Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Cuchulain posted:

Does the Touch version of Divine Recovery provoke an AoO?

As a supernatural ability, it does not provoke.

Edit: Also if people could add their movement speed to their combat blocks that would be really helpful.

Piell fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

zachol posted:

I like that Val's amazing series of clusterfucks continues with a natural 1.

Can we have a fumble chart? Or, if not for the party, can Val have a fumble chart?

Narcolepsy. It all adds up. :colbert:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Cuchulain, you can only run in a straight line, so the most you can do is double move.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm gonna THROW MY ROCK. I didn't roll great, but not totally awful, either. So I have no idea if that's gonna be enough to thonk one more on the back of the head with a magic supermassive baseball.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
That's a miss, so nothing The Animal can do to help

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

drat. Was worth a shot!

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Ryuujin, in trying to figure out what we can do outside of a fight, I took a close look at your skill point allocation. I have some thoughts:

1. You have 63 points available and spent 59.
2. You spent 5 points each on Climb, Jump, and Swim. You can turn into a bird or a shark. Jump does give you a +2 synergy to Tumble (which you forgot to include), but putting 4 more points in Tumble, which you can do, gives you +4 Tumble.
3. You spent 5 points on Intimidate with a Charisma of 8. You have no feats or class abilities that require or enhance Intimidate.
4. Survival is most useful with the Track feat. Without Track, you can replace the benefits of Survival with Know Direction, Endure Elements and 100 gp of supplies+mules.

Here's my suggestion, without straying too far from the direction you've been going (I posted my preferred build earlier):

9 ranks in Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Tumble = 54
--all of these make sense to raise forever since they are either vitally important or are opposed by continuously increasing counterparts of NPCs.
5 ranks in Sense Motive = 59
--Some synergy bonuses, fits the whole animal theme
1 rank each in Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Local, Nature) = 63
--Gives you the opportunity

zachol, you haven't wasted any points on skills your class features supersede, so that's good. I'm not sure Heal is really worth it, but it's not a complete waste. My main suggestion for you is to try to stick with a point distribution of max. ranks for things that might be opposed, five ranks for things that are most interesting for their synergy bonus, one rank for skills that can only be used trained and the consequences of failure aren't high (mostly Knowledges for the monster knowledge roll), and <remaining points> in something that's in the first or second categories but you didn't quite make it to the goal yet.

Everyone else I either have no suggestions or they have no possibility of doing well with a skill that would be relevant in our current wandering around a marsh/sneaking up on bad guys scenario.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 21, 2016

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm no idea how I got off on skill points spent, also I don't think I have Know Direction or Endure Elements, does someone else?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

I have Endure Elements (for up to 2 people) and Val does too. An Eternal Wand of Know Direction is 460 gp. In theory a continuously active Know Direction ring or the like is 500 gp*. A regular wand of it is 375 gp. I think it's just a good general plan that if something can be replicated by a widely available level 0 or 1 spell, by level 6-8 you should be planning to just solve the problem with money.

* Pretty sure Piell will never let us use those rules, so maybe a moot point. :)

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaem's a War priest, not a Sun priest. Klem's racist. :colbert:

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Klem's a little vague on details that aren't related to hunting/riding dinosaurs. He heard "war+storm", translated that to "weather" and remembered "sun".

A model aristocrat.

He's obviously also racist, since he can't be bothered to figure out what a killoren is.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 22, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, Cal's good with any plan that involves violence, and I can't think of anything better than what we've got. I say we go with the simplest viable one and burn it down, if only for the sake of keeping the game moving.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

How big is the Wasp? Follow up question, if it's Large or bigger and therefore immune to Gust of Wind, will GoW knock the rider off? Trying to decide on Wind or Thunder here. v:v:v

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
It is Large, and the rider won't be affected.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Thunder it is!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like we should all target the wasp, then. We have no way of knowing which has more health, and if we kill the wasp, gravity will take care of the rider. (Also, it's a larger target, therefore somewhat easier to hit.)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Was my description of Klem imitating a wasp not enough to make my goal of everyone shooting the wasp clear? :(

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Bouquet posted:

Was my description of Klem imitating a wasp not enough to make my goal of everyone shooting the wasp clear? :(

I thought you wanted the Animal to turn into a Wasp so we could all enjoy BUGFIGHTS.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Reminder that my Divine Recovery healing is blown and I'm low on spells. Still got 3 charges on my Healing Belt, but we should either camp out or play very safe next fight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I really think we need to take one of them alive to pry for information. If we can set up a blitz/ambush and do enough damage in the surprise round to rout them, that'll kill two birds with one stone.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
New updates to Shapeshifter and Skirmisher! Shapeshifter has Self-Determination, which allows them to pick from a variety of options. Ryuujin, since you're 6th level, you have two picks to add. For skirmishers, there is now the option to take a Favored Environment (with various bonuses) instead of favored enemy, so zachol you can switch to that if you want.

