice by Foreigner. gently caress Foreigner.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
yes. to day was 30 degrees colder than last week and I spent 4 hours in the rain

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The H is O.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell no. My hoodies (that I am now sleeping in)and sweat pants and blankets are already paid for. Why pay again to be warm?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChairmanMeow posted:

Hell no. My hoodies (that I am now sleeping in)and sweat pants and blankets are already paid for. Why pay again to be warm?

where is it you live?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

where is it you live?

Pennsylvania

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChairmanMeow posted:

Pennsylvania

me too. good for you if you can take it. I spent all day in the rain. Had to turn it up to 65

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ChairmanMeow posted:

Pennsylvania
:hfive:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
^howdy neighbor

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

me too. good for you if you can take it. I spent all day in the rain. Had to turn it up to 65

yeah i just build a couch fort and stay in it. the outside is not for me. it's actually 63 in here without the heat. I add 2 overweight cats and I'm gtg.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChairmanMeow posted:

^howdy neighbor

yeah i just build a couch fort and stay in it. the outside is not for me. it's actually 63 in here without the heat. I add 2 overweight cats and I'm gtg.

didn't have a choice. those lazy dead people won't bury themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

i'm basically a polar bear. i'll wear short sleeves in 20 degree weather as long as it's not windy or snowy

i've mellowed a bit in my old age. there was a time i used to sleep with my window cracked when i was living on the canadian border. it smelled really good

• Locked thread