Also please try to pick up the posting you guys! Agree with/make suggestions to/make new plans so we can get this game moving at a decent rate.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Favored environment it is!

Are we currently in "forest" or "marsh"? Picking forest and underground as my two regardless.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Currently in marsh.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The terrain mastery for Marsh has changed, since it was redundant with other class abilities the skirmisher already had, so zachol you can change it if you want.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I've been making some characters for a possible upcoming game using my new classes, and I've made a few changes to some of y'alls classes based on my experiences.

Battleminds get the Basically a Monk ability at 1st level, because for some reason every monk prestige class wants to tie it to a different monk ability.

quote:

Basically a Monk (Ex): If a prestige class, feat, or other ability requires monk class levels or a specific monk class ability that every monk has, the battlemind is considered to have those abilities for the purposes of satisfying prerequisites for that prestige class, feat, or ability. (For example, a 7th level battlemind can take a prestige class requiring the Wholeness of Body ability). This does not include any of the options for bonus monk feats, but does include Improved Unarmed Strike. This does not allow the battlemind to use those monk abilities, and improves to those abilities does nothing except as stated in specific battlemind abilities. Also, Stunning Strike counts as Stunning Fist for determining prerequisites (but is not improved by anything that would improve Stunning Fist)

Shapeshifters are a little anemic on the damage front at low levels until they get to 8th level, so now their Predator, Aerial, and Oceanic Predator forms' bite attack does Strength x1.5 damage instead of just Strengthx1, so it's a little better. They also get the shapechanger subtype at level 1.

Avengers now get 4 skill points per level.

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 10, 2016

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Dropping a 40ft radius cylinder on the caster at D-11 would catch the bug and Lion but not Klem, right? Trying to blind the various monsters without knocking Klem and Killer on their rear end.

Doesn't matter anymore 'cuz he moved!

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 11, 2016

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Piell posted:

Avengers now get 4 skill points per level.
Klem is now an excellent diplomat (all evidence to the contrary), a better jumper (and therefore a better tumbler), and most importantly: a decent cook. No true Hardnose gentleman is incapable of whipping up a souffle should the need arise. (Imagine, you're touring your lands and the only place nearby at lunchtime is a cluster of miserable peasant human hovels. You can't be expected to eat their swill!)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You don't eat swill, you drink swill.

I would know, it's Cal's favorite passtime. :cheers:

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

It's telling that the Common tongue has so many different words for low-quality food and drink that one can't keep track. In Halfling, we just have "uk", which translates literally as "better than dying, I guess," to refer to all bad food and drink. We reserve a glorious array of words to good food and drink, of course.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
It turns out I gave blindsight 30' to heroes at 6th level and that should have been changed to blindsense 30' at 6th level, improving to blindsight at 13th level.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mmkay. Noted.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Everyone make sure your character sheet on the first page of the game thread is up to date if it isn't already, please! (looking at you zachol)

Also good work on Khaem for making the bolts d10s instead of d6s. Hooray for storms!

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

You remembered that the caster can't see us and is targeting squares blindly, right?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Cuchulain posted:

You remembered that the caster can't see us and is targeting squares blindly, right?

Yeah, he just cast at the last spot he saw people at, since Val and Klem haven't moved since the Sleet Storm was cast.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Suggesting that The Animal enter the hole, cutting off their escape and being safe from the storm once inside.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
FYI, Sleet Storm is not dismissible, so it can't be gotten rid of until the duration runs out

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
We need some kind of group telepathy so we can pass plans along better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oops.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Ryuujin posted:

We need some kind of group telepathy so we can pass plans along better.

#redhandofdoom irc.synirc.com is an excellent way to simulate the bond of long-time comrades who've worked together for months and spent every evening of the current trip discussing ambush-busting tactics. (What, you thought Klem was going to let people talk about fun stuff when the job wasn't yet done?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Piell posted:

Everyone make sure your character sheet on the first page of the game thread is up to date if it isn't already, please! (looking at you zachol)

Also good work on Khaem for making the bolts d10s instead of d6s. Hooray for storms!

Argh, sorry about that.

• Locked thread